Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

Merci Avril! LOL! "Arthur" is one we didn't catch!

But Mom and I did see PSYCHO last week. She couldn't remember the ending. "Does the mother kill Norman?"

I guess you could say that.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}'ello, duckie! Thank you.

>

> I wonder if Celia Johnson would have felt romantic towards Trevor had she seen his knees.

I prefer to forget I ever saw them, myself!

> "Leave the chicken, take the pastrami on rye"

What is that from?

I told Mom: "We shouldn't let a chicken come between us", and felt like Olivia de Havilland placating Bette Davis in HUSH, HUSH, SWEET CHARLOTTE.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Apr 5, 2012 11:58 PM

OMG LOL, moira! A cast of thousands yet I only have eyes for Yul....

Poor Debra Paget with Dathan.

search%3Fq%3Dgene%2Bwilder%2Bvalentine%2wilder[/i]valentine+photo&docid=A4CfiuK-FfJqRM&sa=X&ei=HeWET9zHHI-60AGD5dHxBw&ved=0CCUQ9QEwAA&dur=799]

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Apr 10, 2012 10:57 PM

On April 26th at 2:30 a.m. you get not just one Yul, but two, in the rarely ever seen spy thriller *The Double Man.* I highly recommend it, it's one of my favorite movies of the 60s. Stylish, tense, story in a beautiful Alpine background. A spy thriller for grown ups.

14347%20-%20The%20Double%20Man.jpg

Vraiment, Avril? I never heard of that Yul movie! Wow, sounds absolutely terrific, I will indeed catch it, thanks so much!

You know what I'm watching now of course.

EYES WITHOUT A FACE!

Eeeeek!!!

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}Vraiment, Avril? I never heard of that Yul movie! Wow, sounds absolutely terrific, I will indeed catch it, thanks so much!

>

> You know what I'm watching now of course.

>

> EYES WITHOUT A FACE!

>

> Eeeeek!!!

Oooh, I couldn't watch it! But I recorded it so I could be creeped out by it in broad daylight.

We have ants too, but black ants, not sugar ants. YUCK! Only a few so far, I don't know why, we've never had them before. Time to get out the 20 Mule Team Borax which deters the little ones anyway.

The creepiest part of LES YEUX SANS VISAGE for me is that

calliope music accompanying Valli's forays in her little car, hunting down unsuspecting woman so that her lover surgeon (a sweaty, disgusting, sadistic, sinisterly schlumpy Pierre Brasseur, who almost makes Charles Laughton in ISLAND OF LOST SOULS look positively charming, lol) can graft their beautiful faces onto daughter Edith Scob (such a haunting performance by this actress)

The WITHNAIL AND I chicken:

chicken_upon_a_brick.jpg

This is me watching moves like EYES WITHOUT A FACE and REPULSION:

!http://blog.lib.umn.edu/meriw007/myblog/peek-a-boo.jpg!|http://blog.lib.umn.edu/meriw007/myblog/peek-a-boo.jpg!ut

I bought Combat ant bait and it seems to be working, but who knows. Hopefully they are all inside the little balls on their way to insect heaven.

Ha, Super Chicken! Love Jay Ward.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Apr 13, 2012 7:44 PM

Before Rudy and everyone else, my number one back-in-the-day heartthrob (as a teenager) was Bela. I recently discovered this wonderful YouTube video that moves me so much -- the beautiful song "Hallelujah" just seems to fit. The tribute also includes clips from his silent movies.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Apr 14, 2012 12:34 PM