Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

40 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

You want "classic" show themes?   If  this was posted already, I apologize.  ;) 

Sepiatone

My best friend growing up had this on a 45.  Don't remember what was on the other side.

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...

One that sticks in my mind after all these years is a catchy piece of electronica that opened up Here's Come the 70s, a Canadian series about trend in the coming decade.

A small content warning.  It seems Canadian TV back in the '70s wasn't shy about openning a show with a bare bottom.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I hate the high chaparral doan like nothing about it. leif erickson is no lorne greene. who is more annoying? Henry Darrow as manolito or cameron mitchell as buck cannon?

High Chaparral #1 1968-Gold Key-1st issue-TV-Lief Ericson-Cameron Mitchell-  F/VF | Comic Books - Silver Age, Gold Key / HipComic

A High Chaparral Thanksgiving with Henry Darrow | Mesquite Local News

What's that to do with it's theme?   Which does sound a lot like( and I posted this long ago)-----

Hear what I mean?  ;) 

And for JANET:  And I believe it was posted early on in this thread.  ;) 

• Thanks 2
49 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

What's that to do with it's theme?   Which does sound a lot like( and I posted this long ago)-----

Hear what I mean?  ;) 

...and I think I may have responded with the following track, Sepiatone:  

3 hours ago, AmandaBonner said:

A few rare ones:

O.K. Crackerby

The Baileys of Balboa

The Pruitts of Southampton

Never heard of this, but as soon it started I could tell it was a Vic Mizzy theme.  Also rare to see the stars sing the theme on camera.  There have been theme songs sung by a show's actors before, but I don't recall it being done in this manner.

I love Phyllis Diller, but a little of her goes a long way for me.  I'd think her persona would be too overpowering in a 30 minute sitcom every week.

Apparently the show was retooled mid-season, and was retitled as The Phyllis Diller Show.  It got a second theme song (also by Mizzy) in the process.   The only clip I could find is a B&W copy.

• Like 1
21 hours ago, NoShear said:

...and I think I may have responded with the following track, Sepiatone:  

But notice, the theme from THE HIGH CHAPARALL  sounds nothing like  APACHE.  But a LOT like TELSTAR.  ;) 

And AMANDA----

I used to like THE BAILEYS OF BALBOA,  was a wonderful reminder.  Thanks.               And if you like rare ones------------

I used to like that one too.  I think I might have been the only one!  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Re: "But notice, the theme from THE HIGH CHAPARALL  sounds nothing like  APACHE.  But a LOT like TELSTAR.  ;)"

No argument here: Instead, I was going for something of a mashup of the British instrumental groups and the imagery of THE HIGH CHAPARRAL, Sepiatone.

• Thanks 1

For all those who brag about knowing the Bonanza lyrics, quite a few vintage themes were written as lyric songs:

Like:

And:

(And supposedly Lalo Schifirin's for Mission: Impossible, but after reading them once as a kid, I can't find any trace of evidence today as confirmation.  😼)

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

And AMANDA----

I used to like THE BAILEYS OF BALBOA,  was a wonderful reminder.  Thanks.               And if you like rare ones------------

I used to like that one too.  I think I might have been the only one!  ;) 

Sepiatone

Sepia, then you and I must be the only two because I remember it very well!  I even find myself singing it at random times.  It started my lifetime love of the Smothers Brothers.  Do you remember this one?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I sure do AMANDA!  ;)  Thanks for that memory too.   And BTW-----

Being a Smothers Brothers fan in the first place is why I started watching that old show.  ;)  Been a fan even before my step sister got me this LP for my 12th birthday!

It was already two years old by that time, but I was already a fan of theirs from seeing them on TV often.  ;) 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Have been avoiding this thread as too complicated, but for me the best theme song is Route 66 Theme from the TV series.   This is the Nelson Riddle song written specifically for the show, not the Get Your Kicks on Route 66 by Bobby Troup.

What makes it great for me is that not only is it a good stand alone musical piece, but it also fits the show perfectly.  It has that moving down the road feeling about it.

Apologies to anyone who may have mentioned this song before. 

• Like 3