Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Beware! The Blob


37kitties
 Share

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, NipkowDisc said:

me too. I won't watch it because of that.

But you know it's just a movie, right?

That kitten wasn't really eaten by a real blob. He lived a good long life and was greatly loved and cared for.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 37kitties said:

But you know it's just a movie, right?

That kitten wasn't really eaten by a real blob. He lived a good long life and was greatly loved and cared for.

I don't care! hurting kittens and cats is just tasteless to me.

too many people love cats and will simply not tolerate seeing them harmed on screen.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 37kitties said:

But you know it's just a movie, right?

That kitten wasn't really eaten by a real blob. He lived a good long life and was greatly loved and cared for.

Poor thing had to endure getting that sticky fake goo out of it's fur.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2021 at 1:02 AM, 37kitties said:

Indeed. Kitties, whether grown or little, should never, ever be harmed.

They are my favorite earthlings absolutely.

Me too. Kitties should have only happy lives, on and off screen.  Ever see the film Kedi?  This clip is from Istanbul, where Kedi was filmed.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2021 at 3:37 PM, 37kitties said:

But has it ever run the 1972 sequel that was directed by Larry Hagman and featured a fairly star-laden cast?

Cult fans seem to gush over "Gosh, didja know Larry Hagman directed it??"  

But that's nothing new, as Hagman already had directing ambitions as a frustrated I Dream of Jeannie actor, and got to direct a few episodes of the later seasons.  FWIW, he...didn't direct them very well.  (They were okay, but even by the show's standards, he was no Jonathan Frakes.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/27/2021 at 1:07 PM, hamradio said:

I watched it at my downtown theatre, never forget the hysterical laughing that rang out when the guy ran down the street butt naked.

Sheriff....What did it do?

Beware-the-Blob-11.jpg

:o;)

You mean, they had an actual GUY play the blob?

16 hours ago, Fedya said:

Have you really ever tried giving a cat a bath?  :lol:

Having been a cat owner for many years, and one who also bred cats, I can honestly say that a sharp stick in the eye is more fun than bathing a cat.    And less PAINFUL!  ;) 

Sepiatone

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Fedya said:

Have you really ever tried giving a cat a bath?  

Yes. Successfully.

But not grown cats - they've learned to struggle against anything confining.

I've given warm baths to kittens, then dried them in a big fluffy towel.

They don't mind it at all when they're small - they sense the love and they purr.

When they get older they became fraidy-cats and stop co-operating with anything that isn't of their own intent.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2vy0Zzz.jpgNnLO2rg.jpgUtkE7o0.jpg

 

 

CAT BATHING AS A MARTIAL ART
by Howard “Bud” Herron

Some people say cats never have to be bathed. They say cats lick themselves clean. They say cats have a special enzyme of some sort in their system that works like new, improved Wisk–dislodging the dirt where it hides and whisking it away.

I’ve spent most of my life believing this folklore. Like most blind believers, I’ve been able to discount all the facts to the contrary, the kitty odors that lurk in the corners of the garage and dirt smudges that cling to the throw rug by the fireplace.

The time comes, however, when a man must face reality: when he must look squarely in the face of massive public sentiment to the contrary and announce: “This cat smells like a port-a-potty in July.”

When that day arrives at your house, as it has in mine, I have some advice you might consider as you place your feline friend under your arm and head for the bathtub:

–Know that although the cat has the advantage of quickness and lack of concern for human life, you have the advantage of strength. Capitalize on that advantage by selecting the battlefield. Don’t try to bathe him in an open area where he can force you to chase him. Pick a very small bathroom. If your bathroom is more than four feet square, I recommend that you get in the tub with the cat and close the sliding-glass doors as if you were about to take a shower. (A simple shower curtain will not do. A berserk cat can shred a three-ply rubber shower curtain quicker than a politician can shift positions!)

–Know that a cat has claws and will not hesitate to remove all skin from your body. Your advantage here is that you are smart and know how to dress to protect yourself. I recommend canvas overalls tucked into high-top construction boots, a pair of steel-mesh gloves, an army helmet, a hockey face mask, and a long-sleeved flak jacket.

–Prepare everything in advance. There is no time to go out for a towel when you have a cat digging a hole in your flak jacket. Draw the water. Make sure the bottle of kitty shampoo is inside the glass enclosure. Make sure the towel can be reached, even if you are lying on your back in the water.

–Use the element of surprise. Pick up your cat nonchalantly, as if to simply carry him to his supper dish. (Cats will not usually notice your strange attire. They have little or no interest in fashion as a rule. If he does notice your garb, calmly explain that you are taking part in a product testing experiment for J.C. Penny.)

–Once you are inside the bathroom, speed is essential to survival. In a single liquid motion, shut the bathroom door, step into the tub enclosure, slide the glass door shut, dip the cat in the water and squirt him with shampoo. You have begun on the wildest 45 seconds of your life.

–Cats have no handles. Add the fact that he now has soapy fur, and the problem is radically compounded. Do not expect to hold on to him for more than two or three seconds at a time. When you have him, however, you must remember to give him another squirt of shampoo and rub like crazy. He’ll then spring free and fall back into the water, thereby rinsing himself off. (The national record for cats is three latherings, so don’t expect too much.)

–Next, the cat must be dried. Novice cat bathers assume this part will be the most difficult, for humans generally are worn out by this time. Drying is simple compared to what you have just been through. That’s because by now the cat is semi-permanently affixed to your right leg. You simply pop the drain plug with your foot, reach for your towel and wait. (Occasionally, however, the cat will end up clinging to the top of your army helmet. If this happens, the best thing you can do is to shake him loose and to encourage him toward your leg.) After all the water is drained from the tub, it is a simple matter to just reach down and dry the cat.

–In a few days the cat will relax enough to be removed from your leg. He will usually have nothing to say for about three weeks and will spend a lot of time sitting with his back to you. He might even become psychoceramic and develop the fixed stare of a plaster figurine.

–You will be tempted to assume he is angry. This isn’t usually the case. As a rule he is simply plotting ways to get through your defenses and injure you for life the next time you decide to give him a bath.

–But at least now he smells a lot better.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SansFin said:

2vy0Zzz.jpgNnLO2rg.jpgUtkE7o0.jpg

 

 

CAT BATHING AS A MARTIAL ART
by Howard “Bud” Herron

Some people say cats never have to be bathed. They say cats lick themselves clean. They say cats have a special enzyme of some sort in their system that works like new, improved Wisk–dislodging the dirt where it hides and whisking it away.

I’ve spent most of my life believing this folklore. Like most blind believers, I’ve been able to discount all the facts to the contrary, the kitty odors that lurk in the corners of the garage and dirt smudges that cling to the throw rug by the fireplace.

The time comes, however, when a man must face reality: when he must look squarely in the face of massive public sentiment to the contrary and announce: “This cat smells like a port-a-potty in July.”

When that day arrives at your house, as it has in mine, I have some advice you might consider as you place your feline friend under your arm and head for the bathtub:

–Know that although the cat has the advantage of quickness and lack of concern for human life, you have the advantage of strength. Capitalize on that advantage by selecting the battlefield. Don’t try to bathe him in an open area where he can force you to chase him. Pick a very small bathroom. If your bathroom is more than four feet square, I recommend that you get in the tub with the cat and close the sliding-glass doors as if you were about to take a shower. (A simple shower curtain will not do. A berserk cat can shred a three-ply rubber shower curtain quicker than a politician can shift positions!)

–Know that a cat has claws and will not hesitate to remove all skin from your body. Your advantage here is that you are smart and know how to dress to protect yourself. I recommend canvas overalls tucked into high-top construction boots, a pair of steel-mesh gloves, an army helmet, a hockey face mask, and a long-sleeved flak jacket.

–Prepare everything in advance. There is no time to go out for a towel when you have a cat digging a hole in your flak jacket. Draw the water. Make sure the bottle of kitty shampoo is inside the glass enclosure. Make sure the towel can be reached, even if you are lying on your back in the water.

–Use the element of surprise. Pick up your cat nonchalantly, as if to simply carry him to his supper dish. (Cats will not usually notice your strange attire. They have little or no interest in fashion as a rule. If he does notice your garb, calmly explain that you are taking part in a product testing experiment for J.C. Penny.)

–Once you are inside the bathroom, speed is essential to survival. In a single liquid motion, shut the bathroom door, step into the tub enclosure, slide the glass door shut, dip the cat in the water and squirt him with shampoo. You have begun on the wildest 45 seconds of your life.

–Cats have no handles. Add the fact that he now has soapy fur, and the problem is radically compounded. Do not expect to hold on to him for more than two or three seconds at a time. When you have him, however, you must remember to give him another squirt of shampoo and rub like crazy. He’ll then spring free and fall back into the water, thereby rinsing himself off. (The national record for cats is three latherings, so don’t expect too much.)

–Next, the cat must be dried. Novice cat bathers assume this part will be the most difficult, for humans generally are worn out by this time. Drying is simple compared to what you have just been through. That’s because by now the cat is semi-permanently affixed to your right leg. You simply pop the drain plug with your foot, reach for your towel and wait. (Occasionally, however, the cat will end up clinging to the top of your army helmet. If this happens, the best thing you can do is to shake him loose and to encourage him toward your leg.) After all the water is drained from the tub, it is a simple matter to just reach down and dry the cat.

–In a few days the cat will relax enough to be removed from your leg. He will usually have nothing to say for about three weeks and will spend a lot of time sitting with his back to you. He might even become psychoceramic and develop the fixed stare of a plaster figurine.

–You will be tempted to assume he is angry. This isn’t usually the case. As a rule he is simply plotting ways to get through your defenses and injure you for life the next time you decide to give him a bath.

–But at least now he smells a lot better.

 

 

Every house has an automatic cat washer. We just use it for other things and have forgotton its main purpose.

1. Pick up cat and walk to bathroom petting the cat and telling it what a good kitty it is.
2. Quietly squirt a generous shot of cat shampoo on cat's back.
3. Before the cat senses the shampoo, quickly drop the cat into the toilet and close the lid. Sit on the lid to hold it down, being careful to avoid any frantic paws with claws coming out from under the seat.
4. Bang on the lid. Cat will self-agitate and create a lather.
5. After sufficient time, flush the toilet to rinse the cat and spin off excess lather. Cat will supply further agitation. Repeat three times.
6. Have a friend open all doors leading from the bathroom to the outside.
7. Stand behind the toilet and lift the lid. The cat will race outside and dry itself in the sun.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...