Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How low do you think the ratings of this weekend's OSCARCAST are going to be?

So I just rolled over and woke up, haven’t checked the news yet, but you know what would be funny?

If the Academy bent over bass Ackwards to include minority actors in far-left entries, in the process alienating more traditional viewers and mainstream viewers....

AND THEN, They rearrange the show at great risk and bet everything on the very last award, and in that process did some thing so nuts that it ended up likely Re-alienating and burning bridges FOREVER with all the new viewers that they had bent over bass Ackwards to attract, like FOREVER FOREVER. 

Something nuts like not giving it to a BELOVED, downright deified Black Actor, Maybe even one with an iconic superhero role that makes him even more BELOVED and DEIFIED than your average actor, oh and also he’s DEAD- And instead giving it to an 83-year-old white guy from Wales who already has an Oscar.

But there’s absolutely no way on earth they would do something that ****ing stupid right?

Oh well, off to check the news, wonder what happened last night.

• Haha 2

Also, I just watched the clip of Hopkins’s speech, and whoever did the captioning on it spelled “Wales” as “Whales,” so way to also casually **** off the Welsh just for funsies and as an aside, Academy. 

9 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Also, I just watched the clip of Hopkins’s speech, and whoever did the captioning on it spelled “Wales” as “Whales,” so way to also casually **** off the Welsh just for funsies as an aside, Academy. 

Oceanographers and Geographers alike probably lost their lunches on that kind of gaffe...and rightly so!  We are doomed as a people.

• Thanks 1

The program was designed to conclude on a sure-fire, uplifting, emotionally charged, spiritual, feel good, self-congratulatory note, but instead ended with "The Whales of August. "

• Haha 4
1 hour ago, Roy Cronin said:

The program was designed to conclude on a sure-fire, uplifting, emotionally charged, spiritual, feel good, self-congratulatory note, but instead ended with "The Whales of August. "

YES.

and get mad if you want, because I mean no disrespect to either SIR ANTHONY or the late Mr. BOSEMAN and saw neither one of their movies. but with that said, when it came to the latter's status as a SURE FIRE THING for THE BEST ACTOR SLOT, all I had to say on the matter heretofore was pretty much:

i've often thought that a brilliant premise for a comedy was for someone to win a surprise MAJOR AWARD over a POSTHOMOUS SHOO-IN and have to deal with the SUBSEQUENT OUTRAGE, FUROR and fall out- none of which did they ask for.

Can you IMAGINE being SIR ANTHONY, blessedly asleep at 4:00 atop a pile of money in his seaside castle in beautiful Gggfflllynnnddnfflllyyynnnnnnnorrr, Wales and being SHAKEN AWAKE by an assistant and told he has to pull a JOAN CRAWFORD before ALL THE WORLD out in some field in about ten minutes???????

and at 83 too!!

• Haha 3

SIR ANTHONY

COME AGAIN NOW?

SECOND ASSITANT

You've won Sir.

SIR ANTHONY

WON? WON WHAT?

SECOND ASSITANT

The Oscar, Sir. For Best Actor. You've won it.

SIR ANTHONY

NO!

SECOND ASSISTANT

Yes, Sir.

SIR ANTHONY

NO!

SECOND ASSISTANT

YES, Sir, they've called and they want you to make an acceptance speech on video.

SIR ANTHONY

GOD****IT!!! I didn't ASK for this BULL****!

Like I do every year, I went to bed after the "In Memoriam" segment. I saw what went down with Chadwick Boseman this morning, and I was glad I went to bed when I did. The speeches in general dragged on and on, and I caught myself zoning in and out several times. I can't even tell you how many times I glanced at the clock.

Did anyone watch the "In Memoriam" segment last night? The names on the screen zipped by so fast it seemed like I was on a roller coaster ride.

Once again, we have an Oscar nominee who was omitted - Stuart Whitman. That wasn't as awful as when Oscar nominee Robert Vaughn was left out several years ago. (I will never get over that one.) Tanya Roberts, Robert Conrad, Orson Bean, and Jessica Walter were also left out.

On a positive note, I like the prerecorded song chosen for the segment.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, jinsinna13 said:

Like I do every year, I went to bed after the "In Memoriam" segment. I saw what went down with Chadwick Boseman this morning, and I was glad I went to bed when I did. The speeches in general dragged on and on, and I caught myself zoning in and out several times. I can't even tell you how many times I glanced at the clock.

Did anyone watch the "In Memoriam" segment last night? The names on the screen zipped by so fast it seemed like I was on a roller coaster ride.

Once again, we have an Oscar nominee who was omitted - Stuart Whitman. That wasn't as awful as when Oscar nominee Robert Vaughn was left out several years ago. (I will never get over than one.) Tanya Roberts, Robert Conrad, Orson Bean, and Jessica Walter were also left out.

On a positive note, I like the prerecorded song chosen for the segment.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/eleanorbate/oscars-2021-memoriam-criticism-naya-rivera-jessica-walter?origin=web-hf

I watched a little, recorded the rest. Then FF'd later. All I can say is FRANCES MCDORMAND AGAIN?????? 3 times now! I guess the 2 black actresses cancelled each other out. And Boseman not winning was a huge upset. Have seen neither performance, but he won all the previous awards and thought he was a shoo in. Glenn losing was a foregone conclusion A weird looking show. Why couldnt they just SAY the nominees without all the pretentious lead ins? (Laura Dern). A weird show (what I saw) and am sure the ratings will be in the basement!!!

• Like 2
18 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i really really hope GLENN wears something simple and not, you know, THIS again:

See the source image

You know she REALLY thought she'd win that year by the gown. LOL! Another awful look THIS YEAR! :D

5 minutes ago, Hibi said:

You know she REALLY thought she'd win that year by the gown. LOL! Another awful look THIS YEAR! :D

NOT LOOKING TO DUMP ON GLENN, but her look this year was about as bad.

it was like a simultaneous fashion tribute to BARBARA BUSH and HILLARY CLINTON.

• Haha 2

Hopkins winning best actor was one of those few sensible moments during the whole dam touchy-feely woke inclusive HS programme.

Hopkins in the past has earned special distinction again and again.

I am proud he is now an american citizen.

:)

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Roy Cronin said:

She's better off having the actress record of most nominations, no win.  Tied with O'Toole for most acting nom losses.

Being a loser can be fun and rewarding. 

she's certainly walked off with the night with her (apparently scripted) tribute to (DOIN) DA BUTT (SEXY SEXY.)

2 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

Hopkins winning best actor was one of those few sensible moments during the whole dam touchy-feely woke inclusive HS programme.

Hopkins in the past has earned special distinction again and again.

I am proud he is now an american citizen.

:)

He's a dual citizen.

He's also pretty touch-feely himself.  He's a member of Greenpeace.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i really really hope GLENN wears something simple and not, you know, THIS again:

See the source image

How could you go to the can in that thing?????

• Haha 1