Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Photos for a Book

JohnA

In obtaining prints and permissions for photos for a book, I've been pretty good at figuring out whom to contact for older films. But for newer films, you have a half a dozen production companies involved and the distributors are sometimes a known entity like Paramount and sometimes not. Anybody have any advice on how to figure out who to contact? Thanks in advance.

Are you self-publishing? I can understand your confusion. Maybe even a smaller publisher, too.

However, wouldn't any nationally- or internationally-known publisher have fact-checking, rights-managing, lawyers to cover issues like this?

• Like 1

Thanks for responding, wbogacz. I have a contract with a trade publisher and they asked if I could supply photos to match the text of my book with the photos submitted with the manuscript, So it's really up to me to find photos and secure rights. That's why finding the right people to obtain prints and permissions from is so important. I can just do a print screen from IBMD and ask for permission if I know whom to contact.