Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Random. Specific,. And NitPicky Observation About imdb...

Aritosthenes

Some of the "Goofs"; and Continuity and Congruency "Issues" and "Problems" that imdb mentions and takes to task, for some films..

Are.. ...When Taken and Considered within the Specific Context of a(ny) given genre and subsequent film.. ...

- Are Not Really "Issues".. ...Nor "Problematic".. .AtAll...

😂

14 hours ago, Aritosthenes said:

Some of the "Goofs"; and Continuity and Congruency "Issues" and "Problems" that imdb mentions and takes to task, for some films..

Are.. ...When Taken and Considered within the Specific Context of a(ny) given genre and subsequent film.. ...

😂

Perhaps....

Then again...

😖😖😖

Definite Maybe....

Not only...

👿👿

But also...

🙈🙉🙊

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/26/2021 at 5:18 PM, Aritosthenes said:

😂

I assume you're talking about the minor inconsistencies of body positions, liquid in glasses, food on plates, etc. when cutting between shots?    I don't consider those goofs either - they just come with the territory when shooting with a single camera setup.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Sorry, can you provide some examples? 

Gladly,.

_

For Example.

"Although the Luisa Rey/Isaac Sachs segment is announced as taking place in San Francisco in the year 1973, Sachs mentions to Luisa that his flight had been delayed by the Air Traffic Controllers' strike. That strike took place eight years later in 1981 during the Reagan administration."

This is; a "Goof" and "Inconsistency" Taken from Cloud Atlas... .

Pulled (Copied and Pasted) from the imdb of Cloud Atls...

While.. ...sure, - perhaps this detail DID in fact in actuality take place eight years later.. -

-- it's a .. ...INSANELY.. ...LUDICROUSLY Complex; Rich.. ..Science Fiction film however..

I (Seriously) Doubt,For Starters; that ANY of these Characters have even HEARD of Ronald Reagan.. ...Nor know (Nor Recognize). Nor Identify.. ...who (the heck) Ronald Reagan IS.. .....when taken in context and subsequent comparison with the genre .. "that is" (found in) Cloud Atlas...

---

This particular "oops" (then); ..is - Not Really At All Relatable. ..Nor is it Consistent with the Story Line and Script .. As Cloud Atlas is Steeped and "Soaked" in Science Fiction-Like Phantasmagoria..

3 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

I assume you're talking about the minor inconsistencies of body positions, liquid in glasses, food on plates, etc. when cutting between shots?    I don't consider those goofs either - they just come with the territory when shooting with a single camera setup.

Well..

Not Quite. I Dont think...

_

Some of the goofs.. plot holes... and Inconsistencies which imdb (on occassions) takes to task with a(ny) given film .. are actually "explained".. ....."within" the context which is the genre and (the) script of a given film itself.. .

. ... ..

That probably sounds like a cold mess ..

😂😶🤦‍♂️🤦‍♀️. lol 

. ... .. .....

I did provide (an initial) example which imdb calls out, in a response to sewhite2000's query... .. the likes of which id definitely be Happy to restate. ReArticulate .. and or provide a Completely Different example if You would like..

And/Or (in all Sincerity); if You Are (still) Interested

5 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

Sorry, can you provide some examples? 

Here,s another ..

_

When Duncan is looking into his cabin using the thermal camera, he can see through the windows like the glass wouldn't be there. This is not how thermal camera works, as it would only show the temperature of the window glass and not through it. If the thermal vision would show through the window, it would do so through the walls, too.

This is (copied and pasted); taken from a "Issue" and "Problem" that imdb has with the Offthe Rails Netflix film, Polar,.
. ...
In short (ha.). ..its Very (VERY) Graphic Novel in Content. Script. Scene. Story,. And Vibe. .. .....even "Comic-Book"; in how it pulls its punches and flexes its pecs..

As Such..
The.. ..... way .. in which weaponry (in this particular case) is implemented and used... ..
...can be (freakin' lol) turned on its head and turned inside out.. Due to the "Hyper" comic book vibe of the story and script...

1 hour ago, sewhite2000 said:

For whatever reason, the category was created. I think they're just trying to find one thing to fill in the slot for each movie. Personally, I don't stress out about it too much!

😂 ..

🍻🥂

_

Yes.. ...Shant Disagree about that... ..its an Avenue for laughter and chuckles on a rainy day...

. ...

Alot of us.. ...have our "weird", and/or specific occurances thst we (sometimes.. with little or altogether sans probable cause) stress and or freakout about.. 😂

Iknow i do.. 😂 😂😂😂