Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

They Teamed Only Once and Should Have Teamed Again.

Bob Hope and Bing Crosby had really nice chemistry in Road to Singapore. It's a  shame they couldn't have . . .

Oh, wait.

Never mind.

• Haha 6
7 minutes ago, TomJH said:

Bob Hope and Bing Crosby had really nice chemistry in Road to Singapore. It's a  shame they couldn't have . . .

Oh, wait.

Never mind.

Okay Tom, and now if THIS one gets any more responses from the assembled here than that earlier one of mine featuring the leggy and sultry as hell Tracy Reed in a bikini with George C. Scott from Dr. Strangelove, I'll KNOW there's somethin' amiss goin' on around here!

;)

LOL

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Okay Tom, and now if THIS one gets any more responses from the assembled here than that earlier one of mine featuring the leggy and sultry as hell Tracy Reed in a bikini with George C. Scott from Dr. Strangelove, I'll KNOW there's somethin' amiss goin' on around here!

;)

LOL

If that joke of mine doesn't get a reaction, maybe I'll have to write something "profoundly intelligent" in order to get a laugh from someone. That's me, Dargo. I'll get 'em anyway I can.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Allhallowsday said:

No one mentioned WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE? 

Joan-Crawford-Bette-Davis-What-Ever-Happ

They almost did pair up in "Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte" three years later.  But Joan Crawford bowed out  "due to illness (rumor was that they couldn't get along) so Olivia de Havilland took over the role. 

• Like 1

Jean Harlow and Cary Grant. They appeared together in "Suzy" a WWI melodrama. Hal Roach wanted Jean Harlow as Marian Kirby in "Topper" but she was unavailable and soon thereafter died.  Constance Bennett did a great job in the role but personally I think Jean would have been funnier. It's a shame that Cary and Jean never appeared in a screwball comedy together. 

• Like 3
On 4/27/2021 at 6:49 AM, lydecker said:

Speaking of James Stewart, I've always said that the "Best Couple" in The Philadelphia Story was Cary Grant & James Stewart (their scene together when drunk Jimmy shows up on Cary's doorstep is magic!) and I would have loved to see those two together in more films.   They had great chemistry.

I came on this thread to mention this exact pairing. They are great every time they talk together, from the office scene at the beginning to the end - "that's between you and your grandmother!" - exchange.

• Like 1

Every December I watch WHITE CHRISTMAS and wish Danny Kaye and Bing Crosby made more movies together. I think they are just great! "Let's just say we're doing it for an old pal in the army!"

And speaking of WHITE CHRISTMAS, Bing & Rosemary Clooney should have made more movies together -- their voices blend so well!

White-Christmas-4.jpg

• Like 3

I'd be interested in a rematch with Gable and Leigh...but later, when they had managed distance from their first pairing.

ee2a56e2d76d58a370b73666e88e58c2--vivien-leigh-clark-gable.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Leighcat said:

I'd be interested in a rematch with Gable and Leigh...but later, when they had managed distance from their first pairing.

Probably a sequel, with them playing those well-known characters again, would have been the best bet...since it would have guaranteed the most box office revenue.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, LonesomePolecat said:

Bing & Rosemary Clooney should have made more movies together -- their voices blend so well!

Not a fan of that movie (though I love MARY WICKES in it) but one thing's for sure - BING and ROSEMARY were superb singers! 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Leighcat said:

ee2a56e2d76d58a370b73666e88e58c2--vivien-leigh-clark-gable.jpg

Yeah, this would've been nice. I agree.

AND, maybe by that time Vivien might've even forgotten about what she said turned her off about him during the GWTW shoot.

(...his halitosis) 

LOL

• Haha 1

William Powell (who is one of my most favs) AND Clark Gable (another of my favs) only did one movie together but their co-star Myrna Loy the both of them done several movies with.

It would have been nice to see those two in more than just one movie

trio.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, yeasandi said:

William Powell (who is one of my most favs) AND Clark Gable (another of my favs) only did one movie together but their co-star Myrna Loy the both of them done several movies with.

It would have been nice to see those two in more than just one movie

trio.jpg

Gable & Powell were great together.  Wish they had done a few more films as a team . . . 

• Like 1

Bugs Bunny and Beaky Buzzard only made one cartoon together, Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid, and they were a memorable teaming.

YARN | You naughty boy. | Looney Tunes Golden Collection: Volume 1 - S01E42  Bugs Bunny Gets the Boid | Video gifs by quotes | 93434147 | 紗

Beaky, as he later came to be known, is actually called "Killer" by his Italian sounding Mama in this one. He has a slooooow talkin' Mortimer Snerd-like voice, an Adam's apple the size of a small baseball and he's not the brightest buzzard in the world. Truth is, you knew from the beginning that it would be a particularly one sided duel of wits in this one between Beaky and Bugs but it's fun to watch them together in this Robert Clampett directed effort.

Beaky , unfortunately, only appeared in, I believe, four cartoons for Warners. His voice artist was killed in a naval training accident during the making of a second Beaky cartoon, The Bashful Buzzard (minus Bugs). Clampett then left Warners, and Beaky would only be brought back for two more cartoons. Beaky made quite an impression upon me as a kid and I recall doing Beaky voice impersonations for anyone who would care to listen.

But Beaky's most memorable cartoon effort was the first when paired with the wise cracking rabbit. They were a fun pairing and I wish there could have been more of them.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, skimpole said:

Remind me: is there another movie where Michael Caine and Sean Connery appeared in before or after The Man who would be King?

Ah, that made me think of another great team who I believe only did one film together:  Harrison Ford & Sean Connery.  I would have killed to see Indy & Dad in another film.

There are several stars that looked good on screen and should have worked together more than once.

Ann Miller and Tommy Rall - I said this before, if they would have teamed them in some of those lame musicals, they would livened them up quite a bit.

Sidney Poitier and Diahann Carroll - Paris Blues

Leslie Caron and Louis Jordan - What a wonderful couple they made in Gigi, they could have been a great team.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, skimpole said:

Are there any other Clint Eastwood/Richard Burton movies?  They work surprisingly well in Where Eagles Dare. 

Well, they certainly worked well together in killing a whole bunch of nazis in that flick, anyway!  ;)

• 5 weeks later...