Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Forever Young: A Memoir by Hayley Mills

13 minutes ago, Shank Asu said:

It IS possible to shake the good girl Disney image- best example is Lindsey Lohan and then probably Miley and Demi.

Wasn't Britney Spears and Christine Aguilera Mousketeers?

Haley Mills get's points in my book.

6 minutes ago, Shank Asu said:

It IS possible to shake the good girl Disney image- best example is Lindsey Lohan and then probably Miley and Demi.

Yeah, but remember here that these three being able to shake that image has come about decades after Haley was saddled with it.

Back in the day it seemed once an image was set into the minds of the public, it was there for good, and with a prime example of this being someone such as Sandra Dee.

(...btw, you also might remember that for a time there was a trend for actresses who were stuck with that image would pose nude in Playboy magazine in a effort to break from it)

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

Yeah, but remember here that these three being able to shake that image has come about decades after Haley was saddled with it.

Back in the day it seemed once an image was set into the minds of the public, it was there for good, and with a prime example of this being someone such as Sandra Dee.

(...btw, you also might remember that for a time there was a trend for actresses who were stuck with that image would pose nude in Playboy magazine in a effort to break from it)

But. .. . but . . she SMOKED in The Trouble With Angels, that is naughty! Plus she LIED and said her name was Kim Novak!!!

*whew*.  I need to sit down now.

• Like 2
29 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

Wasn't Britney Spears and Christine Aguilera Mousketeers?

Haley Mills get's points in my book.

They were.  There's a few notable stars that were on the late 80's/early 90's Mickey Mouse Club.  I think a difference is that people like Mills and Annete F is that their fame was from Disney and people like Britney, Christina, Justin Timberlake, Kerri Russel and Ryan Gosling is that they were people who became famous as musicians and/or actors after their time with Disney- and their Mickey Mouse days wasn't their claim to fame.

There's also examples of child stars being dropped by Disney and then having their lives go into a downward spiral such as Tommy Kirk who was able to find personal success later in life.  The saddest example i think would easily be Bobby Driscoll, who voiced and was the live model for the animated Peter Pan (also was Jim Hawkins in 1950's Treasure Island) who was dropped by Disney once he started to get acne and after a brief stint as one of Warhol's 'celebrities' and artist, had his body discovered in an abandoned property in NYC after a drug overdose and wasn't identified until later and was buried in a Potter's Field.  Sad story.

43 minutes ago, Millenniumman said:

Aired on tcm .

They air it quite a lot, considering its Paramount. Not sure how long its been since the last time. Seems to be on every couple years. (Sunset Blvd.)

Experienced Hayley Mills "contemporarily" as a child when In Search of The Castaways was re-released in 1970. Despite its 7+ age, the 1962 movie held a KRAKATOA EAST OF JAVA vibe for me:

In-Search-Of-The-Castaways.jpg

"Guinnevere had golden hair Like yours, m'lady, like yours" -     

• Like 1