Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

TCM ignored National Puppy Day and is now ignoring Cat World Domination Day!

Cat World Domination Day is June 24th.

TCM has chosen to ignore it just as they ignored National Puppy Day on March 23rd.

Cats have been important in movies since: Felix Hits the North Pole (1920). A kitten abetted a burglar in: Raffles (1939). A smiling cat confounded a lost girl in: Alice in Wonderland (1951). Cats have owned a baseball team: Rhubarb (1951), operated a spaceship: The Cat from Outer Space (1978) and practiced magic: Bell Book and Candle (1958).

We will be honoring our cat overloads with private screening of: Cat People (1942), The Cat Returns (2002) and When the Cat Comes (1963).

What are your favorite cat-centric movies?

• Like 3

Here's one, Sans...

harry2.jpg&ehk=8aRAYjGKM2t3XwZtwfEQYGaoA

(...btw, Courthouse Butte which these two characters are standing in front of here is pretty much in my backyard)

• Like 5
30 minutes ago, Dargo said:

(...btw, Courthouse Butte which these two characters are standing in front of here is pretty much in my backyard)

SO where do we put the helo pad?

Favorites?  Definitely Rhubarb and The Cat From Outer Space.  :)

Some other selections for your consideration:

Disney:  That Darn Cat (1965)
After a kidnapped bank teller uses a neighbor's wandering cat to send an SOS, the FBI assigns a cat-allergic agent to the case.
Hayley Mills • Dean Jones • Dorothy Provine • Roddy McDowall • Neville Brand • Elsa Lanchester • William Demarest

Gay Purr-ee (1962)
A starry-eyed cat grows weary of life on a French farm and heads for the excitement of 1890s Paris, followed by her tomcat suitor, Jaune-Tom (Robert Goulet), and his furry cohort, Robespierre (Red Buttons).

The Uncanny (1977)
Wilbur Gray, a horror writer, has stumbled upon a terrible secret, that cats are supernatural creatures who really call the shots. In a desperate attempt to get others to believe him, Wilbur spews three tales of feline horror.
Peter Cushing • Ray Milland • Joan Greenwood

The Incredible Journey (1963)

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

SO where do we put the helo pad?

Oh, I dunno. Perhaps on top of Bell Rock, and which is right next to the aforementioned Courthouse Butte here?...

Bell_Court-from-the-South06_12_2016-1200

(...although, word is some of the locals around here believe the top of Bell Rock has already been pre-reserved for when the alien mother ship will finally land to pick up its intergalactic travelers)

• Like 1
5 hours ago, hamradio said:

How about combining the 2?

MV5BY2JmMDJlMmEtYTk4OS00YWQ5LTk2NzMtM2M3

The_Incredible_Journey.jpg

d93f700a38fa7f06aa8decaeff461ee4.jpg

I do hope that all recognize that the cat is the brains of the outfit in: The Incredible Journey (1963). The dogs are muscle.

• Haha 2

There's also Orangey, co-star of Breakfast at Tiffany's as the no-name slob of a cat, Cat.

Orangey is probably the most credited cat, with a career spanning from Rhubarb in 1951 to TV series Batman and Mission: Impossible in the late 60s.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Dargo said:

Oh, I dunno. Perhaps on top of Bell Rock, and which is right next to the aforementioned Courthouse Butte here?...

Bell_Court-from-the-South06_12_2016-1200

(...although, word is some of the locals around here believe the top of Bell Rock has already been pre-reserved for when the alien mother ship will finally land to pick up its intergalactic travelers)

I like what you've done with the place. 👍🏻

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Weren't these guy supposed to be some sort of alien cats?

I don't know but I hate it.  TCM just showed that.  I like these actors.  I just cannot look at it.  That.  That movie.

11 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

There's also Orangey, co-star of Breakfast at Tiffany's

I love that cat.  I like the 5 and dime the beautiful couple go into at Halloween... but the only thing I love about that movie is CAT

holly-cat.jpg

breakfast-at-tiffanys-cat.jpg

• Like 2
15 hours ago, EricJ said:

And, misunderstood creatures that they are, their natural predator instincts help protect the house from gremlins:

Cat's_Eye_(poster).JPG

Where was the cat  when Robert Hays really need it?

26 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

And as anyone who had a cat knows, -------

Cats don't have owners.

They have staff!  ;) 

Sepiatone

A cat and 2 dogs die and go to heaven.

God, sitting on his throne, asks the first dog what kind of life he led on earth. The dog replies he was faithful to his master, defended the family, and was a boon companion. God pronounces his life a good one, and states he may sit at God's side.

God then asks the second dog what kind of life he led. The dog replies he was a shepherd dog, served his master well, and faithfully guarded the herd day and night, through all kinds of weather. God states his life was good and he may sit at God's other side.

God then asked the cat what about his life. The cat looked at the first dog, then the second, then turned to God and said, "You're sitting in my chair"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1