Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

it's on (my) on Demand. it was the first episode of the new season.

the ending is WILD.

Am sure it'll be rerun. I'll look for it! :D  Odd, as I make a point of watching this show. Something else must've been on that I was watching...

8 hours ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, I couldn't believe that guy. Like he thought his neighbor would be ok w/that or never return? And the neighbors were ok w/it because he fixed their cars. LOL.

Plus, who's going to believe gun violence in Detroit? Yeah it seems most of the neighbors were okay with

what he was doing because he would fix their cars for free. I think the neighbor should have called the cops

during one of those 3 a.m. chop shop work sessions and caught him with the goods, unless the cops were in

on it or just didn't care. 

• Haha 1
35 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

Plus, who's going to believe gun violence in Detroit? Yeah it seems most of the neighbors were okay with

what he was doing because he would fix their cars for free. I think the neighbor should have called the cops

during one of those 3 a.m. chop shop work sessions and caught him with the goods, unless the cops were in

Then the guy offers to buy the house for 5,000! Yeah, right!

1 hour ago, Hibi said:

Yeah, and that was up from his first offer of $1,000. Talk about being clueless. 

• Haha 1
16 hours ago, Vautrin said:

16 hours ago, Hibi said:

15 hours ago, Vautrin said:

Yeah, and that was up from his first offer of $1,000. Talk about being clueless. 

I watched the DETROIT CHOP SHOP episode last night, it was all right, but by FEAR THEY NEIGHBOR standards, the ending was kinda anticlimactic (there have been some WILD ENDINGS on that show.)

I was impressed by the 24 karat gall of the neighborhood lady who was friends with the chop shop guy and took his side adamantly (I'm guessing he replaced her transmission for free),

"like, he was buggin [MR. CHOP SHOP GUY] ALL THE TIME and addin all KINDS of CRAZY STRESS to his life over his stuff... when all he was doin was TRYIN to look out for his kids"

translation:

"Look, I'm sorry that YOU have CHOSEN to take offense from my friend's illegal seizure and subsequent desecration of your private, and paid for, property and for his  subsequent refusal to abide by the Laws of either the state or Human Decency, but hey, it's Detroit and what the Hell were you doin leavin a house unoccupied for a year?"

• Haha 1
On 4/19/2021 at 6:55 AM, Hibi said:

LMREO!!!!! I didn't know they were brother and sister. How did you get around the auto censor and he didn't?

Lol. I think because I wrote LaCock as one word. Otto didn’t catch it. If I’d added a space, it probably would have been censored. 

• Haha 1
9 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Lol. I think because I wrote LaCock as one word. Otto didn’t catch it. If I’d added a space, it probably would have been censored. 

It's no wonder she changed her name for the screen!

On 4/17/2021 at 7:38 PM, LuckyDan said:

I'm curious. What are some television comedies that you have enjoyed?  I mean thoroughly, not just an episode here and there.  

Recent shows:

SCHITT’S CREEK: Funniest show I’ve seen in a long, long time.  Catherine O’Hara’s Moira Rose quickly became one of my favorite TV characters of all-time. Her fruit wine commercial --- an instant classic!

THE SIMPSONS: This show has been on for decades, but I consider it recent because new episodes are still airing, and they are still funny.

FAMILY GUY: See comment about THE SIMPSONS.

GIRLS

Older shows that I own:

THE COMEBACK: I love Lisa Kudrow (and Valerie Cherish)

3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN

THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW: Probably my favorite TV comedy of all time

THE BRADY BUNCH

BEWITCHED

THE LUCY SHOW

I LOVE LUCY: Recently purchased the complete series

Older shows I enjoy but do not own:

THAT ‘70s SHOW

MALCOM IN THE MIDDLE

SAVED BY THE BELL

ROSEANNE

THE GOLDEN GIRLS

THREE’S COMPANY

LAVERNE & SHIRLEY

THAT GIRL

• Like 2
On 4/18/2021 at 5:35 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

I NOTICED THAT TOO! 
I’m thinking it played out like this:

(EDIT, I HAVE WATCHED THE FIRST 30 SECONDS OF THIS SO MANY TIMES AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY TIME I SEE IT. MY APOLOGIES FOR PAT WHATSHISNAME AT THE VERY BEGINNING. I REALLY RECOMMEND WATCHING IT ALL)

I had never seen this!

CHARLOTTE RAE: “Well, I know that Joan Collins is a b****. There’s no doubt about it. Everyone says she’s an extremely difficult person. . . . It’s a miracle that people still wanna work with her, but I guess they dooooo.”

JOAN COLLINS: (gasps) “Who is this old cow? . . . Okay, well I never heard of her, but . . .”

• Haha 1
7 hours ago, HoldenIsHere said:

Older shows that I own:

THE COMEBACK: I love Lisa Kudrow (and Valerie Cherish)

3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN

THE MARY TYLER MOORE SHOW: Probably my favorite TV comedy of all time

THE BRADY BUNCH

BEWITCHED

THE LUCY SHOW

I LOVE LUCY: Recently purchased the complete series

I'd already owned the complete Addams Family on disk after finding a cheap Wal-Mart set, but it's only thanks to PlutoTV's 24/7 channel that I've developed a taste for the Beverly Hillbillies.  😁

(Two perfect examples of the "Fools of Chelm" sitcom, where characters who rule their own isolated mansion/universe are happily untouchable by the corrupt outside world, and any who try to breach it live to regret their intrusion...)

There’s a new FEAR THY NEIGHBOR, watching it now. 
Looks good. 

both HULU and INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY Are terrible at promoting the show, they never send me alerts or let me know when a new episode or new season is out, and yet they constantly recommend DATELINE, JOE KENDA and (our favorite) PAULA ZAHN. 

I'm just catching up on this thread, way behind, but wanted to say I live in Ohio half way between Columbus and Cincinnati,  thought Jim Jordan was some sort of comic parody when I first heard him speak, but my son said he was real,  hated The Piano, love Fargo, own 3rd Rock, yes Julie Andrews looked particularly beautiful in that clip, and I thought I was the only person in the world who liked,  Fear Thy Neighbor!  Yes! Going to watch it right now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
5 hours ago, AndreaDoria said:

I'm just catching up on this thread, way behind, but wanted to say I live in Ohio half way between Columbus and Cincinnati,  thought Jim Jordan was some sort of comic parody when I first heard him speak, but my son said he was real,  hated The Piano, love Fargo, own 3rd Rock, yes Julie Andrews looked particularly beautiful in that clip, and I thought I was the only person in the world who liked,  Fear Thy Neighbor!  Yes! Going to watch it right now.

Well I never imagined that I had anything in common with Jim Jordan, but if he hated The Piano, I guess I do. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
9 hours ago, Swithin said:

Well I never imagined that I had anything in common with Jim Jordan, but if he hated The Piano, I guess I do. 😉

Heh!  I expect  he hates most movies because he has to sit down and shut up!

• Haha 3
On 4/23/2021 at 2:50 PM, AndreaDoria said:

I live in Ohio half way between Columbus and Cincinnati,  thought Jim Jordan was some sort of comic parody when I first heard him speak, but my son said he was real

If only he was  just a fictional comic character.

It's scary that he is real!

• Sad 1
On 4/22/2021 at 10:56 PM, LuckyDan said:

I binged that one on Tubi a couple of years ago. Very clever. 

The casting of William Shatner as the human form of the Big Giant Head on 3RD ROCK FROM THE SUN was a brilliant! 

On 4/23/2021 at 3:04 PM, LornaHansonForbes said:

There’s a new FEAR THY NEIGHBOR, watching it now. 
Looks good. 

both HULU and INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY Are terrible at promoting the show, they never send me alerts or let me know when a new episode or new season is out, and yet they constantly recommend DATELINE, JOE KENDA and (our favorite) PAULA ZAHN. 

HATE PAULA. Wont watch her show, but the network apparently loves her. she's been on probably 7 or 8 years now. Longer than any other show. I can't even remember Fear Thy Neighbor last week. Oh, I remember now. That was sad. Another old geezer losing it!.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Hibi said:

HATE PAULA. Wont watch her show, but the network apparently loves her. she's been on probably 7 or 8 years now. Longer than any other show. I can't even remember Fear Thy Neighbor last week. Oh, I remember now. That was sad. Another old geezer losing it!.

it was a surprise twist that he also (ultimately) killed the stepdaughter too. usually FEAR THEY NEIGHBOR manages to have a surprise gut-punch at the end.

spoiler sort of

NOTHING WILL BEAT THE UNCLE GETTING DRAGGED BY THE TRUCK ON HALLOWEEN FROM SEASON ONE(?) That was the one that got me HOOKED.

SERIOUSLY THO, HULU sorts all shows from INVESTIGATION DISCOVERYCHANNEL  INTO two categories, MOST POPULAR and RECOMMENDED FOR YOU (meaning me)

FEAR THEY NEIGHBOR is ALWAYS in the MOST POPULAR and never in the RECOMMENDED FOR YOU category, but ****Ing ZAHN and KENDA are all over the "Recommended for you" category and never in the "popular."

they also put KENDA and ZAHN in the SUGGESTED FOR YOU TV SHOWS on my HOME PAGE but NEVER ONCE HAVE THEY LET ME KNOW FEAR THEY NEIGHBOR IS ON OR BACK OR HAS A NEW SEASON EVEN THOUGH I HAVE RECORDED EPISODES OF IT.

it's frustrating.

19 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

it was a surprise twist that he also (ultimately) killed the stepdaughter too. usually FEAR THEY NEIGHBOR manages to have a surprise gut-punch at the end.

spoiler sort of

NOTHING WILL BEAT THE UNCLE GETTING DRAGGED BY THE TRUCK ON HALLOWEEN FROM SEASON ONE(?) That was the one that got me HOOKED.

I don't even remember that one! LOL.

18 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

SERIOUSLY THO, HULU sorts all shows from INVESTIGATION DISCOVERYCHANNEL  INTO two categories, MOST POPULAR and RECOMMENDED FOR YOU (meaning me)

FEAR THEY NEIGHBOR is ALWAYS in the MOST POPULAR and never in the RECOMMENDED FOR YOU category, but ****Ing ZAHN and KENDA are all over the "Recommended for you" category and never in the "popular."

they also put KENDA and ZAHN in the SUGGESTED FOR YOU TV SHOWS on my HOME PAGE but NEVER ONCE HAVE THEY LET ME KNOW FEAR THEY NEIGHBOR IS ON OR BACK OR HAS A NEW SEASON EVEN THOUGH I HAVE RECORDED EPISODES OF IT.

it's frustrating.

Very weird. Kenda is finally off, (never could stand him!) but I saw he was hosting something else recently. Can't get rid of these people! Yeah are constant commercials for Paula, but nothing for any of their other shows. She must own a piece of the network or something. The cases on her show are good, but I can't stand her as the host! You'd think she'd run out of cases. She had her 300th episode earlier this year.

Lorna, at one time you expressed the desire for this thread to go on like the old Blue Denim thread that departed far from the original topic. If so: I never lived in LA or NY or had any connection with the movie world, yet out there in the hinterland/flyover state world I would hear stories about certain movie stars being gay. I can't vouch for the truth of these stories, but I always tried to evaluate the teller as well as the tale. Some of the stories seemed plausible, and some of the stars involved (Tony Perkins, Rock Hudson) have long been outed. Shall I continue?

• Thanks 1

Well, well, well....he's back. I saw a promo for Kenda's new show on some streaming service. I recall

ID gave him a big send off for his final show. He said he was getting tired of doing it after all those

years. I guess someone waved a lot of green in front of his face. I liked Kenda, though I can understand

that for some folks a little of him went a long way. He did bring back chain smoking to TV. I always

got a kick of that episode when he was just starting out and all the old timers were making fun of him

because he was a college grad and then Joe College solved the murder.

FTN has a good one on now, The Night of the Razorbacks. 

• Thanks 1