Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Father Knows Jest

NoShear

Last time I went there was Thanksgiving day 1992. I and my girlfriend took some acid and saw Brahm Stoker's Dracula. Now the big theatre is closed except for "special events". Never thought I'd see the day going to the Chinese meant sitting in a cheesy multiplex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In regard to your topic "Father Knows Jest" here, NS...

In my case, the first thing that came to mind was when I'd reach the front door to our house when I was a kid and it would be locked. If my father were inside, he'd always yell out from the other side of the door, "What's the password?"  Knowing that the "password" since I was a young tot had been established as "swordfish", I'd then call out that word to him and he'd unlock the door so I could enter the house.

It wouldn't be until I was in my teenage years and happened to one day catch a showing of the Marx Bros' Horse Feathers on TV would be when it would dawn on me why the password was always what it was...

(...in other words, evidently being a big Marx Brothers fan must have been handed down to me by my Pop and wasn't by sheer coincidence)

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dargo said:

In regard to your topic "Father Knows Jest" here, NS...

In my case, the first thing that came to mind was when I'd reach the front door to our house when I was a kid and it would be locked. If my father were inside, he'd always yell out from the other side of the door, "What's the password?"  Knowing that the "password" since I was a young tot had been established as "swordfish", I'd then call out that word to him and he'd unlock the door so I could enter the house.

It wouldn't be until I was in my teenage years and happened to one day catch a showing of the Marx Bros' Horse Feathers on TV would be when it would dawn on me why the password was always what it was...

(...in other words, evidently being a big Marx Brothers fan must have been handed down to me by my Pop and wasn't by sheer coincidence)

Awesome Father's Day story, Dargo!

Made me think that Cheech 'n' Chong watched the speakeasy scene while trippin':     

• Like 1