Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Actor Gavin MacLeod (1931-2021)

6 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

I used to watch The Love Boat in its first run in the 70s and maybe a bit in the early 80s.  That was a memorable show.  Not great writing, but it never pretended to be.  It was all about meeting people and exploring, and we met plenty of stars.

Back a ways, at an undisclosed point in time for the sake of these public message boards, I had cancer myself.  I was scheduled for a life-saving operation.  I stayed there the night before.   I had my laptop and Netflix (in its infancy - using someone else's account) in the hospital.  This was the first time I had ever tried it.  What did I want to see?  Out of the choices, it quickly became clear - I wanted to watch some old episodes of Love Boat to reminisce.  That was very nice to have at the time.  Anyhow these days I am doing well and will be watching some episodes on Pluto TV to remember.

RIP, Captain (as I knew Gavin MacLeod) 

The Love Boat was a fun show. I was heartbroken when Lauren Tewes was fired at the end of the 7th season. Her replacement Pat Klous didn't have the same kind of charm or personality. Fortunately Miss Tewes mended fences with Mr. Spelling and she came back for a guest spot in the 9th season. And she returned full time for the five TV movie specials that followed.

On 5/29/2021 at 5:20 PM, TopBilled said:

He also has a fun guest-starring role on The Andy Griffith Show.

He was in two episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. The first was when it was still Black & White & Don Knotts was still there. A gang comes to town pretending to be a film crew to scope out & rob the bank. Of course Barney thinks it’s his big break in show biz but Andy figures out their ulterior motive. The second was when the show was in color and Andy, Opie & Aunt Bee go the Hollywood to visit the set where a movie of Andy’s life is being filmed “Sheriff Without a Gun” and MacLeod plays the fictional Andy but is a really over the top thespian. LOL 

2 hours ago, HelenBaby2 said:

He was in two episodes of The Andy Griffith Show. The first was when it was still Black & White & Don Knotts was still there. A gang comes to town pretending to be a film crew to scope out & rob the bank. Of course Barney thinks it’s his big break in show biz but Andy figures out their ulterior motive. The second was when the show was in color and Andy, Opie & Aunt Bee go the Hollywood to visit the set where a movie of Andy’s life is being filmed “Sheriff Without a Gun” and MacLeod plays the fictional Andy but is a really over the top thespian. LOL 

I'd forgotten about the first appearance. The second one, where he played "Andy" in Hollywood is the one I remember and it was very funny.