Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How low do you think the ratings of this weekend's OSCARCAST are going to be?

6 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Hands down, the high point of the telecast was...

that is a hopelessly clueless elitist expression of what most hollywood hoy-faloys think of anglo-americans.

and the people out there wonder what the communication problem is.

it mostly lies with them and their hateful dismissive attitude torwards older americans of faith.

why should we bite on their poisonous apple?

12 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

that is a hopelessly clueless elitist expression of what most hollywood hoy-faloys think of anglo-americans.

it mostly lies with them and their hateful dismissive attitude torwards older americans of faith.

Hmmm..."americans of faith" and "poisonous apple", eh?!

Yeah, that's IT!

Maybe if Tyler JUST would've included a Bible quote or two in his speech, maybe he'd had won YOU and whole lot more "americans of faith" over TOO, eh Nip ol' boy???  ;)

(...nah, probably still not, huh...nope, it seems "hate" isn't just confined to those in this country and around the world who have no faith, huh)

• Haha 2

Not trying to be snarky, but what has Perry done to deserve this award? Has he donated to charity or what? Maybe he'll stop making Madea movies after this??? (I didnt watch that part, but recorded it). Just curious.

12 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Not trying to be snarky, but what has Perry done to deserve this award? Has he donated to charity or what? Maybe he'll stop making Madea movies after this??? (I didnt watch that part, but recorded it). Just curious.

There was a short video presented before he received the award and it showed the many charitable acts he's organized, operated and funded over the years in his native Atlanta.

(...I wasn't aware of them either, but my wife said she had heard of them)

• Thanks 4

I didn't watch because I've only seen two or three movies made after 2013.   So.....

Did the people and movie that deserved to win actually win?

Or was it the "same old, same old"?  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

What the...?  I didn't hear anything even remotely close to that.  Are you reacting such because TYLER PERRY is black?  What's wrong with him relating his own memories and experience?   I heard TYLER PERRY speak repeatedly about REFUSING TO HATE... he REFUSES to hate... Asian, white, black, a cop, LGBTQ...?  What could possibly be wrong with that? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, NipkowDisc said:

I don’t follow this guys career, he might be a super guy.  He pledges to not hate based on skin color. Ok....as opposed to what? 

There’s a whole generation of us that were raised on the concept skin color is nothing but a descriptive characteristic being on par with hair/eye color, height, weight and other innocuous physical traits.  

I’m reminded of a notorious Chris Rock bit from Bring the Pain about those that think they deserve extra kudos for things they are supposed to do. “I’m a good father, I feed my kids!”

11 minutes ago, filmnoirguy said:

Nielsen just released TV ratings for 2021 Oscarcast.  It was watched by a mere 9.85 million with a dismal rating of 1.9 in the 18 to 49 age group.

1. Thank you very much!

and

2. DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN, THAT burns!!!!!!

• Haha 2
13 minutes ago, filmnoirguy said:

Nielsen just released TV ratings for 2021 Oscarcast.  It was watched by a mere 9.85 million with a dismal rating of 1.9 in the 18 to 49 age group.

Yeah. This was expected. Their low 12 million was trying to manage expectations, probably based on a similar 60% drop the Golden Globes experienced. And I’ll bet they don’t care. It’s obvious they are now only interested in preaching to the choir. 

20 minutes ago, filmnoirguy said:

LMREO!!!! Scraping bottom!

3 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

Yeah. This was expected. Their low 12 million was trying to manage expectations, probably based on a similar 60% drop the Golden Globes experienced. And I’ll bet they don’t care. It’s obvious they are now only interested in preaching to the choir. 

Am sure their sponsors will care. They aren't going to pay top dollar to sponsor a low rated program.....

Just now, Hibi said:

AND???? Drumroll, please!!

I GUESS I PLACED THE QUOTE CONFUSINGLY, CINEMAINTERNATIONAL GUESSED 9.8 MILLION, ONLY 300,000 OFF. THE REST OF US MADE ESTIMATES THAT WERE WAY TOO HIGH.

12 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I GUESS I PLACED THE QUOTE CONFUSINGLY, CINEMAINTERNATIONAL GUESSED 9.8 MILLION, ONLY 300,000 OFF. THE REST OF US MADE ESTIMATES THAT WERE WAY TOO HIGH.

LOL. Good job! What does he win?

11 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

just to reiterate: HOLY ****, THOSE NUMBERS ARE BAD!

Will ad rates go down next year? LOL.

12 minutes ago, Hibi said:

Am sure their sponsors will care. They aren't going to pay top dollar to sponsor a low rated program.....

Not sure about the sponsors, at least the corps that are trying to outwoke each other. But there are a whole lot more folks that just want to work and don’t care either way on the BS politics. Unfortunately the top dogs don’t care, yet. 

14 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

The closest without going over.