Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THEY’RE TURNING COSBY LOOSE?!?!

2 hours ago, hamradio said:

Too bad the other cast members in "The Cosby Show" have to pay the price for what  Bill did. 

I hate John Agar for what he did to the teenage pregnant Shirley Temple but I would still watch "Fort Apache" because of the other actors.

That's not the point. the Cosby show was a family show and Bill Cosby was suppose to be this great  dad. He moralized on the show. It's not the same as watching Fort Apache, a 2 hour movie, it's a bad comparision. Hard to take whatever Bill Cosby says on the tv show seriously, it now seems like all lies. He destroyed whatever good could be taken from the show.

1 hour ago, lavenderblue19 said:

That's not the point. the Cosby show was a family show and Bill Cosby was suppose to be this great  dad. He moralized on the show. It's not the same as watching Fort Apache, a 2 hour movie, it's a bad comparision. Hard to take whatever Bill Cosby says on the tv show seriously, it now seems like all lies. He destroyed whatever good could be taken from the show.

Personally I never had watched his show, wasn't my cup of tea.  Never taken ANY sitcom seriously - all are fiction and the people whom star in them like in movies can be vastly different in real life.  How many stars / celebrities have disappoint when their flaws or crimes are brought into the limelight, i.e  Robert Blake.....

Oh wasn't Lindsay Lohan so-o-o sweet in ...

81RCEiEmvmL._SY445_.jpg

...now look at her.

https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/celebrity-mugshots/lindsay-lohan/

1363883613_lindsay-lohan-mugshot-4-150x1

6 hours ago, Hibi said:

I never watched a single episode of the show. Had no interest. He never appealed to me (even less now). 

Me neither. My parents, well really my mother, would watch it sometimes when it was in syndication

in the late afternoon. From the little I saw it didn't look very funny. Basically the same old stale sitcom

situations slightly updated.

The show was a huge hit. It was on for 8 years, so I guess someone must have watched LOL. The show was a family show and parents watched, with their kids. Comparing  a 2 hour movie to a tv show that was on every week for 8 years is not much of a comparision.  Yes, cosby like other performers that behaved horribly in real life is a huge disappointment. Cosby crossed the line here. He didn't just behave horribly, he broke the law and hurt these women in ways that we can only imagine. He was someone that was portrayed as someone to look up to for millions of kids and he showed himself to be a criminal and a hypocrite. His show has no business being in re-run. 

3 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

The show was a huge hit. It was on for 8 years, so I guess someone must have watched LOL. The show was a family show and parents watched, with their kids. Comparing  a 2 hour movie to a tv show that was on every week for 8 years is not much of a comparision.  Yes, cosby like other performers that behaved horribly in real life is a huge disappointment. Cosby crossed the line here. He didn't just behave horribly, he broke the law and hurt these women in ways that we can only imagine. He was someone that was portrayed as someone to look up to for millions of kids and he showed himself to be a criminal and a hypocrite. His show has no business being in re-run. 

It was probably the biggest hit that TV had seen in many years.  That one show practically saved NBC from bankruptcy  and revived the popularity of sitcoms.     Cosby's show won the time slot from Magnum, P.I., and hastened the decline of action shows.

32 minutes ago, txfilmfan said:

It was probably the biggest hit that TV had seen in many years.  That one show practically saved NBC from bankruptcy  and revived the popularity of sitcoms.     Cosby's show won the time slot from Magnum, P.I., and hastened the decline of action shows.

Now there's nothing but garbage on the networks...American Ninja Warrior., Big Brother.  No wonder people are cutting the cable.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, txfilmfan said:

Exactly. what a waste! that's what I said that show was a huge hit and had a huge audience. ps I love the original Magnum PI

9 hours ago, lavenderblue19 said:

Exactly. what a waste! that's what I said that show was a huge hit and had a huge audience. ps I love the original Magnum PI

I was a big fan of both shows.

But that was a long time ago.

I wouldn't watch a show with either of those stars in it today.

Life Goes On.