Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

18 minutes ago, MattJacks2003 said:

Reminded me of the following which I wouldn't be surprised to discover influenced the FRIENDS vid or vice-versa - Bikini Kill's Kathleen Hanna is said to have bloodied Thurston Moore's lip during her mischievousness:     

1 minute ago, NoShear said:

I'm transmitting this one down to Mike Nelson:     

Danny Bonaduce's father received writing credits for this children's show:

11 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Here's another syndicated staple for years from ZIV - it starred one of tomorrow night's screen fathers:     

I'm presumptuously submitting this one for Quentin Tarantino who would no doubt be aware of the diced-up screen images of some Formula One racing reminiscent of Grand Prix (1966):     

Five pages in this thread already and evidently I'M the only one here who remembers the works of the great jazz composer, arranger and record producer Pete Rugolo (1915-2011).

For the uninitiated here, Mr. Rulogo wrote the TV theme songs for MANY television programs back in the 1950s-'70s and such as for Leave It to Beaver, Thriller, Checkmate and many more, and with MY personal favorite of his being the following...

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

Ah yes! And in the background behind Lloyd here, the cliffs of beautiful Palos Verdes, California.

(...I remember them well, and along with the now long gone Marineland of the Pacific which sat on those cliffs nearby, and which sponsored this TV series)

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Re: "Ah yes! And in the background behind Lloyd here, the cliffs of beautiful Palos Verdes, California.

(...I remember them well, and along with the now long gone Marineland of the Pacific which sat on those cliffs nearby, and which sponsored this TV series)"

I was wondering when you were going to poke your Buntline into this thread, Dargo! 

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Five pages in this thread already and evidently I'M the only one here who remembers the works of the great jazz composer, arranger and record producer Pete Rugolo (1915-2011).

For the uninitiated here, Mr. Rulogo wrote the TV theme songs for MANY television programs back in the 1950s-'70s and such as for Leave It to Beaver, Thriller, Checkmate and many more, and with MY personal favorite of his being the following...

Give me some credit for at least trying to hold down the  Old School fort til you got here!

• Like 1
1 minute ago, NoShear said:

I was wondering when you were going to poke your Buntline into this thread, Dargo! 

Loved the reference to my avatar here, NoShear.  ;)

(...good work) 

• Haha 1

Another composer of note for some of the most memorable TV series theme songs from the distant past (speaking of "Old School" here NoShear...and, thanks for holding down the fort here in my absence ;) ) would be Nelson Riddle (1921-1985).

Among his best I always thought were the following two...

• Like 2
21 hours ago, NoShear said:

Was coincidentally and honestly about to post...

Ken Kesey and the dream of the Merry Pranksters gets thoroughly sanitized by co-opting of the Cowsills:     

You'd expect a show about a fictional pop group to yield a memorable theme song:    

• Like 2
36 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Re: "...along with the now long gone Marineland of the Pacific which sat on those cliffs nearby..."

Dargo, do you remember the "cliff diver" at Marineland of the Pacific?

Here's a "stunt double" for the aforementioned - seconding what someone else commented, I would still be up there:     

5 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Dargo, do you remember the "cliff diver" at Marineland of the Pacific?

Here's a "stunt double" for the aforementioned - seconding what someone else commented, I would still be up there:     

Yeah, I do remember seeing the high diving stunts at Marineland, and along with seeing Corky the Killer Whale and other attractions back in the '60s. 

(...as you might know, Corky was moved down to SeaWorld in San Diego when Marineland was closed in the 1980s and to where this high dive Wide World of Sports episode was filmed)