Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Frank Lengella’s Dracula Films

David Guercio

There ARE no "many" Frank Langella Dracula films, plural--He made one, not-necessarily-based on his big 70's stage hit, and it's Universal, so probably no.

(But, it's nice to know somebody watched the "I Love NY" clip from the Broadway discussions on the I Just Watched thread.)

• Like 1

Isn't his name spelled Langella? 

I think Frank Langella is super sexy and looked forward to seeing him as seductive Dracula. Found a copy of the movie at the library and remember being disappointed. His performance was kind of cold & wooden and knowing his talent wonder if he deliberately played it that way.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, David Guercio said:

What I actually meant was.  I know they’ve shown many Dracula films here on TCM.  I’ll keep an eye out for his 70s version.

Punctuation helps. Yes, I do believe TCM has shown the 1979 DRACULA starring Langella. 

7h1mhufi1wl31.jpg

I made a screen of the Playbill cover & print my shirts with the design- Gorey/Langella/Dracula-perfection!

• Like 1

I went looking for Yankees vs. Red Sox t-shirts, and can't find the old one from the late-70's/early-80's with Dracula on a baseball field--

And the caption, "I hate New York.  Especially....at Fenway. (swoop!)"  😂

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings