Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh Why Not..

I Can Think of five.. .

- .. that i dont believe have been touched upon..

_

Ken Curtis.

Kris Christofferson (sp ,! ..

Mads Mikkelson (sp

Noreen Nash.

Gal Gadot.

.. .do Magicians Count ..,? .??? ..

.. Harry Houdini ...

Robin Wright .. 😃..

Joanne Dru... 🤔..

Do character actors count?

Cecil Cunningham
Colin Clive
Cyril Cusack
Frank Finlay
Frank Faylen
Frederic Forrest
Fritz Feld
Hal Holbrook
Harry Hayden
Hurd Hatfield
Mantan Moreland
Miles Malleson
Pete Postlethwaite
Will Wright

I apologize if I missed some other person posting any of these names.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, midwestan said:

Tons of cartoon characters:  George, Jane, and Judy Jetson, Fred Flintstone, Daffy Duck, Woody Woodpecker, Donald Duck, Mickey and Minnie Mouse, Porky and Petunia Pig, and the iconic cartoon king of comedy...Bugs Bunny!

BOO BOO BEAR !   

And comics characters too.  Like;

BEETLE BAILEY

SNUFFY SMITH

KRAZY KAT

Sepiatone

• Like 1
1 hour ago, SansFin said:

Bebe Berto 

If you do not recognize the name: she played "Zee Zee" in: The Devil's Sleep (1949).

So Sans, any idea if Bebe got the part of Zee Zee because the producer thought of how cool that would be to cast it that way?

(...ya know, I've heard alliteration was especially quite trendy back in 1949)

1 hour ago, Dargo said:

So Sans, any idea if Bebe got the part of Zee Zee because the producer thought of how cool that would be to cast it that way?

(...ya know, I've heard alliteration was especially quite trendy back in 1949)

I can not speak to the creative instincts of producer/director W. Merle Connell. I do note that the nature of his other movies and their ratings on IMDb.com does not inspire confidence in his intellectual wiles. 

There is a notable exception. Tomb Itmay Concern (1950) has a slightly imaginative title. The movie has been given the synopsis: "An archaeologist and his assistant discover two female mummies in an Egyptian tomb with a warning in hieroglyphics not to wet them with the water in an urn. When they do, one mummy gets up to hi-jinks, while the other, Princess Itmay, does a burlesque dance." I may be optimistic but I have to believe that watching it might well be eleven minutes well spent.

• Haha 1
23 minutes ago, SansFin said:

...There is a notable exception. Tomb Itmay Concern (1950) has a slightly imaginative title... while the other, Princess Itmay, does a burlesque dance." I may be optimistic but I have to believe that watching it might well be eleven minutes well spent.

LOL

Well YEAH! And especially if ya like burlesque. ;)

And speaking of which, here's Princess Itmay herself! The very star of this film, burlesque queen Inez Claire...

Burlesque dancer: Inez Claire - a Limber dancer - YouTube

(...btw Sans, I was sure you were pullin' my leg about this film and makin' this all up UNTIL I researched this whole thing)

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Dargo said:

LOL

Well YEAH! And especially if ya like burlesque. ;)

And speaking of which, here's Princess Itmay herself! The very star of this film, burlesque queen Inez Claire...

Burlesque dancer: Inez Claire - a Limber dancer - YouTube

(...btw Sans, I was sure you were pullin' my leg about this film and makin' this all up UNTIL I searched this whole thing)

I have noticed now that one of the other characters in this movie is: Prof. Joseph Josephus Josavich. 

The only other alliterative character which I can quickly find in his movies is: Hal Holmes in: The Devil's Sleep (1949).

He did employ actress/dancer: Amalia Aguilar in: Rhumba Amalia (1947) and:  A Night at the Follies (1947). 

Re: My pulling your leg. I used some time ago the toss-away line: "The word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary." It apparently did not even give you pause. I vowed then to zing one over your head so high you would not even suspect you got got. This requires time and stealth. I must first lull you into a sense of security. When you become fully convinced of my perfect sincerity is when I can creep in and mess with your mind. 😉

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, SansFin said:

I have noticed now that one of the other characters in this movie is: Prof. Joseph Josephus Josavich. 

The only other alliterative character which I can quickly find in his movies is: Hal Holmes in: The Devil's Sleep (1949).

He did employ actress/dancer: Amalia Aguilar in: Rhumba Amalia (1947) and:  A Night at the Follies (1947). 

Re: My pulling your leg. I used some time ago the toss-away line: "The word 'gullible' is not in the dictionary." It apparently did not even give you pause. I vowed then to zing one over your head so high you would not even suspect you got got. This requires time and stealth. I must first lull you into a sense of security. When you become fully convinced of my perfect sincerity is when I can creep in and mess with your mind. 😉

So, forewarned is forearmed, ya know. Thanks for the warning.  ;)

Hey, and speakin' of "forearms" AND alliterations...Did you know Popeye's real last name was Popadokis? 

Uh-huh, apparently the guy was Greek.

(...considered this one a preemptive shot across the bow)

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Dargo said:

So, forewarned is forearmed, ya know. Thanks for the warning.  ;)

Hey, and speakin' of "Forearms" AND alliterations...Did you know Popeye's real last name was Popadocus? 

Uh-huh, apparently the guy was Greek.

(...considered this one a preemptive shot across the bow)

I am very sorry but I do not consider that to be a 'shot across the bow'. It is more of a pop-gun salute.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SansFin said:

I am very sorry but I do not consider that to be a 'shot across the bow'. It is more of a pop-gun salute.

Yeah, maybe, but then again that last Moderna shot I got has left me a little weak of late.  ;)

(...but don't worry, I'm feelin' stronger day by day)

• Like 1

Barry Bostwick
Brigitte Bardot
Claudia Cardinale
Fyvush Finkel
Malcolm McDowell
Nichelle Nichols
Ron Rifkin
Soupy Sales
Susan Sarandon

S.Z. Sakall

• Like 1
7 hours ago, slaytonf said:

Maybe because I did not make my original post in the form of a question. 

Aaaah, so THAT'S why it wasn't also put in, ahem, Jeopardy! of being moved to the other forum too, eh slayton?!  ;)

(...ya know, I was wonderin' about that) 

1 hour ago, slaytonf said:

I was sure of the category, Dargo.

Is that your final answer?

(...oh...wait...different quiz show, huh)  ;)