Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

January 6th Committee

Bogie56

On 5/17/2021 at 8:06 PM, mr6666 said:

-_-

With Respect to that Politico Quote there..

... ..Honestly.. ...

.so long as All Involved Come with Their Hands Washed, ..Their Pants Zipped Up. .. and Their Respective Constituent Heads Screwed- --On Straight..

- it would NOT Take Much Digging .. ... At All.

35 Republicans defy Kevin McCarthy and Mitch McConnell and vote with ALL House Democrats in FAVOR of forming a 9/11-style commission into the January 6. Capitol riot 

Thirty-five Republicans defied House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and top GOP leaders and voted with Democrats on a bill that would form a 9/11-style commission to investigate the January 6 Capitol riot. They included recently-ousted conference chair Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, John Katko and Carlos Gimenez . The final vote tally Wednesday evening was 252-175, which was announced on the floor by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi as she banged her gavel. In the run-up to the vote, a handful of Republicans came to the floor and pleaded with their colleagues to vote for the bill. 'I beg you to pass this bill,' said Rep. John Katko, the New York Republican who negotiated with Democrats to get the bill finished. 'My friends on both sides of the aisle. I welcome honest, vigorous and civil debate. At the end of the day I strongly believe this is a fair and necessary legislation.' He received applause on the House floor after naming the police officers who died on January 6 and in the immediate aftermath, and other officers who've publicly recounted what they experienced. 'I want these officers and their families to know that we are doing it not for us. And not for politics. We are doing it for them,' Katko said. 'We are doing it for them.' Katko's work had been blown up when House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy announced Tuesday he would not support the legislation - and GOP Whip Steve Scalise told Republican lawmakers not to vote for it. Earlier Wednesday, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell also said he was against the bill. 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2021 at 6:30 PM, Bogie56 said:

The very first person they should call to testify under oath should be private citizen Donald Trump.

Sadly, it will never happen. Old GRANDMA has killed it in the Senate. Disgusting POS! (BOTH)

• Thanks 1

There needs to be a HOUSE "commission" or committee to investigate it starting Monday.

Or else Senate needs to reject filibuster rules and just go 51-50 on all issues and pass the commission bill.   Just do it and tell two Dem senators to get on board.

It is obvious that the Republicans have no intention of cooperating with Democrats on any issue now or in the future.  Only exceptions are those that directly benefit Republican districts or states or Republican benefactors.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm sure it will happen soon after the Senate vote (House commission) Just ridiculous. It will be just like Obama. GOP has no intention of cooperating on anything. They are just looking toward the next elections as they always are. They have no plans or ideas about anything. The NOTHING party.

• Like 1

The Democrats agreed to share the commission 50/50 with the Party that caused the insurrection and that still wasn't good enough.

As BTC puts it, giving the Republicans equal control of the Jan 6 Commission is like giving the Nazis a seat at the table of the Nuremberg trials.

In his column in the Washington Post today, Max Boot speculates that we are better off without this 50/50 Commission as the Republicans show no good faith anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like no commission.   Oh, well.   We will still get the information from the trials or guilty pleas from those charged with crimes associated with January 6th. 

It appears most defendants will use the defense of;  Donald made me do it!

• Haha 2

• Bogie56 changed the title to January 6th Committee