Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

More Abbott and Costello!

I am writing this on behalf of Bill Kantor. He is a veteran and a patient of mine. He loves Abbott and Costello. His favorites are Lost In a Harem, Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein and Africa Screams. What are your favorites?

• 2 weeks later...

Starting at about 5 years old I was a fan of classic monsters, and of Abbott & Costello. My father regaled me with stories about his having seen ABBOTT & COSTELLO MEET FRANKENSTEIN as a kid, when it was new (1948). It sounded like the greatest movie ever. We did eventually see it together on TV and as a little kid, I remember thinking, this must be the greatest movie of all time.

As an adult, I will still put it in the top 100 movies that I've ever seen. 

Probably, my next favorite A&C film is HOLD THAT GHOST. If your friend Bill has not seen it, I will bet that he will enjoy it.

• Like 1

I love Abbott & Costello. Once we finally got cable when I was a kid in the’70s, we were able to get WPIX out of NYC. They aired one of A&C’s Universal movies every Sunday morning at 11am. I probably saw each one at least 3 times. I really wish TCM (or any network) would show these movies on a regular basis so a new generation of kids could get exposed to their comedy.

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Elove40 said:

My Favorite Abbott & Costello movie was them meeting Frankenstein!!!  When it comes to physical comedy, there right up there with the best of them.  

That is one great film.   Universal was able to take advantage of their fine horror films and associated actors and blend them into the physical comedy and overall humor of Abbott & Costello.     Note that Karloff isn't in this film,  but he is the headliner in the next one.    Universal was  wise not to use him for the Monster,  and instead give him a leading role in the next A & C horror related film.

• Like 1