Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hats in the movies

TopBilled

By now classic movies are old hat for most of us.

Screen Shot 2021-06-25 at 7.40.32 AM

I was trying to find photos for this year's Summer Under the Stars honorees, and I was surprised how many shots feature our favorite stars in hats. The men are just as stylish as the women.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Shank Asu said:

obvious ones:

imgbin-buster-keaton-pork-pie-hat-silent-film-retro-people-54HdHsp1NC8i3EU9jPhhX8kEs.jpg

Which brings up this favorite(of many) scene of mine in STEAMBOAT BILL Jr.

So, TB, it's men's AND women's hats fair game here, huh?   Now I'll have to pay more attention to women's hats in classic movies.  ;) 

I think we covered men's hats before in these boards, haven't we?

Sepiatone

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Sepiatone said:

Which brings up this favorite(of many) scene of mine in STEAMBOAT BILL Jr.

So, TB, it's men's AND women's hats fair game here, huh?   Now I'll have to pay more attention to women's hats in classic movies.  ;) 

I think we covered men's hats before in these boards, haven't we?

Sepiatone

Great scene! I'm trying to think of iconic women's hats from films but nothing is coming to mind...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Shank Asu said:

Great scene! I'm trying to think of iconic women's hats from films but nothing is coming to mind...

I like how Keaton quickly discards and dismisses his "signature" pork pie.  :D 

Sepiatone

• Like 1

Cuba Gooding Jr. is seen in the traditional NAVY cover in a scene from MEN of HONOR (2000):

MV5BMTEyZTY0MzYtMjVmZC00MjNiLThjNWYtMDQwNjEyMTkwNjExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg 

...and, much more to the point, often donning another type of "hat", various deep sea diving helmets - in the following case a Mark IV hard hat, I think:

m10.jpg.cca715208bb79f2d963f35d149c971d7.jpg

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, NoShear said:

Cuba Gooding Jr. is seen in the traditional NAVY cover in a scene from MEN of HONOR (2000):

MV5BMTEyZTY0MzYtMjVmZC00MjNiLThjNWYtMDQwNjEyMTkwNjExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_CR0,45,480,270_AL_UX477_CR0,0,477,268_AL_.jpg 

...and, much more to the point, often donning another type of "hat", various deep sea diving helmets - in the following case a Mark IV hard hat, I think:

m10.jpg.cca715208bb79f2d963f35d149c971d7.jpg

Dennis Quaid is seen in an Australian slouch hat in a scene from THE RIGHT STUFF (1983):

th?id=OIP.4SOzTd0LXgggUBqoxG-LhgHaEL&pid=Api&P=0&w=266&h=150

and, much more to the point, in another type of "hat", a Navy Mark IV crash helmet - "Oh, I hope not!":

denisquadi460.jpg 

Speaking of Dennis Quaid's role in THE RIGHT STUFF, Donald Moffat hilariously portrayed LBJ a presidential term before Quaid's brother took over the office.

DonaldMoffat_LBJ.jpg

• Like 1

Various headwear for the Batjac clique:

greend.jpg.c49f8508115f20f778565fd376b114d7.jpg

15e87ad18357450bec1e97410a44ac4d.jpg

• Like 2