Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Trap (1966), Rita Tushingham and Oliver Reed

I was so surprised to see this film turn up on TCM's list of Friday afternoon outdoor adventure films! Has it EVER aired on TCM before? I ask because it's a favorite film of mine (Rita and Oliver Reed at their best) and a couple years ago I asked a friend if she could locate a copy ANYWHERE. She finally found me a digital copy but with German subtitles....and I have thought it a treasure to have because I haven't found it anywhere else! Anyone know how it found it's way to TCM and will it be regularly available now?? Thanks!

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, RainbowGlow said:

I was so surprised to see this film turn up on TCM's list of Friday afternoon outdoor adventure films! Has it EVER aired on TCM before? I ask because it's a favorite film of mine (Rita and Oliver Reed at their best) and a couple years ago I asked a friend if she could locate a copy ANYWHERE. She finally found me a digital copy but with German subtitles....and I have thought it a treasure to have because I haven't found it anywhere else! Anyone know how it found it's way to TCM and will it be regularly available now?? Thanks!

Per MovieCollectorOH's list, it appears to be a TCM premiere this month.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

Per MovieCollectorOH's list, it appears to be a TCM premiere this month.

Very Interesting! Debuting without much fanfare.  Where do I find MovieCollectorOH's List, please?

6 hours ago, RainbowGlow said:

Yes. Tcm has played it; Many Mny, many many many (many) many times (and times) before.. ...for years (and years) and years...

_

~ 🙄. ~

• Confused 2

Well, if TCM has played it many times before, did they play it in letterbox or the way they showed it the other day?  Because after the opening letterbox titles it reverted to flatscreen  format before switching back to full letterbox only for the end titles.

Really annoying.

Love "The Trap". .  I have a poor quality DVD recording of it made from a VHS tape.  Saw it  on TV many years ago but don't remember TCM ever showing it .

When was it on previously?

4 hours ago, johnpressman said:

Love "The Trap". .  I have a poor quality DVD recording of it made from a VHS tape.  Saw it  on TV many years ago but don't remember TCM ever showing it .

When was it on previously?

The Trap was a TCM Premiere - not shown previously.

To be aware of other initial showings, follow that forum:

• Like 1