Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

1 minute ago, Dargo said:

You might already know this NS, but the two surviving members of this group have anounced their Farewell Tour dates for later in this year...

THE MONKEES ANNOUNCE FAREWELL TOUR DATES | monkees.com

Thank you for the heads up, Dargo, but I wouldn't take so much as even 25% off...

Keith Moon on the eve of his death - he's seen seated with Paul McCartney at McCartney's The Buddy Holly Story bash on September 6, 1978:

Moon+2.jpg

Just now, Dargo said:

Yeah, I do remember seeing the high diving stunts at Marineland, and along with seeing Corky the Killer Whale and other attractions back in the '60s. 

(...as you might know, Corky was moved down to SeaWorld in San Diego when Marineland was closed in the 1980s and to where this high dive Wide World of Sports episode was filmed) 

I think I read something about how Corky was "smuggled" out during the wee hour as to not announce to neighbors that their beloved Marineland was soon to be the proverbial yesterday's papers.

8 minutes ago, NoShear said:

I think I read something about how Corky was "smuggled" out during the wee hour as to not announce to neighbors that their beloved Marineland was soon to be the proverbial yesterday's papers.

Yeah, I think I remember how that whole thing played out too.

9 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Re: "Yeah, I think I remember how that whole thing played out too."

Pacific Ocean Park, Marineland, Pike's in Long Beach: I cannot understand how these cool entertainment venues with their attractive proximity to the Pacific Ocean all became proverbial sand castles, Dargo.

11 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Pacific Ocean Park, Marineland, Pike's in Long Beach: I cannot understand how these cool entertainment venues with their attractive proximity to the Pacific Ocean all became proverbial sand castles, Dargo.

I would think the skyrocketing land values of where they were all situated probably had the most to do with their demise, and then a close second the idea of a diminishing attendance at them and after the novelty of them had faded in the public's mind.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I would think the skyrocketing land values of where they were all situated probably had the most to do with their demise, and then a close second the idea of a diminishing attendance at them and after the novelty of them had faded in the public's mind.

Plus there were better options with Disneyland, Knotts, and Magic Mountain coming soon.  Did you ever go to Marineland? It was a depressing dump. There's still Santa Monica pier though.

I watch tv with my guitar in my lap quite a bit and I've taken to trying to play along with theme music as much as possible, and writing down the music when I can, to keep in practice with notation and figuring out rhythmic structures. One of the more challenging themes is "Mannix." I've seen it written different ways and I'm still not sure which transcriptions are accurate. It's an impressive composition, musically, and well-executed by the musicians who played on the recording.

score_0.png@850x1100?no-cache=1531731452

• Like 2

Unique and driven.

A host of early 70's shows also were big hits like Baretta, Medical Center, The Streets of San Francisco, Welcome Back, Kotter, Room 222, Love American Style, and some others. 

• Like 1
21 hours ago, hamradio said:

Some TV themes, "The X Files", "Tubular Bells", and "Crocketts Theme" is on the 1997 Pure Moods CD.  Wow some of the other selections are 'out there'.

Ach!  Sorry, but if I GOTTA listen to Jan Hammer, I much prefer...

Or anything else from that LP.  Or from THE FIRST SEVEN DAYS.

And then, some TV show themes weren't original, but borrowed from different sources....  ;)   Like The William Tell Overture---

Or Light English classical music  (E.White's "Puffin' Billy")......

Here's the original composition.

Sepiatone

The  CSI  franchise  used  three  hits  of   the   rock  group  The  Who  for their  theme  songs.  CSI  used  the  song    Who  Are  You    for its  theme song.  CSI  Miami  used the  song  Won't  Get  Fooled  Again  for its  theme  song.  CSI  NY  selected  the  song   Baba  O'Riley    for its  theme  song.

• Like 1

The following was once oft-mimicked - I chose this sample for the "sneak preview" of its spinoff, ADAM-12, which yielded the theme music for the LAPD's dispatch center: