Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Cat On A hot Tin Roof

Millenniumman

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Not trying to make assumptions here, but would a black cast and black audience accept the idea of Brick being on the "downlow"? 

Sepiatone

Maybe that'll be one of the plot lines changed in the film.....

3 hours ago, Millenniumman said:

Director Antoine Fuqua remaking Cat On A Hot Tin Roof with an all black cast, Not trying to start anything but the black man says no I'm interested in hearing your opinions.

Is that his real name???? I'd CHANGE it!!!!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

This is one I can't wait to not see.

I'll wait for the all Hispanic cast version or the all gay or Transgender remake.  :rolleyes:  Can't wait to see how the latter two handle the Brick character.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I'll wait for the all Hispanic cast version or the all gay or Transgender remake.  :rolleyes:  Can't wait to see how the latter two handle the Brick character.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Well as long as straight actors aren't hired to play gay/trans/etc.....that would just be so wrong....

Me, I'm holding out for the kiddy version where all the actors are preteens. Can't wait to see which little tart gets the Maggie the Cat roll! 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

"dag nabbit! I've had it! I want all the freeloaders outta my house!...all except for Goober!

Brick don't stop boozin' his big brother gets the whole deal!"

Image gallery for Cat on a Hot Tin Roof - FilmAffinity

Beige must've been a popular color in the 1950s.

Apropos of all-black casts, I saw Pearl Bailey and Cab Calloway in Hello, Dolly! in her roadshow.  Even though I was way too young to fully appreciate it, I was still blown away by her performance.  I can't imagine anyone doing as good in the role.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 5:00 PM, CinemaInternational said:

There was an all-Black revival of Cat on Broadway around 2008. I have an internet friend who went to that version and he said that it didn't quite come off, That said he liked seeing James Earl Jones as Big Daddy saying that when he made his first entrance, the audience went crazy.

I thought it was pretty good. Anika Noni Rose as Maggie was brilliant.

Cat3650.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable

1 hour ago, slaytonf said:

Apropos of all-black casts, I saw Pearl Bailey and Cab Calloway in Hello, Dolly! in her roadshow.  Even though I was way too young to fully appreciate it, I was still blown away by her performance.  I can't imagine anyone doing as good in the role.

I saw that production and thought it was great. At the curtain call, Pearl Bailey came out and made a very odd speech. We didn't know what she was talking about. She made some reference to something happening, and the cast wasn't sure what to do. My friend and I -- we were teenagers -- went to the stage door to get her autograph, and she told us that during the show that evening, the cast found out that Martin Luther King Jr. had just been shot.

• Like 1

I saw a production of Death of a Salesman at the Young Vic in London a couple of years ago. The Loman family was black. It was a wonderful production, with Wendell Pierce, Sharon D. Clarke, and Arinze Kene. They added some spirituals for mood, and it totally worked.

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2019/may/10/death-of-a-salesman-review-young-vic-wendell-pierce-sharon-d-clarke

• Like 1

21 hours ago, slaytonf said:

A muppet version.  Guess the cast.

I'd be stumped because I know very little about the Muppets. I was thinking more along the lines

of a Beckettian cat version. Two felines who can't decide whether or not to go on the hot tin

roof while waiting for a third cat to come. 

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings