Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SEIVOM NI SECNALUBMA

NoShear

Mother, Jugs & Speed is said to have been released forty-five years ago on this date. It's said to have been based on the so-called ambulance wars of Los Angeles as well. Two of those then-real life L. A. ambulance companies are mentioned in the 1976 movie if I'm not mistaken. The pair is seen here in a pair of other movies. I will let the cognoscenti of the TCM Message Boards identify the following films:

tamdoc2.927.jpg                

snap583.jpg

The movie's plot is a fictional account of 2 independent ambulance companies, F+B / Unity to win a city contract for providing  service to a territory within Los Angeles. 

Think you're confusing a so called war (by which no information can be found) vs competition.

There is a company called the Unity Volunteer Ambulance Corporation for NON emergency transport but has nothing to do with the one in the film.

Standard movie disclaimer...The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this production are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Re: "The movie's plot is a fictional account of 2 independent ambulance companies, F+B / Unity to win a city contract for providing  service to a territory within Los Angeles. 

Think you're confusing a so called war (by which no information can be found) vs competition."

No, I'm not confusing the fiction of Mother, Jugs & Speed with its so-called inspiration. In fact, the big two ambulance companies in Los Angeles at that time, GOODHEW and Schaefer's, are both mentioned in the movie if I'm not mistaken.

1 hour ago, hamradio said:

Re: "Think you're confusing a so called war (by which no information can be found) vs competition."

You didn't look very hard:

https://www.newspressnow.com/news/crazy-antics-of-ambulance-wars-thrived-in-st-joseph/article_feb638e6-0b1e-5024-a9bd-f9d19e40a237.html

https://www.heraldnet.com/news/retired-paramedic-turned-on-the-job-experiences-into-fiction/ 

!!!!!

7 hours ago, NoShear said:

Yes, I Google ambulance wars and nothing came up.  The News-Press Now link would had been helpful on your OP.

That story sounds like the New York firefighters during the 1800's.

Competition was "heated".