Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hats in the movies

TopBilled

39 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

You're speaking my language brother! I love hats. A good hat makes any clothes ensemble look better.  I've had a few eight-panel/newsboy caps through the years but never had the privilege of owning a fedora, the king of headwear, mainly due to my oversized noggin.

I make it a habit to pay special attention to the hats in films from the '30s thru the early '50s, the golden age of cranial haberdashery, after that the switch to stingy brims began along with the nation's decline.

I love that expression -- cranial haberdashery! :) 

• Thanks 1

Me too.  I have four eight panel caps(AKA: "Newsboy") , one dating back 30 years.  And three different designs of Fedoras.  And a couple of flat caps.  But in NO WAY, do I own, or will EVER own one of those BASEBALL style caps you see way too much of.  And with the bill pointing in every possible direction!  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Me too.  I have four eight panel caps(AKA: "Newsboy") , one dating back 30 years.  And three different designs of Fedoras.  And a couple of flat caps.  But in NO WAY, do I own, or will EVER own one of those BASEBALL style caps you see way too much of.  And with the bill pointing in every possible direction!  :rolleyes:

Sepiatone

There's a few vintage era baseball caps I wouldn't owning but only for display purposes. A worn baseball cap belongs on the field, period!

Did you see the combo fedora/baseball cap nightmare someone tried marketing a few years back? Like a hat version of a mullet .

• Haha 1

My paper used to carry a comic strip called "Curtis"  which covered the adventures of an African-American kid, and often featured his favorite pastime of watching the ladies come down the aisle of his church and laugh at the hats they'd wear.  It was the only reason he liked going to church.  ;)   And indeed, this legendary icon probably never wore THIS hat to church!

Likely the only other man made object, after the Great Wall of China, that can bee seen from outer space!  :D 

Sepiatone

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...