Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Love Machine" (1971)  is another Jaqueline Sussan camp classic but it's not as funny as "Valley of the Dolls"   Robin Stone ( John Philip Law) sleeps his way to the top of the television industry .  Dyan Cannon is sexy funny as the wife of one of the network executives.   David Hemmings plays Jerry  a gay fashion photographer who lust after Stone .  The main problem with the film is that  John Philip Law was handsome but cold.   In the movies most shocking scene he picks up a hooker and beats the crap out of her hen he suggest he is a closet queen.  I think the hooker was suppose to be transgender.   For the sensitive among you the F word is used a lot .   The movie lacks the over the top camp which makes " Dolls" a classic. Directed by Jack Haley Jr.   Dionne Warwick sings the theme song.

• Like 2

I've only seen parts of it on TV, which means it must have been heavily edited. John Phillip Law was a much better "love machine" as Pygar, the blind angel in Barbarella. I was so jealous of Jane Fonda when she was picking feathers out of her hair the next morning. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DougieB said:

I've only seen parts of it on TV, which means it must have been heavily edited. John Philip Law was a much better "love machine" as Pygar, the blind angel in Barbarella. I was so jealous of Jane Fonda when she was picking feathers out of her hair the next morning. 

You can find in on line for free if you google it- it's not a very good film but  there is plenty of camp- the scene with the hooker is specially interesting and would word a lot better if she turned out to be a he.    Law was sexier as Simbad