Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone encountered movie actors/stars in their dreams/nightmares?

Herman Bricks

Has anyone encountered movie actors/stars in their dreams/nightmares? If so I'd like to read about the dreams that you've experienced. That might help me understand the dream I had early this morning, in which the following occurred. Sorry if the details are tedious, but I wanted to get everything down before I forget.

In the dream, I am living in San Francisco, inside a spacious house in which every room has bright, natural light and the walls are painted white. Martin Milner and another man are engaged in conversation, walk up some steps in a split-level room and pass by without looking at me. Mr. Milner (age approximately 40) is wearing a burnt orange-colored v-neck sweater, with a braided vertical texture. Underneath the sweater, a cream or light yellow shirt, top button open. Tan chinos, unpleated. Can't remember or didn't see his shoes. 

I walk around the house, and I see a lot of partially eaten food scattered around. A quarter of a brownie. A half and a quarter of a corn muffin. A plastic container with 5 pieces of sushi (spicy tuna roll). A half-full plastic tray with about 6 quartered sandwiches in oblong slices, with ripped plastic wrap partially clinging to the tray. The sandwiches were all slightly different-looking but I am not sure exactly what types of sandwiches they are. The fillings are light-colored so perhaps chicken, turkey. Maybe tuna. I feel badly about the mess.

Later in the dream, inside a different house or apartment, I am sitting across from Lainie Kazan (age approximately 45) and another woman. Ms Kazan is wearing a black jacket and pants, and a white blouse. Her jacket sleeves are short, and the blouse's cuffs are exposed and flap around when she moves her hands. She is wearing bracelets on both wrists. Her black handbag is on a coffee table between us, and the handles (white with gold metallic accents) point upwards rather than falling at the sides of the purse. In our conversation, Ms. Kazan talks about a house in which she used to reside. From her description, the house sounds exactly like the house above. I am wondering if it's the same house, so I tell her "I think I lived in that house". She asks me the address,  which I can't remember. Ms. Kazan offers some details about the house to help me remember.  She mentions that Bugsy Siegel used to live in this particular house. I picture scenes from the movie Bugsy and the interior of the house I picture is dark. The windows have dark curtains, the walls are dark, there is no natural light and the light fixtures are dim.

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

I have dreamed of actors a couple of times.

Once I dreamed I was at the Governor's ball, dressed to the nines in a very Cinderella type dress.  I was nervous and standing off to the side, sort of being your typical wall flower when out of no where, William Shatner is at my side, whispering in my ear that he would like to dance.  Of course I say yes (duh), and he leads me onto the floor, my gloved hand in his. We are gliding about, swaying to the music, making small chit chat. Of course I am star struck, stammering inane utterances, ending each question/sentence with Mr. Shatner.  What does he do then?  He looks down at me (which is weird because we all know William Shatner is sort of short and I am a tall girl), gives me a roguish grin and says "Call me Captain Kirk."  I promptly woke up.  To this day, watching Star Trek always reminds me of that dream, and I can't help smiling.  This dream is me obviously being a fan girl, because I confess, I am a huge fan of William Shatner and think the OS is the best.

The second time I dreamed of an actor was really weird and out of left field for me, as I am not a huge fan. I enjoy some of his movies but not to the extent of me being a "number one fan" type with him.  The dream starts with me being in a witness protection type of program, the feds having to move me around from place to place quiet often because this maniac is after me.  I don't know what it is per say that I saw him do, but I know he is "after me".   The locale switches a few times during the dream, from various city to city, all with me knowing the guy is closing in and watching me nonstop.  It's like the police can't keep me safe, and I can always feel his eyes on me.  Finally they put me in this home over looking Lake Tahoe.  So beautiful and I am actually feeling relieved, because the agents assure me the maniac will never find me here.  I remember being out on the deck, overlooking the water, moonlight streaming down. - quite idyllic and peaceful.  I breathe a sigh of relief and go inside my bedroom, unzipping a huge leather duffle bag with my belongings.  As I slowly pull the zipper down, I hear this man's voice streaming out, getting louder and louder.  It's the maniac, who by the way just happens to be none other than James Woods, circa the mid-80s.   Yep, that's right.  James Woods was my stalker maniac.  Seeing him in the duffle bag, with my subconscious mind focusing in on his mouth moving while he was talking scared the life out of me for some reason, promptly causing me to wake up.  To this day each time I see  him, no matter the circumstance I think of him stalking me in my nightmare.  Don't ask me why I had a dream about him, I couldn't being to tell you why.  As I said, he is not a super fave of mine, nor had I watched him on anything recently. 

Weird how the mind works huh? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Herman Bricks said:

Has anyone encountered movie actors/stars in their dreams/nightmares? If so I'd like to read about the dreams that you've experienced. That might help me understand the dream I had early this morning, in which the following occurred. Sorry if the details are tedious, but I wanted to get everything down before I forget.

In the dream, I am living in San Francisco, inside a spacious house in which every room has bright, natural light and the walls are painted white. Martin Milner and another man are engaged in conversation, walk up some steps in a split-level room and pass by without looking at me. Mr. Milner (age approximately 40) is wearing a burnt orange-colored v-neck sweater, with a braided vertical texture. Underneath the sweater, a cream or light yellow shirt, top button open. Tan chinos, unpleated. Can't remember or didn't see his shoes. 

I walk around the house, and I see a lot of partially eaten food scattered around. A quarter of a brownie. A half and a quarter of a corn muffin. A plastic container with 5 pieces of sushi (spicy tuna roll). A half-full plastic tray with about 6 quartered sandwiches in oblong slices, with ripped plastic wrap partially clinging to the tray. The sandwiches were all slightly different-looking but I am not sure exactly what types of sandwiches they are. The fillings are light-colored so perhaps chicken, turkey. Maybe tuna. I feel badly about the mess.

Later in the dream, inside a different house or apartment, I am sitting across from Lainie Kazan (age approximately 45) and another woman. Ms Kazan is wearing a black jacket and pants, and a white blouse. Her jacket sleeves are short, and the blouse's cuffs are exposed and flap around when she moves her hands. She is wearing bracelets on both wrists. Her black handbag is on a coffee table between us, and the handles (white with gold metallic accents) point upwards rather than falling at the sides of the purse. In our conversation, Ms. Kazan talks about a house in which she used to reside. From her description, the house sounds exactly like the house above. I am wondering if it's the same house, so I tell her "I think I lived in that house". She asks me the address,  which I can't remember. Ms. Kazan offers some details about the house to help me remember.  She mentions that Bugsy Siegel used to live in this particular house. I picture scenes from the movie Bugsy and the interior of the house I picture is dark. The windows have dark curtains, the walls are dark, there is no natural light and the light fixtures are dim.

Thanks for reading!

Well.. im not sure if this counts.. ... but i dreampt (sp ,lol) about the Three Musketeers once..

They were in my house... lol

Aside from that.. ... i dont really remember much else about the dream..

🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Lol

Not a movie star but when I was a kid in the ‘70s, I had a crush on tennis star Chris Evert. I had a dream where I somehow found myself in her house. She wasn’t there - in fact, no one was there and I didn’t know how or why I was there. I knew I would be in big trouble if I were caught so I headed for the door. Before exiting, I noticed her phone on a table. This was the 70’s so it was a rotary dial phone like we all had. If you remember these phones, they often had the phone number printed in the center of the rotary dial. I made it a point to memorize the number so I could call her later. Sadly the dream ended there and to this day I‘ve never called Chris Evert.

• Like 1

Over the years, Ava Gardner had been in a few of my dreams.

(...however, I have a feeling that if I'd go into any more detail about those dreams, the moderators around here might not like it, and so I won't)  ;)

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, uncle charlie said:

Not a movie star but when I was a kid in the ‘70s, I had a crush on tennis star Chris Evert. I had a dream where I somehow found myself in her house. She wasn’t there - in fact, no one was there and I didn’t know how or why I was there. I knew I would be in big trouble if I were caught so I headed for the door. Before exiting, I noticed her phone on a table. This was the 70’s so it was a rotary dial phone like we all had. If you remember these phones, they often had the phone number printed in the center of the rotary dial. I made it a point to memorize the number so I could call her later. Sadly the dream ended there and to this day I‘ve never called Chris Evert.

Chris Evert's loss, for sure!

Wasn't an actor but an object., during the late 1960's when I was 12 had the weirdest bizarre dream at the time.

Saw this moving through a dark swamp, woke up thinking WHAT in the heck was that!!?? :o

macriciox-imperial-walker-f1-v7-comp-04.

Can understand why ancient prophets had dreams of future events they absolutely can't normally explain but were force to use symbolism  of their time.  How does the brain do that???

Example....Swarms of "locust with metal breastplates".  :huh:

shutterstock_709014991-740x493.jpg

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hamradio said:

Wasn't an actor but an object., during the late 1960's when I was 12 had the weirdest bizarre dream at the time.

Saw this moving through a dark swamp, woke up thinking WHAT in the heck was that!!?? :o

Can understand why ancient prophets had dreams of future events they absolutely can't normally explain but were force to use symbolism  of their time.  How does the brain do that???

Well, if ya wanna go here then ham, I've had a few dreams where I'm in some big city (don't think it was Tokyo) and I'm running from street to street and from building to building and away Godzilla's wrath.

(...and decidedly UNLIKE those aforementioned dreams that involved Ava Gardner) 

Last night I dreamed Cybill Shepherd needed to get into the bathroom.  It was a really short dream - that was about it.  I woke up immediately after this to find that I had fallen asleep while The Last Picture Show was playing.

Never in a dream , but over the years  several folks like, JOEY HEATHERTON,   TUESDAY WELD,  LINDA EVANS,  GLYNNIS O'CONNOR,  DONNA MILLS,  ADRIENNE  BARBEAU,  PAM GRIER,

LOLA FALANA and many others have permeated  many a DAYDREAM of mine!  ;) 

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

Well, if ya wanna go here then ham, I've had a few dreams where I'm in some big city (don't think it was Tokyo) and I'm running from street to street and from building to building and away Godzilla's wrath.

(...and decidedly UNLIKE those aforementioned dreams that involved Ava Gardner) 

Yeh, those are the dreams in which Ava's running away from you.

• Haha 1

I had a dream in which I left Sophia Loren crying because I had to leave her.

"My little hot bambino," she cried out, "I'll kill myself if I don't see you again!"

"Oh, Sophia, stop being  such a drama queen," I told her, "You'll get over me . . .  some day."

I hated to break her big Italian heart, but, what the heck, I knew it was time for me to start dreaming about Claudia Cardinale.

I'm a hit and run kind of dream guy.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

I believe that is the basis of: The Spaceships of Ezekiel (1974) by Josef F. Blumrich. He worked at: NASA and wished to disprove the hypothesis that Ezekiel's vision described a spacecraft. His research convinced him otherwise. 

00F2BmW.jpg

Most of his conclusions are fuzzy and much of his engineering fudged fanciful but the concept is tantalizing. 

I have had no significant dreams concerning movie stars.

I did see a picture of a frequent poster to this forum and I soon dreamt that I was looking at him from a distance. The dream was odd because my vision was limited to a tight circle and there were horizontal and vertical diameters in red. The distance was one-hundred-and-fifty yards and there was no wind. 

I am sure it meant nothing.

7 hours ago, SansFin said:

I believe that is the basis of: The Spaceships of Ezekiel (1974) by Josef F. Blumrich. He worked at: NASA and wished to disprove the hypothesis that Ezekiel's vision described a spacecraft. His research convinced him otherwise. 

00F2BmW.jpg

Most of his conclusions are fuzzy and much of his engineering fudged fanciful but the concept is tantalizing. 

That looks like a large ever spinning top? :lol::P

51uvscuhh4L._AC_SX425_.jpg

This is the latest sci fi's interpretation of the spacecraft.  

I once dreamt very vividly of Marilyn Monroe. Nothing salacious, mind you    .  we were at a party or something and i couldn't believe that she was even talking to me.  She was so nice. This was a long time ago, not even sure that there was anything beyond that. I woke up amazed. Not a dramatic dream but they don't have to be. That dream stayed with me for awhile. The Marilyn in my dream will always be MY Marilyn.

I have even dreamt about posters here. Not many times, but some. I won't mention names. It was less about, "I dreamed about this person," as in this person attracted me in any special way, rather simply that the person merely peopled a dream that was about something entirely different. A supporting entity, if you will.

8 hours ago, Millenniumman said:

In my dreams I am the star.

BUT, are you ALSO an overfeed, long-haired leaping gnome like Eric Burdon was when HE'S the star of his dream movies, Millenniumman???

(...just tryin' to get a clearer picture of this whole thing here, ya see)  ;)

I've been binge watching the original Magnum PI and a few months back I had the best dream about my hearthrob Tom Selleck ( he's 37 years old and gorgeous in the show and in my dream). In my dream, we're sharing a very intimate encounter, don't need to elaborate, use your imagination. LOL

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

I've been binge watching the original Magnum PI and a few months back I had the best dream about my hearthrob Tom Selleck ( he's 37 years old and gorgeous in the show and in my dream). In my dream, we're sharing a very intimate encounter, don't need to elaborate, use your imagination. LOL

Did he try to sell you a reverse mortgage loan? 😃

• Haha 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings