Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

Hope your Halloween wasn't too scary Bronxie.

The season sort of flew by me this year but I did visit with Boris and Bela last night.

shadowraven.jpg

Now that the cool weather is settling in I'll probably catch up on some more spooky films soon. The Old Dark House is one I'll be getting to tonight. I haven't seen these in a while.

• Like 1

Hi, molo, my little raven!  (then I guess Halloween didn't really "fly" by you, lol)  My favorite exchange from that film:  Boris: "Maybe if a man is ugly, he does ugly things...." to which Bela replies: "You are saying something profound!"

Nothing scary occurred -- no alligators slithering out of the pond and knocking on my door with their tails.  No 90 year old Boca men creeping up on me with their hairy arms.  

I ate pizza followed by devil's food cake for dessert, and enjoyed a perennial favorite, THE HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL. 

I forgot to watch THE OLD DARK HOUSE.  Darn those home shopping channels!!

• 3 weeks later...

Drat.

The right hinge on my HP computer is loose.  I perused YouTube looking for a quick fix but much too low-tech (and a wuss with fear of electrical shock even just unplugging it and removing the battery) to attempt any solutions.

So if worse comes to worse and my entire screen falls off you will know why I have not posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks, Rich!  I originally thought that was really Bette's voice, lol.

The happiest, healthiest, most wonderful Christmas and New Year to you and all my dear friends here!

And now for a special, out of this world holiday musical experience:

• 8 months later...

Oh Rich, thank you so much my friend.  I feel the same way about all of you.

Life is definitely not easy.  ("How's that for homespun philosophy?" as Stella tells Jeff in REAR WINDOW)

I'm going to watch THE ATOMIC BRAIN soon and hope it will lift my spirits.

Rich, I just watched it, lol.  Did you review this and if so, can I get a link?  

I was waiting for Richard Widmark to appear and throw that old woman down the staircase.  

Those last few moments with Xerxes the cat were priceless!

Perked me right up!

7 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

Rich, I just watched it, lol.  Did you review this and if so, can I get a link?  

I was waiting for Richard Widmark to appear and throw that old woman down the staircase.  

Those last few moments with Xerxes the cat were priceless!

Perked me right up!

Here is the link:

http://forums.tcm.com/topic/27767-richs-b-and-worse-horror-movie-thread/?page=5

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Rich!  I should have known that you covered them ALL!!

I watched the Mystery Science Theatre version afterwards and they mentioned Richard Widmark, too, lol.  (I'm feeling very smug now, ha!)

• 3 weeks later...