Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is not exactly a gay topic but any fans of Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis should google to find the recent photos that have surfaced in which the comedy duo is shown taking a shower together. Dino goes full frontal but Jerry keeps a hand over his private.   The pictures were part of a 2018 Sotheby’s auction of items belonging to Frank Branda, Jerry Lewis’s driver and assistant. The auction description listed “4 candid photographs of Lewis and Martin in a steam room and shower, Lewis posing modestly, Martin less so.”  Of course TCM will never let me post them here.   My question is why were the photos taken?    You can read the story and see the photos at Brian Ferrari's Blog

• Thanks 1

Thanks, Jaragon.  I took a peek!  I came away wondering the same thing...why would they be photographed nude in the shower/bath house setting?  There’s a very light-hearted, relaxed feel to them.  I guess we’ll never know the backstory.  They certainly look authentic, as well.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2021 at 4:07 PM, darrylfxanax said:

Thanks, Jaragon.  I took a peek!  I came away wondering the same thing...why would they be photographed nude in the shower/bath house setting?  There’s a very light-hearted, relaxed feel to them.  I guess we’ll never know the backstory.  They certainly look authentic, as well.

Martin and Lewis were close friends and obviously comfortable- my take on this could be that the photographer took the full body shot for himself- I mean that would never have appeared in Life in the 1950's but if you go to the Life archives web site is filled with photos of naked athletes in the locker room . There is even a photo of Pat Boone taking a shower! We might think that was a more repressive era but they seem to have no issues with male nudity