Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking at the TCM Film Festival FAQs, it doesn't really say what will be part of the "Club TCM" zooming yet:  

Do I need a Zoom account to participate in the Club TCM events?

"Yes. If you do not already have an account, you can sign up for a free account by visit zoom.us/signup and entering your birthdate and email address. You will then receive an email from Zoom (no-reply@zoom.us). In this email, click Activate Account."

"Once we announce the event line up, you will be able to sign up for the events you wish to attend. After signing up, you will receive an email with the Zoom link."

"The Club TCM events have a limited capacity and spots will be allotted on a first come, first serve basis. Once all spots have been taken, the event will no longer allow new attendees to register."

Alright.  Thanks Peebs.  I’m watching my. email too.  When I receive all the info about all the events.  I’ll see what I can do.  See you there virtually.  I’m really looking forward to this Virtual TCM Classic Film Festival a whole lot.  I can’t wait.  It will be a blast.  How about you?

• Thanks 1
On 4/26/2021 at 2:11 PM, David Guercio said:

Alright.  Thanks Peebs.  I’m watching my. email too.  When I receive all the info about all the events.  I’ll see what I can do.  See you there virtually.  I’m really looking forward to this Virtual TCM Classic Film Festival a whole lot.  I can’t wait.  It will be a blast.  How about you?

Just saw this on FB.  Looks like you can start registering for events. 

Here's the link:

Club TCM - TCM Classic Film Festival 2021

MEET TCM

Wednesday, May 5 at 6:00PM ET

Looking for some insight into the TCM network, how it is produced and what is on the horizon? Join the conversations and get caught up on all things TCM with the members of the network’s leadership team.

OPENING NIGHT TOAST WITH THE HOSTS

Thursday, May 6 at 6:00PM ET

Join TCM hosts Ben Mankiewicz, Alicia Malone, Jacqueline Stewart, Dave Karger and Eddie Muller to kick off the Festival as they sip cocktails, swap stories and answer your burning questions.

CURATING THE CLASSICS

Friday, May 7 at 6:00PM ET

Join TCM host Eddie Muller and members of the TCM programming team as they give you a peek behind the curtain at how TCM movie magic is made.

SIGHT AND SOUND MAKERS: A CHAT WITH BEN BURTT & CRAIG BARRON

Saturday, May 8 at 6:00PM ET

Oscar-winning sound designer Ben Burtt (Star Wars: Episode IV – A New Hope, Raiders of the Lost Ark, E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial) and Oscar-winning visual effects artist Craig Barron (The Empire Strikes Back, Zodiac, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) will join you for a live Q&A session to answer your questions about their work, like the sounds Burtt created in your iPhone or how Barron made 1970s San Francisco come to life in the film Zodiac. They will also talk about their special presentation: Jet Jockeys in Love: The Making of Chain Lightning, available for streaming on HBO Max beginning on May 6, 2021.

SHE MAY BE A MOVIE STAR, BUT SHE’S JUST MOM TO ME

Sunday, May 9 at 3:00PM ET

Celebrate Mother’s Day with TCM as we invite Amy Stiller (daughter of Anne Meara), Carlo Ponti Jr. (son of Sophia Loren) and Victoria Riskin (daughter of Fay Wray) to talk about what day-to-day life was like with their beloved and very famous moms.

Alright.  I’m registered for everything and all ready to go.  Down below where it says.  Click this link to join?  Do you actually click the link or are you all set when it says your registration’s a success?

14 hours ago, David Guercio said:

Alright.  I’m registered for everything and all ready to go.  Down below where it says.  Click this link to join?  Do you actually click the link or are you all set when it says your registration’s a success?

I haven't registered myself but it sounds like if it says your registration is a success that you are all set.  I hope you enjoy the TOM Club; you'll have to post what you thought after attending.  

Alright.  I’m all set.  See you all at the 2021 Classic Film Festival virtually.  I can’t wait and do you need the Zoom app for the Club TCM zooms?  Just in case.  I’ve got it downloaded here on my IPad.

On 4/28/2021 at 2:00 PM, David Guercio said:

Yep.  I sure will and the zooms will also work on an ipad right?  I think so.  I’m just asking just to be sure.

1 hour ago, David Guercio said:

Alright.  I’m all set.  See you all at the 2021 Classic Film Festival virtually.  I can’t wait and do you need the Zoom app for the Club TCM zooms?  Just in case.  I’ve got it downloaded here on my IPad.

I would say yes to both: Yes, Zoom should work on your iPad and yes, you'll need the Zoom app which sound like you have.  Sounds like you are ready.  Certainly post your review after attending.   Hope you enjoy it, David.  :)

• 2 weeks later...

I was sorry to miss the Meet TCM and Curating the Classics Zooms. Were there any especially noteworthy revelations or insights?

I just missed the final Club TCM zoom.  I thought it was at 3:00.  Like it’s been all week/weekend.  But it was at noon.  Is there a way I could still see it sometime?  I feel so bad.

• 2 weeks later...