Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

just how can the country move on when the democrats are so unwilling to forget about Trump themselves?

 

 

Apparently you listen to the same talk radio that a friend of mine does.  The Democrats are not talking about Trump all that much.  It is Trump and the Republicans who are talking about Trump.   What the Democrats are talking about that the Republicans are trying to hide from is the Jan. 6 Insurrection and attempt to overthrow the honestly elected government of the United States.  It demands an investigation, but the Republicans are scared to death of the results.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Apparently you listen to the same talk radio that a friend of mine does.  The Democrats are not talking about Trump all that much.  It is Trump and the Republicans who are talking about Trump.   What the Democrats are talking about that the Republicans are trying to hide from is the Jan. 6 Insurrection and attempt to overthrow the honestly elected government of the United States.  It demands an investigation, but the Republicans are scared to death of the results.

What do you think will be learned about what happened in DC on Jan. 6th that isn't already known,  or will be known based on the outcome of the various DOJ investigations, plea deals,   and trial testimony?    

Of course the GOP is trying to hide from what happened that day (i.e. reduce media coverage to zero).    But if the GOP is trying to hide from what happened it means that most people know what happened (GOPers just don't wish to admit to it).

  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What do you think will be learned about what happened in DC on Jan. 6th that isn't already known,  or will be known based on the outcome of the various DOJ investigations, plea deals,   and trial testimony?    

Of course the GOP is trying to hide from what happened that day (i.e. reduce media coverage to zero).    But if the GOP is trying to hide from what happened it means that most people know what happened (GOPers just don't wish to admit to it).

  

What if any culpability did GOP politicos have in connection with setting up Jan 6th?  What tune was Trump fiddling in the WH when the insurrection was occurring?  Do these people still regard the insurrectionists as 'patriots'?

Let's hear Trump under oath tell us how the election was rigged and what he hoped to accomplish on Jan. 6.  At the moment 30% of Americans are fine with the insurrection because of bogus propaganda.  

As Lincoln said, what's the point of condemning all of the privates and corporals while the generals who gave the orders are not exposed.

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hibi said:

What about the lack of security? PLENTY to learn from this!

Good point,  but how much of this Dem lead committee will focus on that?  I suspect little unless they can tie lack of security too some insider type conspiracy.   E.g.  head of Capital Police was ordered to look-the-other-way by an official member of the Trump admin.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

What do you think will be learned about what happened in DC on Jan. 6th that isn't already known,  or will be known based on the outcome of the various DOJ investigations, plea deals,   and trial testimony?    

Of course the GOP is trying to hide from what happened that day (i.e. reduce media coverage to zero).    But if the GOP is trying to hide from what happened it means that most people know what happened (GOPers just don't wish to admit to it).

  

Hopefully a thorough investigation would provide names and organizations that encouraged or otherwise supported the insurrection.

Then the findings could be released in a much broader method than DOJ is likely to do.  

The GOPers are doing everything they can to make sure as few people as possible know the truth or who was involved and how it was carried out.  Specifically, they do not wish to risk losing one moderate or independent voter or one dollar of funding from individuals or corporations.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Good point,  but how much of this Dem lead committee will focus on that?  I suspect little unless they can tie lack of security too some insider type conspiracy.   E.g.  head of Capital Police was ordered to look-the-other-way by an official member of the Trump admin.

 

They can also point out that GOP control of Congress led to underfunding, training and staffing of Capitol Police.  The Trump/McConnel/McCarthy tax cuts and other measures contributed to this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ElCid said:

Hopefully a thorough investigation would provide names and organizations that encouraged or otherwise supported the insurrection.

Then the findings could be releases in a much broader method that DOJ is likely to do.  

The GOPers are doing everything they can to make sure as few people as possible know the truth or who was involved and how it was carried out.  Specifically, they do not wish to risk losing one moderate or independent voter or one dollar of funding from individuals or corporations.

The DOJ is already investigating organizations like the Proud Boys and OathKeepers and I have either filed charges or are about too with regards to groups that organized and encouraged the talking over of the Capital.     In fact a Dem member of the Congress commented on CNN that Congress can't go deeply into these areas until any criminals investigations are completed.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

The DOJ is already investigating organizations like the Proud Boys and OathKeepers and I have either filed charges or are about too with regards to groups that organized and encouraged the talking over of the Capital.     In fact a Dem member of the Congress commented on CNN that Congress can't go deeply into these areas until any criminals investigations are completed.

 

 

Still say that a Congressional investigation would be more open than what DOJ does.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ElCid said:

Still say that a Congressional investigation would be more open than what DOJ does.  

Exactly.  We may never know what the Justice Department has found out about who was behind the insurrection as they may decide they don't have quite enough to prosecute.  Trump may not go to prison because he gleefully watched television instead of doing something to stop the insurrection but it would be good for the public to know ALL about it.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, mr6666 said:

<_<

What "House select committee" is this referring too?     It doesn't appear to be the committee that will investigate January 6th.    Based on the latest reporting I have seen Cheney has been asked by Pelosi to join,  but McCarthy can offer up the other Republicans House members.    Pelosi can override any of McCarthy choices but Pelosi hasn't said if she would reject anyone that voted in support of Trump and the big-lie.      

Kinzinger said he would accept a seat on the Jan 6th committee,  but hasn't been asked to by Pelosi or McCarthy (and I highly doubt McCarthy will select Kinzinger based on what Kinzinger said about McCarthy yesterday).

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

As for Jim Jordan getting on the Jan 6th committee: Pelosi can override any of McCarthy selection but Pelosi hasn't said if she would reject anyone that voted in support of Trump and the big-lie or against the bipartisan Jan 6th committee.       

McCarthy threated he would remove any GOP member of the House from their committee assignments if they joined the Jan 6th committee at the invite of Pelosi.

This is why Cheney is IN:   she was already stripped of her most important committee assignment,  and is willing to risk McCarthy removing her from lesser committees.       Kinzinger just mocked McCarthy,  which to me says,  if Pelosi asked,  he would accept,  as a way to force McCarthy to take yet another stand in support of the traitor Trump.

Therefore unless Pelosi accepts some of McCarthy selections (which are highly likely to only be those that voted that the election was corrupt and voted against a bipartisan Jan 6th committee ),   there will only be Cheney and Kinzinger on the committee along with 11 Dems.

Edit:   Before I said a total of 8 members on the committee but that was mistaken.      The total count is 13,  with Pelosi able to select 8 and McCarthy able to put forth 5 members (that Pelosi must approve).          

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

The crowd was unbelievable': Trump praises Capitol rioters as 'patriots' who showed 'spirit and faith and love' during insurrection and slams police shooting of 'innocent, wonderful' Ashli Babbitt

45321881-0-image-a-3_1626040118383.jpg

Ex-President Trump praised his supporters who stormed the US Capitol on January 6 as 'great people' who were 'patriots' while condemning the fatal shooting of 'innocent' Ashli Babbitt.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bogie56 said:

The crowd was unbelievable': Trump praises Capitol rioters as 'patriots' who showed 'spirit and faith and love' during insurrection and slams police shooting of 'innocent, wonderful' Ashli Babbitt

45321881-0-image-a-3_1626040118383.jpg

Ex-President Trump praised his supporters who stormed the US Capitol on January 6 as 'great people' who were 'patriots' while condemning the fatal shooting of 'innocent' Ashli Babbitt.

And war is peace, hate is love, etc. etc. etc.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, NipkowDisc said:

it is not they who call for defunding of police but your side.

:P

Biden just gave a ton of money to local police forces with the Relief bill.  The bill that not one Republican signed.

You've been informed of this before but for some reason it hasn't registered.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bogie56 said:

Biden just gave a ton of money to local police forces with the Relief bill.  The bill that not one Republican signed.

You've been informed of this before but for some reason it hasn't registered.

Probably due to his Kool -Aid addled brain!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/25/2021 at 9:50 AM, jamesjazzguitar said:

The DOJ is already investigating organizations like the Proud Boys and OathKeepers and I have either filed charges or are about too with regards to groups that organized and encouraged the talking over of the Capital.     In fact a Dem member of the Congress commented on CNN that Congress can't go deeply into these areas until any criminals investigations are completed.

 

 

One last thing that needs to be investigated.  Who among GOP Congress members or their staffers may have led “tourist groups” in the Capitol Bldg.  or otherwise provided its blueprints/floor plans or reconnaissance information in the days immediately prior to January 6!!  This is something All Americans should know!!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2021 at 2:12 PM, Bogie56 said:

Insider gossip on CNN has Jughead Jordan leading the GOP contingent.  

UGH. Hope Nancy vetoes him. He wont be there to find answers. Just showboating!

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...