Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy Birthday Leslie Caron!

leslie-caron-interview-CBS-300x257.jpg

Time stops for no one but definitely slowed down for wonderful talent Leslie Caron-Wow-guess dancing kept her fit & healthy to reach 90!  Have a glass of wine for us Leslie! Congratulations!

• Like 8

I loved watching her recently as part of the ensemble cast for a few seasons of The Durrells In Corfu on PBS' Masterpiece (2016-2019). She played a countess who rarely ventured outside her home but who nevertheless became involved in the lives of the eccentric family. As always, she radiated a sense of calm and good humor. I wasn't expecting to see her, so it was a real treat. Happy Birthday, Leslie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My mother loved Leslie Caron so much, her first born was slated to be named Leslie Karen. Instead a boy, second child another boy. By time she got her girl (me) she had abandoned the name and instead named me for Susan Hayward. I would have LOVED to have been Leslie Karen.

• Like 1

Big fan of Leslie Caron;    A very solid combination of talent, beauty, charm and style.      She has a way of pulling at my heart strings more so than any of the other actor\dancers of the golden era of musicals.          Films like Lili "work" for me (without getting too sentimental),  because of her charm and lightness of being.

Amazon.com: Leslie Caron Pose with a Puppet wearing a Hat Photo Print (24 x  30): Home & Kitchen

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Big fan of Leslie Caron;    A very solid combination of talent, beauty, charm and style.      She has a way of pulling at my heart strings more so than any of the other actor\dancers of the golden era of musicals.          Films like Lili "work" for me (without getting too sentimental),  because of her charm and lightness of being.

Amazon.com: Leslie Caron Pose with a Puppet wearing a Hat Photo Print (24 x  30): Home & Kitchen

Lili was one of the first films I ever saw first-run as a child and it stayed with me for years. But in those days movies went into limbo once they were out of theaters, unless you were lucky enough to run into them on TV. I didn't see it again until it played a revival house in Boston over 20 years later. Seeing it again as a young adult, I was every bit as charmed and delighted. It has the same timeless magic as The Wizard of Oz. Leslie Caron is almost literally why I've loved movies all my life. 

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings