Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

With WILD SEED (1965), which will screen tomorrow night on TCM, in his proverbial rearview mirror, Michael Parks starred in the following television series - at least two of its scenes predated a pair of similar ones which would later be seen in ON ANY SUNDAY (1971):     

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Re: "...Michael Parks starred in the following television series - at least two of its scenes predated a pair of similar ones which would later be seen in ON ANY SUNDAY (1971)..."

Dominic Frontiere, composer of the awesome soundtrack for ON ANY SUNDAY, had earlier set music to a traction in the dirt theme:     

• Like 2
1 hour ago, NoShear said:

With WILD SEED (1965), which will screen tomorrow night on TCM, in his proverbial rearview mirror, Michael Parks starred in the following television series - at least two of its scenes predated a pair of similar ones which would later be seen in ON ANY SUNDAY (1971):     

Yep NS, there's Parks' "Long Lonesome Highway" song that you hear him singing during the closing credits of this series.

(...as you may remember, it actually broke into the Top-40 Pop chart and got a pretty good amount of radio airplay for a while during the time of this short-lived series' run)

• Like 2

Jumping the starter's pistol on next month's scheduled documentaries on the Olympics, there was Bud Greenspan's THE OLYMPIAD series - disregard the incorrect year given here and go to about a minute into the following upload for the opening credits:     

On 6/18/2021 at 6:01 PM, txfilmfan said:

The comments section of this video on Youtube actually explains how they spliced this together:

My God, they ran nothing but a black screen with "A CBS Special Presentation" on it, unmoving, for 107 seconds? What extraordinary, ungodly attention spans humans had in the '70s! I think now about trying to sit down with my brother's kids and show them something like Gone With the Wind the way TCM airs it with the overture, intermission, et. al. They would be asleep before the overture was finished!

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

My God, they ran nothing but a black screen with "A CBS Special Presentation" on it, unmoving, for 107 seconds? What extraordinary, ungodly attention spans humans had in the '70s! I think now about trying to sit down with my brother's kids and show them something like Gone With the Wind the way TCM airs it with the overture, intermission, et. al. They would be asleep before the overture was finished!

No, the CBS Special intro was only about 10 seconds long and was animated.  The video of it was in the same post.

The last video I posted there was an explanation of where the CBS Special music came from: it was pieced together from a song on the Hawaii Five-O soundtrack.  Whoever posted it on YouTube just used a still picture over the Hawaii Five-O track.

• Thanks 1

Ah. I don't understand how to load "You Tube Commentary Tracks", I guess. Not something I've heard of before my entire life prior to your mentioning it. I only heard the music. Sounds like watching a DVD.

15 minutes ago, sewhite2000 said:

Ah. I don't understand how to load "You Tube Commentary Tracks", I guess. Not something I've heard of before my entire life prior to your mentioning it. I only heard the music. Sounds like watching a DVD.

It's just the comments/description the YouTube poster put on their video.  If you go to YouTube to watch it (instead of watching it in the post), you'll see comments or a description of the video.  In that description, the poster explains how the music was pieced together.

You can always watch a YT video posted on the forum by just clicking on the YouTube logo in the lower right corner while the video is playing.  That will open up a new tab or window with the video.

Oh, THOSE comments! Well, yes, I'm aware of those! I will read them. I was thinking like how you can set up a DVD so that the movie soundtrack is muted and the actors/director/writers/producer/film critic/film historian/whoever can talk about the movie you're watching.

While schoolgirls sported knee-high go go boots, some of their male peers turned their attention toward women in Turn-of-the-Century lace-ups:     

• Like 1
On 7/2/2021 at 3:53 PM, TopBilled said:

A classic theme for a classic British soap:

I have always been impressed with this beautiful theme.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Another classic theme:

Good one, TopBilled, and prompts me to ask: Has BLUE THUNDER (1983) ever taken flight on TCM? (Yes, TopBilled, I realize Alfred Hitchcock did not direct it.)

3 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Good one, TopBilled, and prompts me to ask: Has BLUE THUNDER (1983) ever taken flight on TCM? (Yes, TopBilled, I realize Alfred Hitchcock did not direct it.)

I don't think it has. 

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Another classic theme:

Please excuse the political incorrectness here, but I thought of this show with Jan-Michael Vincent from my childhood - I know it was part of THE Banana SPLITS hour, but it was DANGER ISLAND to me:     

• Like 1

CBS News Sunday Morning (1979 --)

The opening fanfare for trumpet, "Abblasen", by Gottfried Reiche. They are currently using the third version, which was recorded by Wynton Marsalis.

• Like 2

The beginning of an unbelievable trip through the decades... composed by Alexander Courage.