Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My all-time favorite TV theme is Route 66 by Nelson Riddle.

After that piece, I loved the theme for Hollywood and the Stars by Elmer Bernstein.

A great song was 'Ballad of Paladin' for Have Gun - Will Travel. I believe it was sung by Johnny Western

Also a great song was 'Final Frontier' for Mad About You, which is, I believe, Andrew Gold singing and authoring.

So many good themes. When I was 12, I actually spent money to purchase the '45 of  'Theme from Ben Casey'. My grandfather asked me "where'd you get that record - the morgue?"

• Like 2

This series ran for one season on CBS. Starring the late, great Stuart Whitman with many wonderful guest stars. Great opening to a show by the late great Maurice Jarre.

• Like 1
On 7/7/2021 at 7:30 PM, 37kitties said:

Re: "When I was 12, I actually spent money to purchase the '45 of  'Theme from Ben Casey'. My grandfather asked me "where'd you get that record - the morgue?"

A fun and funny story...

Also a good excuse to post the following again - NipkowDisc made it OK:     

If you listened to Television's GREATEST HITS volume II then you expect this one to follow:     

• Like 2

medical center imo is the best american TV medical drama of all time. my siblings and I were thrilled by it every monday nite at ten.

Gannon and Lochner were the Kirk and Spock of TV medicine.

• Like 3

I remember watching this show every Sunday night when I was seven or eight. Did not really understand it, but my parents watched it, so it must have been good!!!

• Like 3

This was one of the best series to ever appear on television. The Bearcats! starred Rod Taylor and Dennis Cole as Hank Brackett and Johnny Reach, two "soldiers of fortune" who roamed the American Southwest during the Wilson years (1914). They typically accepted work from clients who were in trouble or had troubles needing to be taken care of. They were not paid by a normal fee, rather they insisted on a blank check and they would fill out the fee after the work was completed. Johnny Reach said in the pilot film, Powderkeg... "If you can put a price on it, you don't need them badly enough." Included here is the opening and closing credits of the 1971 series which lasted only 13 episodes. It went up against The Flip Wilson Show. Also there is the original pilot opening theme. Oh, and the 1914 Stutz Bearcat was beautiful to look at and was in many ways the real star of the show.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Stoopnagle said:

I always liked the theme to the short-lived TV show  "UFO".

Here's another from Gerry Anderson's composer, Barry Gray:     

• Like 1

Season one intro to Harry O, starring the late, great David Janssen as iconic private investigator Harry Orwell.

Sure, I liked that show.  But the theme wasn't anything special(or memorable, really) .  Play it to a roomful of folks without telling them what it's from and I'll bet nobody jumps up and shouts the answer!  ;)  And Harry O's theme sounds too "TV cop show" generic.

But ONE TV cop show theme, that was probably already posted, but bears repeating(and was more memorable.  ;) )  is---

Sepiatone

On 6/27/2021 at 7:59 PM, NoShear said:

Dargo, I got through first-year med by having watched too much television when I was a kid:     

Martin Clunes, whose Doc Martin portrayal has provided the actor with some medical knowledge, is said to have correctly nixed a proposed appendectomy for his wife:     

From the first season of the wonderful "The Waltons" starring Richard Thomas, Ralph Waite and Michael Learned.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, fxreyman said:

From the first season of the wonderful "The Waltons" starring Richard Thomas, Ralph Waite and Michael Learned.

Don't know if this one has been posted yet - reminded by your entry here, fxreyman:     

I watched a five-minute preview Sunday afternoon of Whatever Happened to TV Theme Songs?, a CNN documentary special hosted by Don Lemon, which featured a portion of his interview with Gary Portnoy, co-writer of the Cheers theme. They were going to show the whole thing Sunday night. The title, I assume refers to the fact that many modern shows, especially sitcoms,  have "cold" openings now, where the action begins immediately, and credits play over the opening scene with no musical accompaniment.

• Thanks 1