Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

On 12/24/2020 at 7:08 PM, SansFin said:

I hope that all here are well and happy and content with the fact that things could be worse and that there is hope for a much brighter New Year.

sI2dN6F.jpg

Reminds me of my High School teacher.

• Haha 1

I don't hate them all, but if it really really matters to us that much who the occupant of the white house is, or who is sitting on the supreme court, then we've screwed things up royally. It was never supposed to be that way.

33 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

I don't hate them all, but if it really really matters to us that much who the occupant of the white house is, or who is sitting on the supreme court, then we've screwed things up royally. It was never supposed to be that way.

This hyper partisanship is beyond toxic.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

This hyper partisanship is beyond toxic.

Only for those who fall prey to it. It's easy enough to turn off. I gave up talk radio and cable news and I steer clear of the political threads here. I follow a few favored columnists and podcasters but they call balls and strikes and maintain perspective. It can be done.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

Only for those who fall prey to it. It's easy enough to turn off. I gave up talk radio and cable news and I steer clear of the political threads here. I follow a few favored columnists and podcasters but they call balls and strikes and maintain perspective. It can be done.

I stopped watching all the 24/7 cable "news".  Reduced my blood pressure considerably.  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Bronxgirl48 said:

I HATE ALL POLITICANS!!

Agree in the main, but I would prefer having a politician in the white house.. A regular boring old politician may exasperate us but they are unlikely to do something beyond-the-pale rash, comparatively speaking,

Thanks, Barb, for those scintillating music vids. Is fat guts seething or what? Hey, maybe he'll like them and start a singing career.

For those who have it, try MUSIC CHOICE on your cable as an alternative to the "news."

🌤️ A new day

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/29/2021 at 10:23 PM, laffite said:

Music Choice is our refuge in time of trouble.

(my version)

And there are no commercials like you get with Pandora and other services. Singers and Swing is my go-to and I put Light Classical on low for the doggies when I'm (almost never these days) out of the house. They do a rotating Songs of the Season, which is mostly the usual suspects but can also feature some nice surprises. There are also a few good yule log-type choices at Christmas. If I had my druthers they'd also have a classic comedy channel, with Nichols and May, Bob Newhart, people like that.  

• Like 1
On 1/29/2021 at 1:51 PM, Bronxgirl48 said:

Switching gears a bit, please indulge a melancholy and bittersweet mood.  Here are some facts about my hometown even I didn't know:

This old Bronxite thanks you for that Bronxgirl! I guess I knew nine out of the eleven. I didn't know about the Tour de Bronx,  or the dome/foundry.  Btw we never referred to the Arthur Avenue/Mt. Carmel area as Little Italy.  I know that section well, we just called it "Arthur Avenue." 

• Like 2