Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bronxgirl48

BRONXGIRL'S MOTHER, HENRY FONDA'S HIRSUTENESS, ETC.

> {quote:title=JackFavell wrote:}{quote}

> Was that the one with Frankie Avalon holding a big knife, and a really cute light haired guy with a beatles haircut? I woke up for a minute and the TV was on ----I saw one scene, but couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to watch the rest of the movie.

That might have been Roy Scheider actually. I think it was his first movie. Try to imagine an ambiguously tongue-in-cheek Gothic with a low budget, impressive cinematography, and proto-slasher film murders of the greedy relatives whom the family patriarch (who may or may not be buried alive) seeks to take his revenge on. I couldn't tell if the bad acting and hilariously florid dialogue was supposed to be a send-up. And don't get me started on the Nat Pendleton-ish policemen, lol.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 10, 2009 9:13 PM

Now I wish I'd watched it...

How could I have mistaken Roy Scheider for Frankie Avalon? This may put me in therapy.

> Now I wish I'd watched it...

>

> How could I have mistaken Roy Scheider for Frankie Avalon? This may put me in therapy.

You're not so crazy. They both made movies on the beach.

Ha!

I just looked up the schedule for last night - I was watching *Horror House* at four in the morning, which starred Frankie Avalon and DENNIS PRICE!

If only I had stayed awake....

> Now I wish I'd watched it...

>

> How could I have mistaken Roy Scheider for Frankie Avalon? This may put me in therapy.

That movie you saw Frankie in was HORROR HOUSE. I actually watched part of it. Was it the original teen slasher movie? Frankie Avalon in England, with all these Carbaby Street types who visit a haunted house. I eventually fell asleep wondering just what kind of underwear the brunette could have been wearing to keep from showing anything under a dress that was basically a white leather fishnet tube. I think there were still fish in it.

I didn't catch Dennis Price.

> You have to have a lot of style to get away with a leather fishnet tube dress. With fish.

:D Annette must have been seething.

Now I've got to clean up the coffee on my computer keys.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 10, 2009 9:46 PM

Leather fishnet tube dress??? Ladies...Hilarious!! :D:D

BRONXGIRL writes:

?That might have been Roy Scheider actually. I think it was his first movie. Try to imagine an ambiguously tongue-in-cheek Gothic with a low budget, impressive cinematography, and proto-slasher film murders of the greedy relatives whom the family patriarch (who may or may not be buried alive) seeks to take his revenge on. I couldn't tell if the bad acting and hilariously florid dialogue was supposed to be a send-up. And don't get me started on the Nat Pendleton-ish policemen, lol.

Well, it wasn?t ?Gandhi? but your take is hilarious all the same. :D

---

JACKFAVELL writes:

?Was that the one with Frankie Avalon holding a big knife, and a really cute light haired guy with a beatles haircut? I woke up for a minute and the TV was on ----I saw one scene, but couldn't keep my eyes open long enough to watch the rest of the movie.?

Now if YOU had eaten the salami and peanut butter sandwich...

OMG!!!

Frankie got it where it hurts. Wasn't that blonde in "EXODUS"??

Thanxxx. And for this she ate peanutbutter and salami?? ;-)

> Thanxxx. And for this she ate peanutbutter and salami?? ;-)

NO!! I was talking about THE CURSE OF THE LIVING CORPSE!

That's the one with a young Roy Scheider.

I just saw something on the Sundance Channel that I couldn't identify, except that it looked an awful lot like Bunuel. (the identifying "guide" at the bottom of my t.v. screen had the "no data available" thing going on) There's Jeanne Moreau as a maid named Celestine at a country estate. Sexual fetishes, moral decay, political symbolism, it's just got to be Luis. What is the name of this film?? Moreau was terrific.

Edited by: Bronxgirl48 on Oct 11, 2009 2:33 AM

Bronxie...what are you doing up so late?

I looked at my on-tv tv-guide, which after the cable update, it omits the Director information. The movie you saw was, as listed:

"Diary of A Chambermaid" (1964) A Parisian (Jeanne Moreau) works for a decadent 1920s family. 1 hr 45 min Runtime.

Jeanne Moreau's one of my favorites. But turn to the LifeTime Network. Another favorite actress of mine, Wendy Crewson is on in a film called "A Colder Kind of Death." She's always great to watch.

> {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> Bronxie...what are you doing up so late?

But this is the shank of the evening, lol!

>

> I looked at my on-tv tv-guide, which after the cable update, it omits the Director information. The movie you saw was, as listed:

>

> "Diary of A Chambermaid" (1964) A Parisian (Jeanne Moreau) works for a decadent 1920s family. 1 hr 45 min Runtime.

Ah-ha!!! Thanks for the title, which I promptly looked up and by golly, it IS Bunuel. (I love when I get something right for a change)

>

> Jeanne Moreau's one of my favorites. But turn to the LifeTime Network. Another favorite actress of mine, Wendy Crewson is on in a film called "A Colder Kind of Death." She's always great to watch.

I'll check her out.

"The last comic book heroine (of a sort) I'm familiar with is Betty from the "Archie" series."

In ARCHIE # 406, Betty is exposed to gamma rays. She acquires super powers, becomes Electra, and dumps Archie for William Windom. Reggie, meanwhile, is bitten by a radioactive cheerleader and assumes the role of Vivian Vance. Hope this helps.

Bronxie,

Ann Magrock wishes you the bestest birthday ever.

And I hope you have a totally wonderful day and may your birthday wishes all come true!

Thank you my Mothra twin!

I love those doggies, LOL, especially that last bark, ha!

I'm going out for a pizza celebration with friends for lunch (then I have to work tonight but I'll be home around 9:45 p.m.) and tomorrow Mom is taking me out for dinner.

She called me up this morning to wish me birthday greetings and added: "Believe me, you don't look that old".

She called me up this morning to wish me birthday greetings and added: "Believe me, you don't look that old".

HA!!! Love that mom!!!! :D

Hope you enjoy your pizza little cutie.... and hope your students give you NOTHING but smiles tonight... (no whacko stuff..ha)

Take care, kid... have a VERY nice day!! :-)