Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

11 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

ūü§ď Hey! You've seen me working!

it genuinely breaks my heart that they've "cleaned up" TIMES SQUARE now. i was there in 1992 and then again in 2008 and UGH!

It was like DISNEYLAND, only MORE EXPENSIVE!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

The drive-in was where I actually saw this movie (just using that term for it made me throw up in my mouth a little). It wasn't top billed. Might even have been third on the schedule, which would make sense in an effort to drive everyone home early.

Spent the entire time with my head cocked at an angle just like tiny dogs do when they're bewildered. I was afraid to go home because I was sure I must have inadvertently dropped some acid. Only way that... movie (did it again) could have been as bizarre as it was.

i imagine even the novelty of seeing a movie about a HAUNTED DRIVE-IN in an ACTUAL DRIVE-IN wasn't enough to overcome the crappiness of the film.

• Haha 1
Just now, LornaHansonForbes said:

it genuinely breaks my heart that they've "cleaned up" TIMES SQUARE now. i was there in 1992 and then again in 2008 and UGH!

I've never been there but growing up in the '70s and seeing it in movies and on the news, that seediness had a certain charm that just seemed to fit the city. It saddened me also when I heard they were making it respectable again. Same thing when I heard Hilly Kristal was shuttering CBGB's. Over a rent dispute no less! 

8 minutes ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

i imagine even the novelty of seeing a movie about a HAUNTED DRIVE-IN in an ACTUAL DRIVE-IN wasn't enough to overcome the crappiness of the film.

Not even close. Even worse by that time the pimply kid with braces had already locked up the concession stand so I didn't even have the pleasure of stale popcorn or dessicated hot dogs on hard buns to fall back on 

8 minutes ago, Citizen Ed said:

Not even close. Even worse by that time the pimply kid with braces had already locked up the concession stand so I didn't even have the pleasure of stale popcorn or dessicated hot dogs on hard buns to fall back on 

ūüíĒ

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

this is the original trailer for RUBY (1977) in case of some you are unfamiliar with the film.

(LUCKY YOU)

Those exorcistic back bends are something. Must be a lot of them if two made it into the trailer!

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Moe Howard said:

Those exorcistic back bends are something. Must be a lot of them if two made it into the trailer!

Not as I recall, no. 
its verrrrry talky. 
Like if Tennessee Williams had decided to write a remake of THE EXORCIST, only not as fun as that would likely turn out to be...

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Allhallowsday said:

What a cast...!  And the movie looks like doggie doo.

Yes. But from a very well fed chunky style doggie, not some incontinent stray cur.

• Haha 2

I remember one evening in the 1970s as it was starting to get dark passing through Times Square

and all of a sudden two blonde babes in gold lame dresses walked by. There was something rather

charming in seeing them amidst the general sleaziness of Times Square. 

• Haha 2
17 minutes ago, Vautrin said:

I remember one evening in the 1970s as it was starting to get dark passing through Times Square

and all of a sudden two blonde babes in gold lame dresses walked by. There was something rather

Hmmm... as opposed to glamorous sleaziness.  Reminds me of CITIZEN KANE with C. EVERETT SLOANE describing a girl who never saw him that he saw decades before for one moment... and thinks about her still, he'd bet not a month goes by...

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

Gold lame’?
$50** says those were MEN, Honey. 

**(Adjusted for inflation)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, Allhallowsday said:

Hmmm... as opposed to glamorous sleaziness.  Reminds me of CITIZEN KANE with C. EVERETT SLOANE describing a girl who never saw him that he saw decades before for one moment... and thinks about her still, he'd bet not a month goes by...

They did upscale old Times Square for a brief moment. I only think about them when the subject of Times

Square comes up. And I believe these two ladies were much less innocent than the girl in white who zapped

Sloane. 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, LornaHansonForbes said:

Gold lame’?
$50** says those were MEN, Honey. 

**(Adjusted for inflation)

How disillusioning to think that two attractive pros were men. They were too good

looking for all but your most talented and inspired transvestites, so I'm sticking with the ladies.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Vautrin said:

How disillusioning to think that two attractive pros were men. They were too good

looking. . . . . 

It's a safe bet you are not a Navy man. One of the first things the old timers tell you before you head to the Philippines. Stay away from the REALLY good looking ones. Of course you might have the opportunity to find out for yourself cruising Santa Monica in West Hollywood..

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

It's a safe bet you are not a Navy man. One of the first things the old timers tell you before you head to the Philippines. Stay away from the REALLY good looking ones. Of course you might have the opportunity to find out for yourself cruising Santa Monica in West Hollywood..

Nope. I'm too unpatriotic to join the armed forces. With the internet one no longer has to cruise

the grimy streets of big cities. Thanks nerdy geeks.

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Moe Howard said:

I'm married to Old Navy. He says the same thing about Naples. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/8/2021 at 1:52 PM, LornaHansonForbes said:

I get that. As stylized as the gangs were in The Warriors, that movie and The Incident , Taxi Driver, Death Wish and other NYC locale movies of the 70's must look pretty peculiar to young audiences now.

The danger and seediness of that era was terrible maybe - but it was great for movies.

• Like 1