Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

12 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

I sure do AMANDA!  ;)  Thanks for that memory too.   And BTW-----

Being a Smothers Brothers fan in the first place is why I started watching that old show.  ;)  Been a fan even before my step sister got me this LP for my 12th birthday!

It was already two years old by that time, but I was already a fan of theirs from seeing them on TV often.  ;) 

Sepiatone

Very cool! My big brother had a couple of their albums but I didn't listen to them until after I liked them on the old show.  Then I really became a fan.  It was so sad when CBS cancelled the SB Comedy Hour.

Thanks you guys for the early SmotherBrothers reference.  I remember watching that show until it was yanked from the line-up, and then shortly after that season, they got their variety hour.

Oops!  There goes the theme song, "Angel Tom was lost at sea without his water-wings...."  

Both superb talents with an uncanny sense of comedic timing.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when the Disney Studios theme park had an "ABC Backlot" area of unused former Florida-production soundstages themed to promoting their current ABC shows like Ellen and Home Improvement, and classic ABC TV themes played over the ambient loudspeaker music.

And now that it's airing on PlutoTV again, it brings back memories of how there's no way you can't not jaunty-bop to Chuck Barris's theme to The Newlywed Game, "Summertime Guy":  😁

On 11/18/2021 at 1:18 PM, SweetSue said:

I'm way late to this thread, but has anyone even mentioned the original Doctor Who theme?? It's the coolest thing ever.

The Doctor Who theme is a great piece of early electronica.  Another one I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned is the Peter Gunn theme, especially considering how many times it's been redone by other artists.

• Like 2
On 12/13/2021 at 12:57 AM, rjbartrop said:

The Doctor Who theme is a great piece of early electronica.  Another one I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned is the Peter Gunn theme, especially considering how many times it's been redone by other artists.

PETER GUNN  was mentioned back in June.  ;) 

On 12/13/2021 at 2:39 AM, NipkowDisc said:

Sorry Nip, a much better "jungle man" TV theme(and show, really) is---

Sepiatone

• Like 2

My kid sister used to watch this one from the latter '60's.  Every Saturday morning.  I'd just be getting up and still groggy, and from the front room and through my bedroom door, it sounded all to the world to me like someone was saying, "RAPE APE!"  :o

I was wondering what in HELL was Mom letting her watch?  ;) 

Sepiatone

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

I posted abc's WIDE WORLD OF SPORTS during this thread's first inning...

I don't think the following has previously been entered into the competition: