Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Walk on the Noir Side

rohanaka

SPOILED PHANTOM LADY

I thought Phantom Lady was deeper, more complex, and had a dark underside hinted at. Interesting how two people can see these movies quite differently. I thought the Killers was kind of simple, an open book, though it had more twists and more of an edge. I wasn't as interested in the twists. I wanted more character. This one had character.

Phantom Lady is about freeing a wrongly-accused guy. Is The Killers about finding the killer of the Swede? I can't remember. It seems like more secrets are uncovered in The Killers. The twists are many. I find all of that to be more complex and a much more demanding watch. With Phantom Lady, it's mostly about getting someone to fess up via connect-the-dots. Finally, a hat designer and Ann do so. But, in the end, all of that turns out to be unnecessary. That was unfulfilling to me.

There was a stronger edge to The Killers. It's a cruel film. Lots of messed up people. And I do think our sensibilities come into play with that. I prefer film noir to be dark more so than light.

Regis Toomey was amazing - I have NEVER seen him so .... creepy! This ain't no Meet John Doe!

Loved his, "you can't go wrong with vanilla."

The old Mexican stand-off!

In The Killers, everyone is exactly how they appear at the beginning. You think they will change, but they really don't. That left me with no real suspense. I think that Phantom Lady is more interesting because the characters keep slipping into new forms. You're never sure how someone will end up. Alan Curtis ends up nicer than you expect. He started out appearing to be a callow playboy husband fooling around on the sly, then he was the cuckholded husband, just trying to find some companionship, then the innocent suspect of a brutal crime. All the changes came about naturally, through our getting to know the character better.... Siodmak is telling us that things are not always what they seem. Curtis could go either way at any time, right up to the end. Even then, is he really going to marry Ella? I was left with some niggling doubt, because things had been switched up so many times...maybe he would revert to type and end up as the callow playboy without a care in the world. And Ella would be back behind the desk, watching mutely as her love walked out with another woman.

The police chief is at one and the same time more helpful and less helpful than I thought he would be. What was he? There is doubt even in this discussion as to whether he was an all knowing deus ex machina, or just an unwitting flatfoot. The cop henchmen were more like villains here - they reminded me of William Conrad ans his buddy from The Killers. Franchot starts out as a friend and even a possible love interest for Ella, but ends up as the murderer. Fay Helm starts out as a sophisticated mystery lady, but ends up as a lost soul.

Ella is far more than she was at the beginning - she starts out almost as a bit player , "the secretary", and then she becomes the heroine, changing as she goes in order to trap the killer - she rings a lot of changes here you must admit - first a tough, relentless private investigator, then a jazz crazy ....groupie? then a damsel in distress, and finally back to Gal Friday. But really she can't go back... Phantom Lady leaves something more sinister lingering in the air than a marriage proposal. There is a hint, to me anyway, that maybe her tireless efforts to help her boss are .... messed up.... a headlong plunge into danger which ....she.... likes. There is something masochistic about her.

Edited by: JackFavell on Feb 1, 2011 10:33 PM

PHANTOM LADY SPOILED

In The Killers, everyone is exactly how they appear at the beginning. You think they will change, but they really don't. That left me with no real suspense.

I didn't expect The Swede to be as he was. I also felt the story became less about The Swede and more about everyone else. I really liked that. It was good and messy.

I think that Phantom Lady is more interesting because the characters keep slipping into new forms. You're never sure how someone will end up.

Really? I thought it was rather clear.

Alan Curtis ends up nicer than you expect, but he could go either way at any time, right up to the end.

I thought he was played straight. He was honest from the start. I didn't expect him to be different at the end.

The police chief is at once more helpful and less helpful than I thought he would be.

This is true. Inspector Burgess (Thomas Gomez) becomes rather useless by film's end. He was far more interesting at the start.

Franchot starts out as a friend and even a possible love interest for Ella, but ends up as the murderer.

I believe we were shown he was the villain with his entrance. We, the audience, are fully aware of his presence being serious trouble. That's where the suspense in the film comes from. The killer is in on everything and we know he is but Carol does not.

Fay Helm starts out as a sophisticated mystery lady, but ends up as a lost soul.

She was fascinating. I didn't expect her twist. I felt for her.

Ella is far more than she was at the beginning - she starts out almost as a bit player , the secretary, and then she becomes the heroine, changing as she goes in order to trap the killer - she rings a lot of changes here you must admit - first a tough, relentless private investigator, then a jazz crazy ....groupie? then finally a damsel in distress.

Definitely. She jumps to action and places herself in dangerous situations that most any normal person would never do.

There is a hint, to me anyway, that maybe her tireless efforts to help her boss are .... messed up.... a headlong plunge into danger which ....she.... likes. There is something masochistic about her.

Yes, I suppose. But I think messed up is Constance (Ingrid Bergman) in Spellbound, looking to clear her love interest, who is not who he appears to be, and who she just met. Ingrid goes through a lot of emotions in that one. In Phantom Lady, Carol knows the guy she loves. She trusts him and believes in him because she knows him. So it's not that twisted for her to do what she does for him.

Anyone see Ella in The Web (1947) with Edmund O'Brien? I never have. It also has Vincent Price in it.

No, I haven't. That's one of the titles on my film noir list that I need. I keep hoping TCM digs a little deeper in showing some film noir but they haven't been. It's been on the dry side.

It turns out the film is on YouTube, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JBxNKxmvCQ&feature=related

So is Tall in the Saddle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RPp9YE0Z9U

And The Suspect:

thank you for that link...I may check it out.

I added more links. I'm game to watch the films noir.

Have a look at the pix of Ella I posted nearby. Maybe they'll sell her.

I already have! I liked them! She's showing a wonderful personality in some of those pics! She looks so loose and relaxed and happy and fun! I want to see that actress in a movie!

> I added more links. I'm game to watch the films noir.

>

I now realize I've seen *The Suspect*, having forgotten Ella played the girl. I really like that movie, Laughton was excellent.

> I already have! I liked them! She's showing a wonderful personality in some of those pics! She looks so loose and relaxed and happy and fun! I want to see that actress in a movie!

I think she shows these qualities.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> I think she shows these qualities.

>

> I guess she does show those qualities in Impact.

Yes, particularly in *Impact*. I haven't seen *Tall in the Saddle* in a long, long while. I only remember her always being mad and distrustful of Duke.

I've seen *The Web*, most recently in about the last year. I think it might have been on TCM, but I'm sure it was on cable. I like it a lot. Great cast. Price is at his snakily unctuous best. O'Brien plays a good, but kinda naive guy, but Ella allies with him to sort things out. Lots of plot twists. Bendix is almost inscrutable. Check www.allmovie.com for a detailed synopsis, or, to avoid so many spoilers, read their review.

Hey there GRIMESY, VIRNA and MISS 24K...I have had a fantastic time reading your defense and thoughts on Ella Raines. I?m so happy seeing her discussed. (?It?s when they stop mentioning your name, that you should worry...?) Ella Raines is not the first name that comes to mind in the classic film buffs? collective memory. But maybe I can fall on the mercy of the court and entreat MOIRA FINNIE to do a story on her over at Rancho Oasis or at the Movie Morlocks site.

JACK FAVELL writes: The problem I think is that Ella remained a B actress - she just doesn't have the canon of work that a Joan Bennett or an Ann Sheridan has. She doesn't have a big studio behind her, plumping her up for a huge next role...

Jackaaaaaaay, there?s something in what you say there, boy.

She is self assured, and unabashedly smart, she makes it look cool and even fun to be smart. Even if her character is supposed to just sit and wait for her man, she is no shrinking violet, or cooing dove of a girl. She plays the good girl like a bad girl and I really love that straight ahead, no-holds-barred fight in her. She's a tomboy, with real long legs and a smashing smile, but she's not full of herself or sensitive. She's happy. Happy with herself and with her job.

I love those vulnerable actresses like Ingrid Bergman and Jennifer Jones whose emotions are at their finger tips and our heart strings...and the kittenish coquettes like GLO-LO or Marilyn. But I do like those straightforward actresses too.

I want to watch "Tall in the Saddle" next, but I have about 5 movies I need to watch first. I've been slow watching lately because of Hal Roach, and also because of the bad weather - this is the fifth or sixth snow day we've had and I can't sit and watch movies when the kidling is home!

SNOW! SNOW! GO AWAY. COME AGAIN ANOTHER-- NO WAIT! DON?T COME BACK...EVER!!

I was just thinking about Dana Andrews in BYOOL and Ox-Bow a little while ago - when Maven mentioned curly haired fellas, and I thought about how vulnerable he is.... even in Laura, he's got his weak spot, as Waldo so nastily points out. whew! He may be the most sensitive tough guy ever.

By Jove, I think you?re right. I never thought of him in those terms, but you?ve made me see the light. Poor baby...I?ll wipe his brow when he wakes up with the sweats. I could see him in Milland?s part in ?THE LOST WEEKEND.?

Regis Toomey was amazing - I have NEVER seen him so .... creepy! This ain't no Meet John Doe!

Haha! He looked pretty goofy to me as one of the cops. Did Regis make more movies than John Ridgely?

How do Frankie G. - Duryea is probably my favorite snake of all time. He gets under your skin with his vocal delivery. Again, it's his tone. And he's such a constant blinker.

He played the same type in ?THE LITTLE FOXES.? Weasly. Weak.The one actress that I can think of off the top of my head that sent Duryea scurrying, was LIZABETH SCOTT in ?TOO LATE FOR TEARS.? She got too money crazy even for him.There?s very few actors that affect me the way Duryea does. I have a Pavlovic reaction...when I see him I immediately want to slap his face. He might be neck and neck in the Weasly Snake Department with early Richard Widmark. He was the hateful type too.

(Re: GAIL RUSSELL): I just love how she makes me feel about her and her characters. I also love that she can smile and show excitement. She played off John Wayne extremely well in "Angel and the Badman." It's a very "warm" performance by her.

I just love how Ella makes me feel about her and her characters. But you know Grimesy, it?d be interesting to read a comparative essay from you on the chemistry between John Wayne and Gail Russell and John Wayne and Ella Raines in ?ANGEL AND THE BADMAN? and ?TALL IN THE SADDLE? respectively; including, (besides the chemistry), the actresses? personas in each film...warm/cold...needy/self-sufficient and what they each bring out in The Duke.

(Re: SUSAN HAYWARD): Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not keen on Susan because she's always angry and blowing smoke. I can take that if she'd show another side. When she does, I tend to like her. It's just the majority of the time, she's looking to rip people's heads off.

Ha!!! I wish she?d have worked with Dan Duryea.

There was a stronger edge to The Killers. It's a cruel film. Lots of messed up people. And I do think our sensibilities come into play with that. I prefer film noir to be dark more so than light.

I like ?THE KILLERS? but I admit...I get lost weaving and wending my way through the plot. The glue that holds my attention throughout, is Burt Lancaster and Ava Garner. But the cruelest film has got to be ?SCARLET STREET.? It was unrelenting. Edward G. Robinson?s character was mashed up in the circumstances but good! How can that be the same actor who later appears in ?KEY LARGO??

These are the ten actress you say you wish you could have dated:

10.Madeleine Carroll

9. Linda Darnell

8. Cathy O'Donnell

7. Colleen Gray

6. Constance Towers

5. Gail Russell

4. Myrna Loy

3. Vera Miles

2. Kim Novak

1. Joan Bennett

Hey there Miss G. - You like actresses that flirt.

I think you might have whittled things down to the psychological kernel of it all for Grimesy, Dr. Freud.

I like Ella a lot, and she seems like the kind of girl guys...especially American men...go ga ga for because she's a "pal". She'll go to the ball game, go fishing and hunting with them. Yet she's nice, kind and not witchy at all.

I?m inclined to agree with you. And then again some men probably still are not happy. In fact, of the pictures you posted over at the Noir Gallery (which were GREAT), there was one shot of Ella that I thought totally illustrated what you say. (It's my favorite becuz she's so unaware and relaxed). You posted a picture of Ella playing cards with (I assume) her husband. She?s so casually sexy in her shorts...and look at how their legs touch and the general closeness between them; their togetherness. She looks like Moms... wholesomely sexy. (Pssst!! I hear ya Grimesy...you probably say that this does not translate over to her reel life performances very effectively).

I love the close-up shot you posted of her with the Duke from ?TALL IN THE SADDLE.? I see chemistry. I feel it. I've got to pull that DVD out from under my pile and give it a more recent looksee.

That is certainly true...she looks like Gene Tierney but acts like Debbie Reynolds...by that I mean she doesn't act like her looks suggest.

HA!! I like that!

P.S.

Oh, and may I take a stab at those monocled lovelies you posted with Charles Coburn. From top left-to-right, I?d say: Maureen O?Sullivan, Ann Sheridan, Spring Byington, Charlotte Greenwood, Ann Rutherford (not Margaret Rutherford, Movieman), Jane Wyman, Yvonne DeCarlo, Ella Raines and Alexis Smith.

Well, I think I'll go to YouTube and watch Ella in "THE WEB." I've never seen it. Now, I'm not sure if she shows a different side to her...but seeing her behind a desk in a nice tailored outfit...I feel comforted in her girl Friday persona. So few actresses were shown working in an office back then. An exec'd know he can count on her.

And she makes it look good too.

Miss Goddess, thanx again for spotlighting her over at the Noir Gallery. I'm so happy ELLA RAINES is engendering such discussion here. A SPOTLIGHT ON THIS UNSUNG ACTRESS!! :D

>(Re: SUSAN HAYWARD): Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not keen on Susan because she's always angry and blowing smoke. I can take that if she'd show another side. When she does, I tend to like her. It's just the majority of the time, she's looking to rip people's heads off.

>*Ha!!! I wish she?d have worked with Dan Duryea.*

Oh that made me laugh hard!

Great post, Mava! I love the idea of posting a comparison study of the two John Wayne heroines and what they bring out in him, how he responds to each and their respective personalities. Wayne was a superb "responder". Brilliant!

Wonderful responses, as always M'Ava.

>

> SNOW! SNOW! GO AWAY. COME AGAIN ANOTHER-- NO WAIT! DONT COME BACK...EVER!!

>

Yes, never EVER. And for those who need snow every winter, we'll remind them there's always the train to Saskatchewan.

>

> I just love how Ella makes me feel about her and her characters. But you know Grimesy, itd be interesting to read a comparative essay from you on the chemistry between John Wayne and Gail Russell and John Wayne and Ella Raines in ANGEL AND THE BADMAN and TALL IN THE SADDLE respectively; including, (besides the chemistry), the actresses personas in each film...warm/cold...needy/self-sufficient and what they each bring out in The Duke.

>

I like this idea, too! Because until Maureen came along, I thought Duke worked best off of Gail and Ella. Two different types, to be sure, but each seemed to bring out something different. Like Jackie said, he was tops in the reaction department, especially with the dames.

> (Re: SUSAN HAYWARD): Actually, I'm pretty sure I'm not keen on Susan because she's always angry and blowing smoke. I can take that if she'd show another side. When she does, I tend to like her. It's just the majority of the time, she's looking to rip people's heads off.

>

> Ha!!! I wish shed have worked with Dan Duryea.

>

Did she work with Anthony Franciosa?

> I like THE KILLERS but I admit...I get lost weaving and wending my way through the plot. The glue that holds my attention throughout, is Burt Lancaster and Ava Garner. But the cruelest film has got to be SCARLET STREET. It was unrelenting. Edward G. Robinsons character was mashed up in the circumstances but good! How can that be the same actor who later appears in KEY LARGO?

>

Sounds like the next good Noir ramble should be on Scarlet Street? All I want to know about that movie is Lang making fun of modern art by using those terrible paintings of Lazy Legs? If not...

>

> Im inclined to agree with you. And then again some men probably still are not happy. In fact, of the pictures you posted over at the Noir Gallery (which were GREAT), there was one shot of Ella that I thought totally illustrated what you say. (It's my favorite becuz she's so unaware and relaxed). You posted a picture of Ella playing cards with (I assume) her husband. Shes so casually sexy in her shorts...and look at how their legs touch and the general closeness between them; their togetherness. She looks like Moms... wholesomely sexy. (Pssst!! I hear ya Grimesy...you probably say that this does not translate over to her reel life performances very effectively).

>

Yes, that was her husband...an officer I believe, though I'm not sure what branch of the service. I thought I read somewhere that one of the reason for her not having a big career is that she chose to go with him when he was stationed elsewhere.

> I love the close-up shot you posted of her with the Duke from TALL IN THE SADDLE. I see chemistry. I feel it. I've got to pull that DVD out from under my pile and give it a more recent looksee.

>

Me, too, it's been a long time. That would be good for a Western 'ramble'.

(But don't forget next Tuesday is The Hanging Tree...The Hanging Tree...

h1. The Hanging Tree!!!

Oops! Sorry, I got carried away.

>

> P.S.

> Oh, and may I take a stab at those monocled lovelies you posted with Charles Coburn. From top left-to-right, Id say: Maureen OSullivan, Ann Sheridan, Spring Byington, Charlotte Greenwood, Ann Rutherford (not Margaret Rutherford, Movieman), Jane Wyman, Yvonne DeCarlo, Ella Raines and Alexis Smith.

>

> *****

>

When I get home tonight I'll check the site where I got the picture...it has a list of everyone in it.

>Sounds like the next good Noir ramble should be on Scarlet Street?

I had a note from Sir Francis that we were thinking about it before Christmas. With it available for instant viewing on Netflix I'd be ready whenever someone gives the word.

Quick question for you Movieman...what are your thoughts on Ella Raines?

> Wonderful responses, as always M'Ava.

Thank you ma'am. Loved your retorts, rebuttals and responses as well. You know how to hold your own. I'll call you when I need a lawyer!

SNOW! SNOW! GO AWAY. COME AGAIN ANOTHER-- NO WAIT! DON?T COME BACK...EVER!!

> Yes, never EVER. And for those who need snow every winter, we'll remind them there's alwaysthe train to Saskatchewan.

D'OH!! Br-r-r-r-r!

> I like this idea, too! Because until Maureen came along, I thought Duke worked best off of Gail

> and Ella. Two different types, to be sure, but each seemed to bring out something different. Like

> Jackie said, he was tops in the reaction department, especially with the dames.

Grimesy'll never do it, but it was a thought. I never thought about John Wayne being a Reactor. And isn't that some of what acting is about...RE-acting?

> Did she work with Anthony Franciosa?

HA! Let's make a list. What actors need to get a good ol' fashion tongue-lashing by the Fierce and Fiery SUSAN HAYWARD:

1. Dan Duryea

2. Richard Widmark

3. Anthony Franciosa

4. Henry Daniell

5. Lee Bowman ...for good measure

That's a good start. We can throw Agnes Moorhead and Judith Anderson in there to finish 'em off.

> Sounds like the next good Noir ramble should be on Scarlet Street? All I want to know about that movie is Lang making fun of modern art by using those terrible paintings of Lazy Legs? If not...

I think Lang was making a statement about a coupla things in that film. Whew! It was bleak.

> Yes, that was her husband...an officer I believe, though I'm not sure what branch of the service. I thought I read somewhere that one of the reason for her not having a big career is that she chose to go with him when he was stationed elsewhere.

Captain or General Robin Olds I wanna say. (Trusting my trivia knowledge without going the imdb route). AirForce I think...but don't quote me. She picked marriage over a career.

I love the close-up shot you posted of her with the Duke from ?TALL IN THE SADDLE.? I see chemistry. I feel it. I've got to pull that DVD out from under my pile and give it a more recent looksee.

> Me, too, it's been a long time. That would be good for a Western 'ramble'. (But don't forget next Tuesday is The Hanging Tree...The Hanging Tree...The Hanging Tree!!! Oops! Sorry, I got carried away.

Uhmmmm...so I'm guessing you're looking forward to...THE...HANGING...TREE.

Be careful walking...the streets are slick. And I don't wanna hear: "GODDESS DOWN!!! GODDESS DOWN!!! :P ;-)

THE MAVEN'S MAVEN

Hi there. I have a good good friend who was my college classmate. He knows movies. Let me tell you, he knows Movies. He should really write a book...but that's another story. He is actually MY maven re: classic films. I asked him to give me his thoughts about ELLA RAINES. I told him I thought she needed defending over here on the Message Board and that I was too emotional to put forth cogent intelligent reasons for my liking her; that I was actually kind of lost. So I asked him (good or bad) to tell me what he thought of her. I didn't share the opinions from here. I wanted his independent thoughts. And here they are:

<<<< (( ROBERT'S THOUGHTS ON ELLA RAINES )) >>>>

"First off here, I don't see that Ella Raines needs defending! She was an attractive woman of demonstrable ability who contributed positively to a number of films, many of which are probably more highly regarded today than when new. I'm thinking here of her Sturges and Siodmak pictures especially and other noirs that were probably the lower half of double bills.

Being contracted to Universal, she didn't really have an opportunity to become a star of the first rank; even on loan, she wasn't cast in "major motion pictures" and didn't get the top leading men. Actually, even at a studio with greater resources, I don't think she could have become a major star at that time, for two reasons.

One: Her acting, very modern I think, was simple, straightforward, and direct. She did not indulge in the histrionics which still today gain the greatest attention, reviews, and awards.

Two: Truth to tell, she was not the prettiest girl on the block. I certainly don't mean she was not good-looking and attractive, but I think her appeal to those of us who love her has less to do with her face and figure and more to do with her presence on screen as a young woman who was independent, smart, resourceful, and loyal. These are the qualities that made her so effective in noirs, westerns, and the few comedies she was in.

She was the Girl Next Door, but a new wartime girl, rarely seen at home in an apron, but more likely in the city with a job that she was good at. She didn't "act sexy" in the conventional manner, except in "Phantom Lady" when her character was impersonating a vamp. In her pin-ups, she usually looks bemused, and sometimes even annoyed, as if she were not comfortable putting on an act while still ostensibly being Ella Raines, herself. She was too honest to be a real Movie Star, but that's what made her such a fine actress and made her characters so real and appealing.

Well, I see that what I have done is sort of elaborated on her Lost Women of Hollywood entry. Pointed out reasons that her career never really took off, but these are also the reasons for her appeal. She was very much of her time, but so different from the, sometimes more successful, competition. Like the greatest stars, she didn't remind you of anyone else.

I hope this helps, but it has been fun putting together some thoughts about her.

Bob"

>Quick question for you Movieman...what are your thoughts on Ella Raines?

It's a quick answer. I don't know much about her. I will have "Phantom Lady" soon but on the basis of "Tall In The Saddle" and one other picture she is cool, sultry, confident and attractive. It's subject to change but that is my initial reaction.

> P.S.

> Oh, and may I take a stab at those monocled lovelies you posted with Charles Coburn. From top left-to-right, I?d say: Maureen O?Sullivan, Ann Sheridan, Spring Byington, Charlotte Greenwood, Ann Rutherford (not Margaret Rutherford, Movieman), Jane Wyman, Yvonne DeCarlo, Ella Raines and Alexis Smith.

>

Hi T-Mave...I checked and you got them all! The photo was taken on the set of Louisa (1950).

Woops! It looks like one of them is supposed to be Piper Laurie...the one to the right of Jane Wyman.

Edited by: MissGoddess on Feb 2, 2011 10:22 PM

OH good gravy.. I am SUCH a slacker "thread hostess" around here.. I am so far behind on this thread I will NEVER catch up.. will try to read through it soon.. and likely will just have to wait for another chat before I could join in. Thanks for keeping the dust off the place for me, though, folks. :D

And PS: Miss G..

But don't forget next Tuesday is The Hanging Tree...The Hanging Tree... The Hanging Tree!!!

May I just say, *YEEHAW!!!* :D

I have seen it.. OH that low-life KITTY! Poor Edward G.

We had a long and lengthy chat on it here some time ago (at least some of us did.. Grey Guy.. Jackie.. and I think Maven and me, about a year or so ago.. I THINK) It is a TERRIFIC film. VERY Noir, ha. If that one is coming back up again.. I say yay.. I am SURE there is more to say on it, no doubt.

(and written by the same guy as Rawhide... who knew??)

Edited by: rohanaka on Feb 2, 2011 11:17 PM

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> I have seen it.. OH that low-life KITTY! Poor Edward G.

>

> We had a long and lengthy chat on it here some time ago (at least some of us did.. Grey Guy.. Jackie.. and I think Maven and me, about a year or so ago.. I THINK) It is a TERRIFIC film. VERY Noir, ha. If that one is coming back up again.. I say yay.. I am SURE there is more to say on it, no doubt.

>Right...I just wasn't sure who all was in the discussion...I don't even know if I was in it!

>

> (and written by the same guy as Rawhide... who knew??)

>

>

Who is also the same guy who wrote...*Stagecoach*. :D

Right...I just wasn't sure who all was in the discussion...I don't even know if I was in it!

Not sure myself.. I went fishing for it and found pretty much where we started.. have not had time to go too deep into what all we said..but I do remember it was a FUN "walk on the noir side" (though a bit "swiss cheese ridden" from time to time). :D

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/thread.jspa?threadID=147635&start=1935&tstart=0

(oops.. actually.. I think my opening post is on the page just before the page that pulls up on this link. duh)

Who is also the same guy who wrote...Stagecoach

WAYYYYYYYYYY cool. ha. Three for three really good stories. I need to check him out and see what ELSE I have seen that he wrote, ha.

Edited by: rohanaka on Feb 2, 2011 11:40 PM

Archived