Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What are the movie clips in this video.

skimpole

This is a comparatively recent video of Electric Light Orchestra's 1979 hit "Don't Bring me Down."  As you can see, it includes clips from several movies, which the editor/author of the video hasn't bothered to list on youtube comments.   One commenter says there are clips from Bye Bye Birdie, Sweet Charity and Hello Dolly.  Not having seen those three movies I wouldn't know.  I don't know where some of the other clips are (the dancing sailor girls are not from a movie, but are a comparatively recent group), but would like to know.

I know for sure that the group of male dancers in pastel colors and which is first shown at the 1:19 mark and then repeated a few more times later in this video, is part of the "Shipoopi" number from The Music Man (1962).

11 hours ago, Dargo said:

I know for sure that the group of male dancers in pastel colors and which is first shown at the 1:19 mark and then repeated a few more times later in this video, is part of the "Shipoopi" number from The Music Man (1962).

And before that, at 1:17, the dancing Hello, Dolly waiters.  Who also appears intermittently, as only four clip sources seem to be used.  

(And, as Xanadu fans know, there are no bad dance sequences to ELO:)  😁

• Haha 1

Sweet Charity first appears at about 17 seconds in.  It's a dance called "The Rich Man's Frug" choreographed by Bob Fosse.  It's used throughout this video.

Bye Bye Birdie's "Lot of Livin' " with Ann-Margret in pink is also used a lot.

The previously mentioned "Shipoopi" from The Music Man:

The "sailor girls" number is from a music video:

The Hello, Dolly clip is from the number entitled "Waiter's Gallop" .  I couldn't find any decent clips from the film quickly.

I can't identify the clips with the guy in green doing his best Donald O'Connor impersonation.  Those clips are interspersed several times. 

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings