Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Randy Quaid 'seriously considering' run for California governor

Randy Quaid 'seriously considering' run for California governor

Actor Randy Quaid said he is “seriously considering” running for California governor the day after the state announced that the recall effort aimed at ousting Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) has enough signatures to qualify for the ballot.

In a tweet posted on Tuesday, Quaid wrote, "The prosecutorial corruption in California (esp Santa Barbara & the Bell scandal) is rampant; and I promise that if elected I will clean up the District Attorney Offices throughout the state.”

On Monday, the California secretary of state’s office announced that 1,626,042 valid signatures had been collected in support of Newsom’s recall effort, exceeding the 1,495,709 required.

The number of valid signatures is expected to increase, as counties have until April 29 to confirm the authenticity of the remaining signatures.

He will probably run his campaign from Area 51 with flashing lights for UFOs.

Trump shares bizarre videos and tweets by actor Randy Quaid about voter fraud, Fox News

"Is this the way America goes? Is this really our future? Wake up you sleeping giant, the lilliputians have tied you down with their fantastic dreams of icebergs melting into dinosaurs and train tracks stretching across the Pacific waters. Trump trumpets reveille and it's time to heed the call."

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/trump-shares-bizarre-videos-tweets-actor-randy-quaid-about-voter-n1248818

Trump may move to California just so he can vote for the man whose videos he retweeted. If Trump votes for him, how long before he gets an endorsement on these boards from Movie Madness?

• Haha 2

Ya know why Randy Quaid might always best be remembered for his excellent performance as Lenny Small in the 1981 TV-movie presentation of Of Mice and Men ?

(...c'mon, this one's easy...it's 'cause it wasn't much of a stretch acting-wise for the big troubled idiot)

I thought it might have had something to do with brother DENNIS portraying former California governor  Ronald Reagan in an upcoming movie.  ;) 

I really don't understand MM's apprehension...   because Quaid's an ACTOR?  That means he'll be running his campaign from Area 51?   And too, wasn't former governor(and president) Reagan ALSO an actor?   

So WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, MM?

And DARGO!  What about Randy's role of LESTER MARLOW in THE LAST PICTURE SHOW?  or seaman LARRY MEADOWS in THE LAST DETAIL?  I dunno...  I never considered Randy as a "big, troubled idiot".  But, once he becomes a politician, all bets are OFF!  ;) 

Sepiatone

1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

...And DARGO!  What about Randy's role of LESTER MARLOW in THE LAST PICTURE SHOW?  or seaman LARRY MEADOWS in THE LAST DETAIL?  I dunno...  I never considered Randy as a "big, troubled idiot".  But, once he becomes a politician, all bets are OFF!  ;) 

Sepiatone

Well, aren't every one of those other film characters you've mentioned here have Randy playing a guy who's  more than a little slow on the ol' uptake TOO? And thus once again perhaps NOT being "much of a stretch acting-wise" for the guy?

(...and regarding his REAL life and not his reel life, if you've not familiar with his strange little personal exploits since he was in all these aforementioned movies, then check out his Wiki bio page under the subtitle of "Legal issues"...the guy seems like "a real piece o' work" to ME, anyway)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sepiatone said:

I thought it might have had something to do with brother DENNIS portraying former California governor  Ronald Reagan in an upcoming movie.  ;) 

I really don't understand MM's apprehension...   because Quaid's an ACTOR?  That means he'll be running his campaign from Area 51?   And too, wasn't former governor(and president) Reagan ALSO an actor?   

So WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, MM?

And DARGO!  What about Randy's role of LESTER MARLOW in THE LAST PICTURE SHOW?  or seaman LARRY MEADOWS in THE LAST DETAIL?  I dunno...  I never considered Randy as a "big, troubled idiot".  But, once he becomes a politician, all bets are OFF!  ;) 

Sepiatone

I don't know the whole story but Randy was hiding out in Canada for quite some time as he claimed he was being persecuted in the United States.

Because of that many then questioned his mental competence.  Which makes him an ideal candidate for a politician these days.

• Like 2