Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

8 hours ago, Citizen Ed said:

A few more I wish they'd search the vaults for-

All seven films starring my own personal hero, Arch Hall Jr. (Can't believe he hasn't been given a Criterion Collection release ūüė§); the Choppers, Magic Spectacles, Eegah!, Wild Guitar, the Sadist, the Nasty Rabbit, and Deadwood '76

The Brazilian classic guaranteed to raise you out of a funk because no bad how things are, you know you've got it better than these kids,  City of God.

Another film that's gonna make you feel just peachy about life ( and incidentally set in a town right up the road from me). Harmony Korine's GummoAnd quite possibly the greatest What in Vishnu's name am I watching and why can't I stop movie of all time. From the same warped mind that gave us the non hits like, the Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Quit Living and Became Mixed-up Zombies, the Mad Love Life of a Hot Vampire, and the Hollywood Strangler Meets the Skid Row Slasher. Ray Dennis Steckler's (or Cash Flagg, Sven Christian, Harry Nixon, Wolfgang Schmidt, Cindy Lou Sutters and dozens more) the immortal Rat Phink a Boo Boo

the great Vilmos Zsigmond was cinematographer of the Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Quit Living and Became Mixed-up Zombies

:)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Citizen Ed said:

the Choppers, Magic Spectacles, Eegah!, Wild Guitar, the Sadist, the Nasty Rabbit, and Deadwood '76; Gummo; Incredibly Strange Creatures Who Quit Living and Became Mixed-up Zombies, the Mad Love Life of a Hot Vampire, and the Hollywood Strangler Meets the Skid Row Slasher. Ray Dennis Steckler's (or Cash Flagg, Sven Christian, Harry Nixon, Wolfgang Schmidt, Cindy Lou Sutters and dozens more) the immortal Rat Phink a Boo Boo

15 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS or FASTER PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! or EEGAH! or  GRAVE OF THE VAMPIRE or CHILDREN SHOULDN'T PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS or EATING RAOUL or ROCK n' ROLL HIGH SCHOOL...

"Buddy Holly, BEN-HUR, Space Monkey, Mafia, Hula-Hoops, Castro, Edsel is a no-go..."

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i did not know PAUL MACARTNEY AND WINGS did a song on the ROCK AND ROLL HIGH SCHOOL soundtrack!

wonder if they had LINDA on KEYBOARDS by then-

See the source image

Love it!  Glad you tracked down the origin of that.

Here's one that I'm guessing might be part of a TV commercial.  I've had this on my computer for a while but haven't figured out yet.

https://moviecollectoroh.com/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/cats-the-old-west2.gif

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Love it!  Glad you tracked down the origin of that.

Here's one that I'm guessing might be part of a TV commercial.  I've had this on my computer for a while but haven't figured out yet.

https://moviecollectoroh.com/pics_to_hotlink_on_TCM/cats-the-old-west2.gif

God help me, but I could watch CAT VIDEOS all day....

(and I'm not even really a "cat person"!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I understand he may not be looking for more commitments, and I know he takes pride in writing his thoroughly researched introes and outros, but I think EDDIE MULLER would make a great UNDERGROUND HOST.

See the source image

Yeah. I could picture him doing a good job as host.

13 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

ALSO, I know there is a ZERO PERCENT CHANCE OF THIS HAPPENING, but if THE DAY THE CLOWN CRIED ever sees the light of day, it would make SUCH A GREAT UNDERGROUND DEBUT!!!!!!

I would fall to the ground weeping and genuflect to whoever was able to pilfer it from the Lewis estate! I've been dying to see this since I first heard about it and how god awful horrible it's supposed to be.

The Holy Grail of underground film!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

I would fall to the ground weeping and genuflect to whoever was able to pilfer [THE PRINT OF THE DAY THE CLOWN CRIED] from the Lewis estate! I've been dying to see this since I first heard about it and how god awful horrible it's supposed to be.

The Holy Grail of underground film!

OMG, SAME!!!!!!!!

My dream would be to see it on the BIG SCREEN.

ALLEGEDLY, the Lewis estate made an agreement that the film could be shown some number of years after his death, so....keep those fingers crossed!!!!!!!

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 5:59 AM, LornaHansonForbes said:

What is it about Mary Woronov that always makes it impossible to take your eyes off of her in any of these cult films she's ever been in?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

I understand he may not be looking for more commitments, and I know he takes pride in writing his thoroughly researched introes and outros, but I think EDDIE MULLER would make a great UNDERGROUND HOST.

See the source image

Eddie's joining Ben for Friday Night Neo-Noir all through July.

1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

PAULINE KAEL described WURONOV as "innately kinky," and I have to agree.

Yeah, I'd say that that's a pretty good description of her.

(...sort of the polar opposite of the little blonde Aussie gal you also posted a shot of up there, huh)  ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure if these have been shown but I would like them to be:

Who Killed Teddy Bear? (1965)  A hostess at a discotheque (Juliet Prowse) is terrorized by an obscene phone caller (Sal Mineo). Elaine Strich is her lesbian boss and Jan Murray is a cop who likes to listen to tapes of sex offenders confessions on his own time.

Lemora, A Child's Tale Of The Supernatural (1973)  Set in the 1920s, a gangster's daughter is sent away to strange house where a female vampire keeps little children. The girl is sent by bus where some weird creatures come out of the woods. Most memorable scene is where a old hag sings a creepy song about a graveyard in close up.

The Hidden (1987) The ultimate 1980s movie, it is a combination buddy cop/sci fi/ action movie. In a warm up for his Twin Peaks role, Kyle MacLachlan plays a weird FBI agent chasing an evil outer space alien who can inhabit the bodies of humans and turn them into homicidal maniacs.

Kissed (1996)  A female obsessed with dead bodies since she was a child gets her dream job as an embalmer. She finds  a real live boyfriend for the first time and he thinks of  a way to help with her obsession in a shocking ending. This is all done with a complete straight face and has a haunting soundtrack.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

OMG, SAME!!!!!!!!

My dream would be to see it on the BIG SCREEN.

ALLEGEDLY, the Lewis estate made an agreement that the film could be shown some number of years after his death, so....keep those fingers crossed!!!!!!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Clown_Cried#Possession_by_the_Library_of_Congress

Apparently per the agreement with the estate, the donor restrictions will expire in April 2024. There will be screenings at the LOC in Culpeper, VA, but nowhere else (and no home video) without the formal permission of the Lewis estate. I expect to drive down from Washington, DC to see this; anyone wanna carpool down with me?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sewhite2000 said:

SandPants.jpg

Well sure sewhite, there was this ONE time when Olivia "slummed it" a bit here, but with the vast majority of Mary Woronov's roles being what they were AND with the vast majority of Olivia's roles being what they were,  I STILL say they were "the polar opposite" of each other in almost all other cases.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Polly of the Precodes said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Day_the_Clown_Cried#Possession_by_the_Library_of_Congress

Apparently per the agreement with the estate, the donor restrictions will expire in April 2024. There will be screenings at the LOC in Culpeper, VA, but nowhere else (and no home video) without the formal permission of the Lewis estate. I expect to drive down from Washington, DC to see this; anyone wanna carpool down with me?

YES.

Although I am trying to imagine explaining to my Boss why I need time off from work. "Well you see, fortysome years ago JERRY LEWIS made this movie about a CLOWN in a NAZI CONCENTRATION CAMP and...are you pressing a button under you desk?"

• Haha 2