Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frank Sinatra believed Marilyn Monroe was murdered, former manager claims in book

JakeHolman

Of course with Frank being on the outs with JFK at the time and due to feeling snubbed by the whole "Sorry Frank, but I've changed my mind about visiting you at your Palm Springs home" affair, would have had no bearing at all on Frank's mindset at the time, huh.

(...and with this of course not even factoring into it the thought and as ham just noted here, that this is called "hearsay")

• Like 2

It's been a popular theory for years involving RFK as a suspect.  I'd be more curious to know what Joe DiMaggio thought.  Personally I don't believe it.  Yes the Kennedy brothers used and abused women and killed one in an accident, but to straight up murder Monroe I don't buy.  They were playboys not murderers.  Monroe was sadly in a bad place in her final days.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

A lot of people in Hollywood (then and now) believe she was murdered. Plenty of evidence pointing to a cover up in the years since. But since the county didn't want to pay to open up a new inquiry it will always remain a mystery. Everyone involved is dead now.

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

A lot of people in Hollywood (then and now) believe she was murdered. Plenty of evidence pointing to a cover up in the years since. But since the county didn't want to pay to open up a new inquiry it will always remain a mystery. Everyone involved is dead now.

That's true. I think she was likely murdered, i just don't know by whom....

2 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

That's true. I think she was likely murdered, i just don't know by whom....

I'm surprised you would form an opinion based on such limited information.    

Oh, well,  that is what most people do.      My goal is to be agnostic as possible about almost everything,  but especially items I realize all  I have is 3rd hand (at best),  information on.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

I'm surprised you would form an opinion based on such limited information.    

Oh, well,  that is what most people do.      My goal is to be agnostic as possible about almost everything,  but especially items I realize all  I have is 3rd hand (at best),  information on.

I only base it on something Monroe said when she was still alive. The subject of suicide came up once, and she said if she did itt she would be in a long white gown and arrange herself perfectly before she passed, while the crime scene itself was unkept and she wasn't wearing the gown. It just seems too far from what she had said she would do had she done it.

2 minutes ago, CinemaInternational said:

I only base it on something Monroe said when she was still alive. The subject of suicide came up once, and she said if she did itt she would be in a long white gown and arrange herself perfectly before she passed, while the crime scene itself was unkept and she wasn't wearing the gown. It just seems too far from what she had said she would do had she done it.

John Huston would have said she committed suicide only if she was showing her breast when found dead.     She really wanted Huston to show her breast in her final film,  The Misfits,  since she was really proud of them (according to the Huston book I'm reading).       The point being her statement about the long white gown isn't enough for me to hang my hat on.     I'm sure you also understand that someone's comments about committing suicide in a moment of relatively stable mental health,  and what one  might do when facing actual suicidal depression doesn't really say much.

• Like 2

th?id=OP.V5Rrav1CKpAnAw474C474&o=5&pid=2

I was given this book and at first found it a macabre choice for a gift. It turned out to be a fascinating look at Marilyn's life, focusing on her last week & few days leaving you to form your own opinion. But I also know you can persuade people in any direction depending on what you say/leave out. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, LuckyDan said:

She had enough booze and pills to kill a horse and no one looking after her to keep her from abusing them. If anyone wanted her dead all they had to do was let her be and wait for it to happen. 

True, but "they" didn't want to wait that long. She was sleeping with the president and his brother........

Yup, we're all entitled to our opinions.

But, as Rick said to Ilsa, it doesn't mean they amount to a hill of beans.

Unless you have some pertinent new information to the subject involved, it's all just talk.

3 hours ago, Roy Cronin said:

To me those who insist she was not murdered have no more credibility than those who believe she was. 

As noted, we are all allowed to form our own opinions, scoldings aside.

I agree with this.   All I can add is that we are all allowed to not form any opinion.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hibi said:

Another good book on Marilyn's last days (and her life) was a book called Goddess (I think) by Anthony Summers. Came out maybe 20- 25 years ago.

It is very good i bought it then i think there was a backlash or a ban on it in the USA,a documentary was broadcast in Canada then but was not shown in the USA because of the content,it was around 1985-1988,the best book on her last days. imo

Yes, I read it when it came out and it was very good and well researched. Over 600 pages, I think. I don't recall any ban. It was a bestseller and I remember seeing him on talk shows promoting it. I wish, though, he hadn't included a picture of MM from the morgue. :(

5 hours ago, Roy Cronin said:

To me those who insist she was not murdered have no more credibility than those who believe she was. 

As noted, we are all allowed to form our own opinions, scoldings aside.

Have any of the murder theorists offered anything like evidence? If not, slight credibility problem, don't you think?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, LuckyDan said:

Have any of the murder theorists offered anything like evidence? If not, slight credibility problem, don't you think?

Hey,  Frank believed it (well according to  hearsay),   isn't that enough evidence?        (just pulling your leg of course).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings