Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

>

> Did you see ISLE OF FURY? All I'll say about that one is they should have fed E.E. Clive (the doctor) to that "devil fish" (an Ed Wood BRIDE OF THE MONSTER octopus, lol) Poor Bogie. Nothing he could do with that script...

I actually did watch that last night and enjoyed it! :) First time I'd seen that one, it's pretty rare!

>I asked Mom if she ever saw THE PETRIFIED FOREST.

>Mom: "Is that the one where Bette Davis is telling Leslie Howard she hates him?"

>Me: "No, you're thinking of OF HUMAN BONDAGE".

>Mom: "Oh, that's right. Who is in it?

>Me: "Bette Davis and Leslie Howard"

Oh my god, you did it again. Made me spit a mouthful of drink out laughing....

"Who's in it?" is going to be the new catch phrase around the Favell household from now on.

Well, you know how much I love bad movies. ISLE OF FURY could have been served up for Thanksgiving. The scriptwriters knew that Clive would be immediately disliked by the audience, so he's given this line to Donald Woods: "Do you mind my philosophizing?" (me, screaming at the t.v. scree: '"YES!! SO JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!") Unlike more appealing performances by other actors in the cynical alcoholic outcast doctor cliche,

Clive is just a pain in the arse.

Mom knew there was a twist coming. She just feels these things deeply.

> Mom saw MARKED WOMAN.

>

> "I couldn't understand why Bette Davis didn't have her own apartment. These hookers were living together like college roommates. It was just stupid".

LOL! Good point.

I can't see your "Bee Girl", Bronxie. Just an "account inactive" notice from Photobucket.

> Well, you know how much I love bad movies. ISLE OF FURY could have been served up for Thanksgiving. The scriptwriters knew that Clive would be immediately disliked by the audience, so he's given this line to Donald Woods: "Do you mind my philosophizing?" (me, screaming at the t.v. scree: '"YES!! SO JUST SHUT UP RIGHT NOW!") Unlike more appealing performances by other actors in the cynical alcoholic outcast doctor cliche,

> Clive is just a pain in the arse.

>

> Mom knew there was a twist coming. She just feels these things deeply.

Man, I didn't think it was *that* bad! :) First time ever watching it may have had something to do with it. The gorgeous sexy Margaret Lindsay may have had another! :)

> My favorite Bee-Girl, Joanna Frank as "Regina" from The Outer Limits: (hope this one shows up)

>

> zzzzz.jpg

>

> Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Dec 5, 2009 11:12 PM

Oh! I don't think I've seen this one?? Do tell what it's about....

I like Margaret Lindsay, always better than most of the material given her.

I kept waiting for Bogie to explode in ISLE OF FURY, but nothing exciting really happened. Even his tangle with that stupid octopus was a bore.

> I like Margaret Lindsay, always better than most of the material given her.

>

> I kept waiting for Bogie to explode in ISLE OF FURY, but nothing exciting really happened. Even his tangle with that stupid octopus was a bore.

Margaret Lindsay---hotcha! :)

Bogie seemed on the verge of it a couple times, but something always happened to cool him down. Still not a bad B and not a waste of my hour. :)

Bronxgirl sez- *I've got a three-plus week winter break this month. It will drive me crazy, as I'm stuck in snow-less Florida and won't be able to go to New England this year on vacation. However, there IS Bogie as SOTM...*

*Did you see ISLE OF FURY? All I'll say about that one is they should have fed E.E. Clive (the doctor) to that "devil fish" (an Ed Wood BRIDE OF THE MONSTER octopus, lol) Poor Bogie. Nothing he could do with that script...*

Bronxgirl - we are like two movie lovers passing in the night. I did not see *Isle of Fury*, as well as a lot of other movies - been busy lately.

A three week break? Wow, think of all the bad B movies you can see in that time. As well as some good ones.

> {quote:title=MissGoddess wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> > My favorite Bee-Girl, Joanna Frank as "Regina" from The Outer Limits: (hope this one shows up)

> >

> > zzzzz.jpg

> >

> > Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Dec 5, 2009 11:12 PM

>

> Oh! I don't think I've seen this one?? Do tell what it's about....

Better than that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ1-Gd7bNn0

Hi, cinemafan! Hope we can meet more often. Actually the assistant principal for our ESOL program is trying to save money, so that's why we have an extra week of vacation. Now I can get to VOODOO WOMAN, DR. SATAN'S ROBOT and other gems. And of course I'm looking forward to Bogie every Wednesday this month. (He was great in BLACK LEGION!)

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Dec 7, 2009 10:25 PM

"ISLE OF FURY"---The octopus was very much "Bride of the Monster." I laughed when I read that. I enjoyed the twist...but again, I watched it for Margaret Lindsay.

Sorry Bogie, I'll watch for you during the rest of your Star turn this month.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> "ISLE OF FURY"---The octopus was very much "Bride of the Monster." I laughed when I read that. I enjoyed the twist...but again, I watched it for Margaret Lindsay.

>

> Sorry Bogie, I'll watch for you during the rest of your Star turn this month.

I'll watch *anything* with Margaret Lindsay in it!!!! Woooooooohooo!

But I actually thought the flick wasn't half bad for a first viewing!

I normally would hate to keep an O'Brien waiting, (including Pat in THE GREAT O'MALLEY) but I was tuckered out from some last-minute shopping yesterday and then promptly fell asleep when I got home. Then I woke up, tried to drag my sorry derriere to the computer for the "official" start on Friday of my weekend appearances here, but just keep lolling on the couch, dozing on and off. Usually I do all my holiday purchases several months in advance; this year I'm just draggin'.

I saw some of THE PRIZE. Funnier than ROBOT VS. THE AZTEC MUMMY and VOODOO WOMAN put together. What was Ernest Lehman thinking? It was like GRAND HOTEL mixed with NORTH BY NORTHWEST. Paul Newman at the nudist colony convention was just bizarre. The movie starts out with two Swedish waiters for comedy relief, which is a contradiction right there. Elke looked chic, though.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Dec 12, 2009 8:29 PM