Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Movies are going to the dogs.

hamradio

9 minutes ago, Aritosthenes said:

So.. ...May i Enquire (unless i missunderstand Your Impetus of this particular post); may i Enquire What Your Beef With Denis is ? ..

It's a stupid boring remake!

Enough to make a baby worm puke without help.

wateroflife.jpg

(oh that's why men DIED, realized at the last moment what they were consuming :o:lol:)

30 minutes ago, hamradio said:

wateroflife.jpg

(oh that's why men DIED, realized at the last moment what they were consuming :o:lol:)

Youve Already Seen Dune,? And Yet it Comes Out Oct 1 of this year ? .???..... ..

🤔😬🤔🤔🤔🤔

How Does it End. (?).

33 minutes ago, hamradio said:

wateroflife.jpg

Maybe it Is Dumber than Fudge in Antarctica and Maybe it isnt..

It Just Seems For the Time Being,

- Presumptuous and Premature when it doesn't drop yet for +two months...

😬😐😬😬😬

8 minutes ago, hamradio said:

That trailer was enough for me.

Well.. ...Perhaps it IS a Smouldering Heap Of Junk..

..that Said... Denis is Not in the business of Making Junk (though)...

Arrival. Enemy. And Blade Runner 2049 are, - TRANSCENDENTAL,.

(And In All Genuine Sincerity; id be Interested to hear thoughts to the Contrary for Any of these...

_

Should be Added Though.. ...with Respect to the "reliability".. ...of Directors and Such...

While Divisive..

... i DO Like Snyder.....      ..

but..

army of the dead is NOT one of his best films.

17 hours ago, hamradio said:

Now Disney is working on an "Ursella" movie, what I've seen so far....just keep that one old school animated.  Yikes!

Does EVERYTHING need to be brought to life?

Yes, because there is some kind of Disney rule...some contingency that dictates no new animated movie can be made with any classic Disney animated charactor. So making any new movie depicting any classic Disney charactors must be made with real people.

I call it lazy. Apparently writing any new charactor movie is too hard or too much a gamble for success. Walt Disney thrived on creative challenges, poor man would be spinning in his grave if he saw what happened to his innovative, creative legacy.

Why not animate the excellent pit bull story IT'S A DOG'S LIFE '55:

1052349321_tp.jpg

...or 1931's kid film SKIPPY:

skippyphoto.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=2

Maybe because they don't find real life dramatic enough anymore, it just has to be over-the-top evil. Nice influencer, that DisneyCorp.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The main problem with modern films is there is no imagination, creativity, concepts.  A huge production cost does not mean a great film.  There are novels with great themes not yet produced i.e. "Mutant 59 The Plastic Eaters".

Imagine a genetically altered microbe that consumes ANY type of plastic - civilization would be brought to it's knees.

Know what's scary - scientist are actually thinking about doing such to get rid of garbage in the oceans. Oh they don't think it (micobes) will STAY there?? 

https://www.popsci.com/plastic-eating-bacteria/

:o

816QOBGn6QL.jpg

Edited by hamradio
Typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

Yes, because there is some kind of Disney rule...some contingency that dictates no new animated movie can be made with any classic Disney animated charactor. So making any new movie depicting any classic Disney charactors must be made with real people.

I call it lazy. Apparently writing any new charactor movie is too hard or too much a gamble for success. Walt Disney thrived on creative challenges, poor man would be spinning in his grave if he saw what happened to his innovative, creative legacy.

1052349321_tp.jpg

That is an English bull terrier, like the one once owned by General Patton.

Quite vicious. :lol:

91ayeJlKnoL.jpg

19 hours ago, TikiSoo said:

1052349321_tp.jpg

...or 1931's kid film SKIPPY:

skippyphoto.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=2

Maybe because they don't find real life dramatic enough anymore, it just has to be over-the-top evil. Nice influencer, that DisneyCorp.

You bring up a good point.  Rather than the now traditional "mission creep", perhaps they are cognizant of this (you and I both know damn well they are), and this is them drawing a line and so forth...  Anyway it seems like something a high level evil influencer would do.

18 hours ago, hamradio said:

That is an English bull terrier, like the one once owned by General Patton.

Quite vicious. 

"Pit" bull terriers are any breed that was used in dog pit fighting. Staffordshires, Bulls, all types & mixes were used.

In IT'S A DOG'S LIFE movie, a Bull Terrier was the star and he spent time fighting in the Pit, as did his Dad. I saw the movie as an allegory of immigrants  assimilating into US culture. It certainly would be a topical movie for Disney to animate.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings