Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What alcoholic beverage...Which movie?

How about a drinking game? Name an alcoholic beverage, and players try to come up with a movie in which said libation appeared... or was ordered... or consumed... or mentioned.

For example, White Russian

= THE BIG LEBOWSKI

I will try to get the (high) ball rolling with

Cointreau

Casablanca -- French 75.  A cocktail that the Germans order includes Cointreau orange liqueur  

Next:  martini

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, Peebs said:

Casablanca -- French 75.  A cocktail that the Germans order includes Cointreau orange liqueur  

Next:  martini

Sorry Peebs, as Maxwell Smart might say, you just missed, but not by much. Casablanca is the correct movie but Cointreau is ordered by Paul Henreid ("Two Cointreau please") for himself and Ingrid Bergman. 

In Casablanca, the French 75's are ordered by Madeleine LeBeau.  Cointreau is not an ingredient in a French 75, the sweetness comes from simple syrup. In the old days, plain bar sugar was often used.

Next: martini

47 minutes ago, Herman Bricks said:

Sorry Peebs, as Maxwell Smart might say, you just missed, but not by much. Casablanca is the correct movie but Cointreau is ordered by Paul Henreid ("Two Cointreau please") for himself and Ingrid Bergman. 

In Casablanca, the French 75's are ordered by Madeleine LeBeau.  Cointreau is not an ingredient in a French 75, the sweetness comes from simple syrup. In the old days, plain bar sugar was often used.

Full disclosure, I had looked up the answer.  I guess I got some bad info:  12 Iconic Movie Drinks (businessinsider.com). I think I'm in over my head with this category.  Cheers! 🍹

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Peebs said:

Full disclosure, I had looked up the answer.  I guess I got some bad info:  12 Iconic Movie Drinks (businessinsider.com) .  I think I'm in over my head with this category.  Cheers!    

Cheers Peebs! Business Insider has some good articles, and this one is mostly good. The 4 to 1 ratio of whisky to vermouth for a Mnhattan in the article is a more glaring error!

• Like 1

Pal Joey - "That's what I like...champagne that fights back" said by Frank Sinatra as him and Rita Hayworth have a glass of champagne. 

Next: bourbon 

• Like 1

Love with the Proper Stranger (1963)  Natalie Wood offers Steve McQueen a drink in her new apartment but is a little inexperienced.  McQueen corrects her, "Zelda...Gin and Tonic, yes. Vodka and Tonic, yes. Scotch and Tonic, no."

Next:  Elderberry wine

• Like 2
9 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

An Affair To Remember - Cary and Deborah drink Pink Champagne

next: Scotch

MOONSTRUCK (1987) Nicholas Cage and Cher get to know each other over coffee and a few glasses of J&B Scotch.

JB-Scotch-Whisky-in-Moonstruck-1-800x441.jpg

Next: "Champagne, cold as Valley Forge with three ponies of brandy beneath it."

• Like 1

Sorry for the double post Peebs!

I'll play your Elderberry Wine, how about ARSENIC and OLD LACE (1944). 

See the source image

Next: "Champagne, cold as Valley Forge with three ponies of brandy beneath it."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi, I thought Claude Rains' dinner in the THE INVISIBLE MAN included an ale, but the video evidence is inconclusive. But I do have Paul Rudd in  KNOCKED UP (2007) drinking a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale.

Sierra-Nevada-Pale-Ale-and-Paul-Rudd-in-Knocked-Up-800x433.jpg

Next:

"White Tavern Whisky. Get it at Johnny's."