Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

Thanks so much, Sans!   It was a pretty scary experience, just like the first hurricane I went through, Wilma in 2005.

The "best" I can say about hurricanes is that we are given warnings in advance so necessary preparations can be made, unlike earthquakes.  I have a brother in San Francisco and am always concerned.

Glad to hear you are safe and sound, and a-ok, Miss B!!! Very thankful you were not in the worst of it. Will hope the rest of the hurricane season is a breeze.... but a mild and pleasant one. (not with hurricane force winds!) :) 

• Like 1

But now we've got Tropical Storm Maria to worry about, churning in the Atlantic at this moment!  Oh, no, no, no!

I'll just have to move to the south of France, lol.

Although with everything going on in Europe these days, that might not be such a good idea....

Glad that Irma is out of the way for you now, little missy. And here's hoping you get passed by this time by her cousin Maria.

Hang in there Miss B.. batten down those hatches again and will pray you stay safe and sound, all through the entire season. 

Glad that Irma is out of the way for you now, little missy. And here's hoping you get passed by this time by her cousin Maria.

Hang in there Miss B.. batten down those hatches again and will pray you stay safe and sound, all through the entire season. 

Are girl hurricanes worse than boy hurricanes?

Let us not be afraid to ask.

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much, Ro!!  Hey, Godzilla sure knows how to make a girl feel special!  Ha!! 

So many birthday candles, lol, they are falling off my German Chocolate cake....

I'm spending a quiet day at home which is always the best place as far as I'm concerned. 

October is the best month for birthdays. I had mine Monday but it is all the more special as we get to give you best wishes today. I hope yours is a lovely day. How appropriate it would be.

All the best for fun and friends and a fine time. May you be blessed with many more.

Happy Birthday!!!

Chris 

• Like 2

Chris, please accept my belated birthday greetings to you (I haven't been thinking clearly for several months).  I do remember you are a fellow Libra, and we're the best, right, lol?

I had a pleasant quiet day alone with chocolate cake and pizza.  A girlfriend was out of town visiting family and we will celebrate when she gets back and takes me out for a nice dinner.

Our weather will be "cooling off" a bit next week which means it will get "down" to about 70, which in South Florida is almost chilly, ha! 

Blessings to you, my friend, and thank you for thinking of me.

Barbarella

• Like 1

Scottie, my friend, my friend!  Thank you!

Blessings!

I was a good little girl on my birthday but wondered why all the other children didn't come to the party.  Maybe I should have put their invitations into a regular mail box and not that tree....

Hey Bronxie, you there?

Am I here?

I am disoriented by these giant emoji things everywhere!

Anyway I don't know how to get to my pm's anymore. I guess they will straighten this out in a few days. 

Glad you had a nice birthday. The aliens were a bit bummed when you rejected their proposals but they'll get over it. We have had a very warm October but I think is is going to cool down here quite a bit tomorrow.

Hey Frank,

Great to see you on the boards! I'll drop you a note when I figure out how!

• Like 1

Because we're now through the looking glass, the first post I saw was your 2009 original post and I was struck by your mom's take on Julie Christie's "mop" of hair. It made me laugh and remember Julie's cameo in Nashville, which she probably did as a personal favor to Robert Altman. She stops by the table of some of the country stars and as she walks away someone explains to Barbara Baxley that it was Julie Christie, the movie star, to which Baxley replies: "She can't be a movie star. She can't even comb her hair!" Right on, Mom.

• Like 1

Hi, molo, yes, here I am but I think we must cue The Twilight Zone theme!  Everything is so strange, but now everyone can enjoy my old posts and the conversations with Mom!  I've been laughing and crying re-reading them and also remembering all the great rambles with wonderful friends.

I'm not worrying about the aliens anymore because there is a new neighbor in our complex who bears an unnerving resemblance to Francis Lederer. 

Boca might even get down into the 50's next week.  Cannot wait.

Dougie B., nice to see you!  Yes, it's topsy-turvy on the boards but I'm thrilled that the old posts are the first we see.  Loved that you brought up NASHVILLE -- I didn't think of that Julie Christie connection, lol.

1 hour ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Hi, molo, yes, here I am but I think we must cue The Twilight Zone theme!  Everything is so strange, but now everyone can enjoy my old posts and the conversations with Mom!  I've been laughing and crying re-reading them and also remembering all the great rambles with wonderful friends.

I'm not worrying about the aliens anymore because there is a new neighbor in our complex who bears an unnerving resemblance to Francis Lederer. 

Boca might even get down into the 50's next week.  Cannot wait.

Dougie B., nice to see you!  Yes, it's topsy-turvy on the boards but I'm thrilled that the old posts are the first we see.  Loved that you brought up NASHVILLE -- I didn't think of that Julie Christie connection, lol.

I agree, Barb, the new order brings new life to the thread. But I'm not used to it yet. Just now on this thread I was reading the opening post and thought for a minute or two that you were recapping famous quotes in the current now.

Happy Birthday, Barb !!!

• Like 1

Hello, laffite!  Thank you for the birthday greetings!

Yes, this new format will take time getting used to but it makes me happy to know that Mom's memory will live on thanks to the dear friends here who continue to embrace and support this thread.  I cannot begin to express my love and appreciation for all of you.

• Like 1

This is the first time I have been able to post in many, many months. I have often thought of you, Bronxie, especially when relishing a particularly awful film or a few classics. Hope the coming year has some joyous moments for you...and, oh, Marcello showed up on the doorstep all dressed up for your birthday...I just had to let him in. Hope you don't mind.

marcello1a.jpg

• Like 2

Oh, moira, molto grazie mia cara amica.  I am very touched.  You have also crossed my mind more than a few times when I am enjoying a particularly wonderful turkey or a "regular" classic.  I miss the fun a bunch of us had at the other retreat and hope we all can get those colored lights going again over there. 

How kind of you to remember my birthday and Marcello!  And speaking of colored lights, why no, I don't mind you letting him in AT ALL, lol.

Again, thank you so much for your best wishes.  Hope you are doing okay.

I'm getting ready for THE CHAMPAGNE MURDERS this evening; have never seen it.  I'll also revisit PRETTY POISON which I sometimes get mixed up with LORD LOVE A DUCK.