Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If you click on "more info" for this movie, this is the synopsis you get: "An assistant DA suspects one of the delinquents he's prosecuting for murder is his son."

This is total fiction and is not even close to what this movie is about.  I posted discrepancies like this before and what I said then I will repeat...Do the people who write these blurbs even watch the movies?  Sure doesn't seem like it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
4 hours ago, JoeMastro said:

If you click on "more info" for this movie, this is the synopsis you get: "An assistant DA suspects one of the delinquents he's prosecuting for murder is his son."

This is total fiction and is not even close to what this movie is about.  I posted discrepancies like this before and what I said then I will repeat...Do the people who write these blurbs even watch the movies?  Sure doesn't seem like it.

The movie could have gone down that route, but did not. I'm glad it did not, but I agree with you, or whoever wrote it got the idea and didn't pay much attention after that.

I noticed in his intro to 13 West Street, Ben says Alan Ladd runs out of gas "on a street. West Street", and then 15 minutes into the movie we learn West Street is actually the street he lives on when one of the teenage assailants reads his driver's license.

30 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

I noticed in his intro to 13 West Street, Ben says Alan Ladd runs out of gas "on a street. West Street", and then 15 minutes into the movie we learn West Street is actually the street he lives on when one of the teenage assailants reads his driver's license.

After watching this one last night, I thought there was something else Ben might've mentioned about it, but didn't.

(...and that being that Dolores Dorn who played Ladd's wife in it, gave about the worst acting performance you're ever likely to see)

No mention of that, and I only caught the first 15 minutes, where her appearance is limited to comforting Ladd in the hospital. I did see it once before, though I guess I didn't find her acting egregious enough to stick in my long-term memory!

31 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

No mention of that, and I only caught the first 15 minutes, where her appearance is limited to comforting Ladd in the hospital. I did see it once before, though I guess I didn't find her acting egregious enough to stick in my long-term memory!

Oh, it got worse as the story unfolded, sewhite. Trust me.

Her reactions at the end of this flick and when rich and spoiled Michael Callan's "hoodlum" character confronted her while she was alone at home were "priceless".

(...and listless, to say the least)

25 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Her reactions at the end of this flick and when rich and spoiled Michael Callan's "hoodlum" character confronted her

No kidding, I thought she was going to 'slip into something more comfortable' and make him a drink. 

8 hours ago, JoeMastro said:

Was that possibility ever eliminated in the film? I cant recall it being so. My DirectTV guide says "An assistant district attorney discovers one of the hoodlums he must prosecute is the son of a former love."

• Like 1

what about the sequel?

the young savages meet the young stranger

:lol:

"I want you to tell Burt Lancaster that the manager tried to wrestle me in the lobby."

James Macarthur The Young Stranger Original 8x10" Key Book Photo #H9752 at  Amazon's Entertainment Collectibles Store

First time in years since I've seen THE YOUNG SAVAGES, but I seem to recall that in the courtroom, when "Batman" is on the stand, he DID answer the question of "Why do you like to fight?" by saying, "I like to feel the pain, man."   But I seemed to miss that, if indeed it was shown.  

And I can't find any info on who played the character "Pretty Boy" .  He looked real familiar to me.  So, "little help", please.

Sepiatone

Yeah, CHRIS ROBINSON  who played  Sgt. Komansky in the TV series 12 O'CLOCK HIGH.   I THOUGHT he looked familiar!  I was a faithful viewer of that show. 

Sepiatone

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Yeah, CHRIS ROBINSON  who played  Sgt. Komansky in the TV series 12 O'CLOCK HIGH.   I THOUGHT he looked familiar!  I was a faithful viewer of that show. 

Sepiatone

He was Rick Webber on General Hospital in the late 70’s/early 80’s. 

With a prosecutor like Burt who needs a defense lawyer? You can practically see Edward Andrews' head

about to explode as Burt wrecks his chances at becoming governor. It appears that Burt was starting to come

over to his wife's view about the influence of social causes on the young juvies. 

I thought the movie was a disappointing rendition of Evan Hunter's "A Matter of Conviction", which was an engrossing read. Shelley Winters being in it didn't help any, that's for sure. Accepting that Burt would have had an affair with her defies credulity.

On the plus side, a terrific performance from John Davis Chandler - who, in spite of being a pretty ugly duckling, seemed destined for a decent career as an actor at the time. Turned out to be a lifetime bit player, though. But he did work steady.

20 hours ago, HelenBaby2 said:

He was Rick Webber on General Hospital in the late 70’s/early 80’s. 

I didn't recognize him in that.  He looked a lot different then.  Plus,  I stopped watching GH back in the mid '70's, when actor Michael Gregory played Rick Webber, and Richard Dean Anderson(McGyver) was his brother.   And **** Patsy Rahn was Monica.   Didn't pick up on it again until my second wife entered the picture('85).

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/18/2021 at 11:25 AM, Moe Howard said:

No kidding, I thought she was going to 'slip into something more comfortable' and make him a drink. 

Was that possibility ever eliminated in the film? I cant recall it being so. My DirectTV guide says "An assistant district attorney discovers one of the hoodlums he must prosecute is the son of a former love."

And that is correct, it's not his son but a former girlfriend's son.  In my book, that is a major difference