Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Sorry to be a NEGATIVE NANCY, but seriously, has anyone else noticed how the next month or so is just repeats, and not very good ones at that?

It seems as if this programming block is now the SILENT SUNDAY REDHEADED STEPCHILD of the TCM LINE UP?

Hostless,

Unloved.

Drifting.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

my unDERground WISH LIST:

(SOME OF WHICH HAVE PLAYED ON TCM BEFORE)

a DOUBLE FEATURE of THE DEVILS and THE BOY FRIEND!

SCARS OF DRACULA

Some of BORIS KARLOFF'S godawful MEXICAN HORROR MOVIES he did right before he died

any MEXICAN VAMPIRE movie for that matter.

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1985) which was shown not too long ago and which shows up on a lot of streaming services, but really, it's the CASABLANCA of PSYCHOTRONIC FILMDOM, it deserves an annual airing at least.

I DRINK YOUR BLOOD- I just love this one!

(more to come)

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

SCARS OF DRACULA

Some of BORIS KARLOFF'S godawful MEXICAN HORROR MOVIES he did right before he died

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS

RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD (1985) which was shown not too long ago and which shows up on a lot of streaming services, but really, it's the CASABLANCA of PSYCHOTRONIC FILMDOM, it deserves an annual airing at least.

(more to come

Hook or crook, you are determined to see the Devil's again. 😂

• Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

Hook or crook, you are determined to see the Devil's again. 😂

I'm tellin you what....

PICTURE IT: A DESOLATE, FREEZING FEBRUARY NIGHT IN NORTH CAROLINA, TEN YEARS AGO

Me: bored out of my mind, suffering from seasonal depression, no television at the time, only my laptop computer monitor to view movies on youtube, and what do i come across but THE DEVILS in 25 parts on YOUTUBE- and it was COMPLETELY UN-CUT, THE VERSION WITH THE NUN DIDDLING HERSELF WITH THE CHARRED THIGHBONE and ALL THE NUDITY and OR GY SCENES AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!- and it just SNAPPED ME OUT of my DEEP SEASONAL/REGULAR RUT OF DEPRESSION and IN THE ODDEST WAY, SHOCKED ME BACK TO LIFE!

One of the reasons I like "perverse" or SHOCKING films is their ability to act as a sort of at home SHOCK TREATMENT to snap me out of a profound funk or depression.

See the source image

• Haha 4
44 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

and please feel free to suggest some sick sh!t of your own.

for some reason, during the summer months, I really enjoy watching PRURIENT FILMS and I'm always open to suggestions.

I agree, they're repeating way too much. Thing is, they keep showing the promo for Underground with the lady who researches/finds(?) the movies and shorts for Underground. Did she quit? Is she on strike? Does she need help walking the picket line? If it'll get new film selections I'll chip in.  I'll bring coffee, donuts and some rocks. I'll even bring some Sharpies and poster board but my penmanship is pretty awful...so she should probably actually make the picket signs. Yeah, that'd probably be best 

Down with bosses!

One big union!

Good pay or bum work!

Vive L'Internationale!

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

I agree, they're repeating way too much. Thing is, they keep showing the promo for Underground with the lady who researches/finds(?) the movies and shorts for Underground. Did she quit? Is she on strike? Does she need help walking the picket line?

I have never seen this! (ever since i got Hulu, I don't ever watch TCM live or see the between-the-films bits and promos)

• Like 1

As for flicks I'd like to see on Underground should she win her struggle against the Man-

Alejandro Jodorowsky's El Topo and the Holy Mountain

Luis Buñel's Exterminating Angel

L.Q. Jones adaptation of the Harlen Ellison's novella A Boy and His Dog

Russ Meyer's pre Beyond the Valley of the Shadow of the Dolls films. Especially Mudhoney, Motor Psycho, and Faster Pussycat Kill! Kill!

Lars von Trier's Danish television miniseries the Kingdom and it's sequel the Kingdom II (and hopefully convince him to finish the trilogy)

Anything, please anything (!) from Doris Wishman

Conrad Rooks' Chappaqua

Any of Robert Downey Sr.'s movies

I'd be happy with some/all/any of those 

• Thanks 1

Ya know, I have wondered why TCM never replaced Rob Zombie with another Underground host after his departure.

Gee, maybe they should have that Karger guy doin' it???

(...nah, on second thought, I don't think he'd be a good fit for this one, huh)  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

One of the reasons I like "perverse" or SHOCKING films is their ability to act as a sort of at home SHOCK TREATMENT to snap me out of a profound funk or depression.

Self medicating eh? 

• Haha 1
26 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I have never seen this! (ever since i got Hulu, I don't ever watch TCM live or see the between-the-films bits and promos)

They've been showing it quite a bit of late. Shows clips and soundbites of cult films, the majority of which I don't remember ever seeing on Underground, interspersed with clips of the young lady who says she picks the films for Underground. She briefly explains what an underground/cult movie is and why it's important for them to be seen.

She doesn't explain however why she chooses to show the same ones as nauseam.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, Moe Howard said:

Self medicating eh? 

Well, as John Lennon once said..."Whatever gets you through the night", RIGHT?!

(...or I suppose in Lorna's case here, whatever gets you through seasonal depression disorder, anyway)

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Ya know, I have wondered why TCM never replaced Rob Zombie with another Underground host after his departure.

(...nah, on second thought, I don't think he'd be a good fit for this one, huh)  ;)

But just imagine the shocked look on his face on the end wraparound for Lorna's the Devil's.

• Haha 1
18 minutes ago, Dargo said:

I think Dave’s creepy enough. It might actually be a great fit.
(I like Dave, but I’ve come to see your point from a while back about his uncanny valley like and OMNIPRESENT smile.)

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

But just imagine the shocked look on his face on the end wraparound for Lorna's the Devil's.

I’m so flattered to see it referred to as LORNA’S THE DEVILS!

• Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Well, as John Lennon once said..."Whatever gets you through the night", RIGHT?!

(...or I suppose in Lorna's case here, whatever gets you through seasonal depression disorder, anyway)

Seasonal, bipolar, “The Bill Styron thing”- I’ve got all the types!

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

SCARS OF DRACULA

NIGHT OF THE CREEPS

(more to come)

you wanna see all them K. Gordon Murray mexican imports too. have you seen Curse of the Crying Woman?

you'll wanna see The Bloody Vampire and the sequel Invasion of the Vampires with Carlos Agosti as Count Siegfried Von Frankenhausen!

:D

THE BLOODY VAMPIRE (1962) Reviews and overview - MOVIES and MANIA

• Like 1

A few more I wish they'd search the vaults for-

All seven films starring my own personal hero, Arch Hall Jr. (Can't believe he hasn't been given a Criterion Collection release 😤); the Choppers, Magic Spectacles, Eegah!, Wild Guitar, the Sadist, the Nasty Rabbit, and Deadwood '76

The Brazilian classic guaranteed to raise you out of a funk because no bad how things are, you know you've got it better than these kids,  City of God.

Another film that's gonna make you feel just peachy about life ( and incidentally set in a town right up the road from me). Harmony Korine's Gummo

And quite possibly the greatest What in Vishnu's name am I watching and why can't I stop movie of all time. From the same warped mind that gave us the non hits like, the Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Quit Living and Became Mixed-up Zombies, the Mad Love Life of a Hot Vampire, and the Hollywood Strangler Meets the Skid Row Slasher. Ray Dennis Steckler's (or Cash Flagg, Sven Christian, Harry Nixon, Wolfgang Schmidt, Cindy Lou Sutters and dozens more) the immortal Rat Phink a Boo Boo

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I want to see wonderful crap like BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS or FASTER PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! or EEGAH! or  GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE or CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS or EATING RAOUL or ROCK n' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

ROCK n' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL...

Just watched it on HDNET earlier today. It just doesn't get better than the Ramones.  It's on at 6 and 8 today on AXSTV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lorna,

Not sure if you are aware of the "TCM Slumberground" series of YouTube videos where the TCM Underground curator and friends meet to discuss upcoming programming on TCM Underground.  Here's one way to find them:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC55WRXRuDkx-mMLhB7B7-KvIH5-dIzxl

Sort of an equivalent of having a semi-regular host for Underground.

(Thanks to MR6666 for posting links for these and calling attention to them.)

• Thanks 3