Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

15 minutes ago, LonesomePolecat said:

That is such a great schedule! As a big Noir fan I would love to attend your Noir park.  Great creative schedules here that I wish I had come up with such as Thelma Ritter’s character as Guest Programmer. Love the tribute to Jack Cardiff, Charles Laughton, radio show tie ins (a huge source for movie stories and stars back then), sell outs, etc—lots of great stuff in here. The “are you buying this accent” cracked me up. That could be a whole month—my vote would be hosted by Dick Van Dyke, then maybe he can explain his MARY POPPINS “accent”.

Love the animal tie in with owners, especially mentioning William S. Hart’s beloved horse. Next time you guys vacation the LA area you should check out William S. Hart’s house in Santa Clarita which features his horse in many paintings and photos. Apparently he was a great stunt horse who did amazing stuff. It’s a must visit location for TCM fans.

I had no idea William S. Hart's house was a tourist attraction (and tribute to his horse!) A must-visit on my next LA trip.

3 minutes ago, lydecker said:

I had no idea William S. Hart's house was a tourist attraction (and tribute to his horse!) A must-visit on my next LA trip.

I didn't either til a few years ago we were googling free museums nearby. It's a cool house anyway with beautiful architecture and western art, then the tour guides tell interesting stories, and it's always free because William S. Hart wanted to give back to the community. Here's the link:

https://hartmuseum.org/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LonesomePolecat said:

That is such a great schedule! As a big Noir fan I would love to attend your Noir park.  Great creative schedules here that I wish I had come up with such as Thelma Ritter’s character as Guest Programmer. Love the tribute to Jack Cardiff, Charles Laughton, radio show tie ins (a huge source for movie stories and stars back then), sell outs, etc—lots of great stuff in here. The “are you buying this accent” cracked me up. That could be a whole month—my vote would be hosted by Dick Van Dyke, then maybe he can explain his MARY POPPINS “accent”.

Love the animal tie in with owners, especially mentioning William S. Hart’s beloved horse. Next time you guys vacation the LA area you should check out William S. Hart’s house in Santa Clarita which features his horse in many paintings and photos. Apparently he was a great stunt horse who did amazing stuff. It’s a must visit location for TCM fans.

I was going to include Dick Van Dyke, but thought that the "no Disney" thing obviated using it.  It does win the award for the worst, as he himself admits.  On the other hand, as a kid, who the hell knew?

30 minutes ago, overeasy said:

I was going to include Dick Van Dyke, but thought that the "no Disney" thing obviated using it.  It does win the award for the worst, as he himself admits.  On the other hand, as a kid, who the hell knew?

Yeah you're absolutely right--Disney would never give out the rights to MARY POPPINS (although sometimes we program it anyway--shhhhhh!). I love the movie but I must confess I was the toddler who could tell Dick Van Dyke's accent was bad, as my babysitter reported to my parents. :)